Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads "fumble" « previous next »
Page: 1

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2006, 09:50:54 PM

Am I crazy? When they showed the replay of the Grads fumble it looked to me like he threw a shovel pass that wasn't particularly near a target.  I thought I was going to see the challenge flag, but that didn't happen.  Obviously Grads didn't lobby for it because if he told Gruden he threw a shovel pass I have to think Gruden would have challenged. 

I don't know maybe when you just shovel the ball to nobody in particular that counts as a fumble?  I don't know.  Did anybody else see the same thing I did?

#1 : October 08, 2006, 09:52:43 PM

I think he was about to lob it to Caddy who was in the flat, but not sure on that

calicojack

Starter
#2 : October 08, 2006, 09:54:17 PM

I was a little crazy too, but there was no throwing motion.  He got hit from behind and lost the ball.

The Dream Team

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#3 : October 08, 2006, 10:01:21 PM

He got hit from behind and lost it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 08, 2006, 10:05:27 PM

It looked like he was going to shovel it but got hit before his arm moved forward, call was correct.

rombarrone

Starter

#5 : October 08, 2006, 10:06:33 PM

Call was correct. Deff a fumble.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 09, 2006, 09:17:06 AM

He was definitely going to check down to Cadillac but I don't think it was going to be a shovel pass.  he just held it too long on that play.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2006, 09:19:38 AM

That was a play where two rookies each made a mistake.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 09, 2006, 10:18:00 AM

I definitely saw a shovel pass and was so out of it, I didn't realize the significance of it til later.  It was a shovel and if we look at the tape, we'll see someone I believe it was Caddy standing close by that he was trying to get it to.  Caddy was turned to him during the move...

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 09, 2006, 10:51:50 AM

Wether the intent was to shovel or not, if we had got that call I think it would have been extremely poor officiating. We are all homers so of course we would like to think that was the case, but look at it from the perspective that if it was Drew Brees, would you have been so certain then?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 09, 2006, 11:31:23 AM

I'm just saying what I saw. If it was a shovel then its not the fault of the refs that nobody challenged it. That is on either Gradkowski for not telling Gruden to challenge or Gruden for not listening to Gradkowski. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 09, 2006, 12:02:54 PM

right on the money

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 09, 2006, 04:09:09 PM

i have to disagree with you on this one...i think it falls on gradkowski...i think he held the ball a little too long...the protection that trueblood gave him was good...grads had time to step up and make a throw, but the coverage was excellent and nobody was open to throw to...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads "fumble" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools