Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thursday Night Football « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 01, 2006, 01:54:54 PM

So basically the TV companies that had a contract with the NFL prior to the agreement to show live games had to pay extra to carry those games.  Any new provider will automatically have the live games, and per the new NFLN agreements they will also carry the channel on a non-subscription basis.

The NFL are moving towards airing their own games and collecting the advertisement revenue directly.  If their vision of the future progresses in a few years a lot of the Sunday/Monday games will be on their own network.  To make their plan pay they need NFLN in every home in America, hence their insistence that the channel be included with the basic packages.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 01, 2006, 02:13:56 PM

umm, I didn't say it was a cash cow for the NFL, I said it was a cash cow designed to milk money from NFL fans.  In this case, it is the cable/satelite companies doing the milking...

either way, someone is making cash.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 01, 2006, 05:41:15 PM

umm, I didn't say it was a cash cow for the NFL, I said it was a cash cow designed to milk money from NFL fans.  In this case, it is the cable/satelite companies doing the milking...

either way, someone is making cash.

Isn't that the puspose of all businesses?  I don't begrudge any well run business that provides a quality product from making a little cash.  I love the NFL and my TV provider rocks, both give me great entertainment/enjoyment value for my $$

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 01, 2006, 05:50:20 PM

DirectTV is the way to go. Especially, if you get the NFL Sunday Ticket! The announcers suck for NFLN.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thursday Night Football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools