Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles fielding trade offers for Sheppard « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 29, 2008, 09:03:27 PM

Eagles are now going to attempt to trade cornerback Lito Sheppard, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network. Sheppard, a first-round draft pick in 2002 who is still only 26 years old. Sheppard is under contract for four more seasons, with base salaries of $2 million in 2008, $3 million in 2009, $3.7 million in 2010, and $4.25 million in 2011.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 29, 2008, 09:04:49 PM

Shepperd probably can't stay healthy consistently seems to be why they are willing to unload him.  Whether that is true or not is hard to say as he is only 26 years old but seems to be a reoccuring theme with him.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 29, 2008, 09:05:42 PM

I would trade a pick for him, next years though.... He is a young, shutdown corner. We have played a lot more man coverage here in the past few years as teams have figured out our cover 2. I think this is as close to Tiger Woods as we will get with whose left on the market.

PoorRichard

Starter

#3 : February 29, 2008, 09:07:05 PM

He would be a great addition to this defense.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 29, 2008, 09:07:36 PM

This is a deep draft for DB's ... unless they are willing to take a 4th or lower, I'd say pass, save the picks and take our chances in the draft.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 29, 2008, 09:09:37 PM

This is a deep draft for DB's ... unless they are willing to take a 4th or lower, I'd say pass, save the picks and take our chances in the draft.

Agreed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 29, 2008, 09:10:23 PM

IF it is true he is injury prone ala Brian Kelly it would be best the Bucs pass on him.  Drayton Florence may not be shutdown but I believe he can stay healthy and comes at a better price.

ryanleaf

Starter

#7 : February 29, 2008, 09:16:17 PM

Should just sign a corner instead of giving up picks and then having to re-negotiate a new deal wi...oh wait...

At least we got John Gilmore!

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 29, 2008, 09:23:58 PM

the reason they want to trade him is because he wants top 10 corner money....that along with his injury issues is why Samuel was signed..

Im all for Sheppard especially since we missed out on Samuel and now Florence...

Either that or sign Ty Law as our nickel

ryanleaf

Starter

#9 : February 29, 2008, 09:34:08 PM

Never said it was.  But, the guys we are planning visits with right now are mind-boggling.  Back-up LB's, no WR visits, back-up OT's, back-up DE's, apparently Drayton Florence left here with the intent on signing with Jacksonville. 

If I thought this was Madden I would be all for the trade.  But, like I said, I don't want to give up draft picks and then have to re-negotiate a new long-term contract, etc. 

If you think that one of our first priorities in FA was signing John Gilmore - then so be it.  But, I feel like Gilmore would have been there a week from now.  Especially since Gilmore was quoted as saying he didn't even expect to hear from ANY teams till at least this weekend.  Yet, he agrees to a contract over the phone without a visit - that reeks. 

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 29, 2008, 09:42:50 PM

Mike Jenkins...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 29, 2008, 09:45:48 PM

Marley, not sure Jenkins makes it past the Patriots or the Saints

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 29, 2008, 09:48:21 PM

Talib, Jenkins, DRC,  etc somebody will as it is deep at CB. ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 29, 2008, 10:30:30 PM

Sheppard would be an outstanding addition and would give us a lot of options on the defense as well as in the draft.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 29, 2008, 10:33:26 PM

As far as him wanting  anew contract unless he plans on sitting out until he is 30, dont see him getting any where with his demands seeing as he is signed through the 2011 season

Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles fielding trade offers for Sheppard « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools