Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theory on the Chad Johnson trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 01, 2008, 05:12:13 PM

The theory I have is that the Bucs are willing to give up the 20 pick in the draft for Johnson but want something other then just Johnson in return, something in the form of the Bengals 2 rounder as well. That might just be the sticking point as the Bengals are only willing to give there 3 rounder and Johnson for the 20 pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

While if Allen can pull off a trade with the Bengals for Johnson and receive the Bengals 2 round as well in the process.

The draft could play out like this.
1. Trade for Chad Johnson
2a. CB Antone Cason
2B. DT Trevor Laws
3. RB Ray Rice
4. QB Josh Johnson
5. WR Jerome Simpson

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 01, 2008, 05:14:03 PM

what CJ trade?  you speak of this like you heard something. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 01, 2008, 05:14:26 PM

I'd be shocked if the Bengals gave back any pick of any sort, and especially not a 2nd. I don't think they need to.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 01, 2008, 05:15:06 PM

LIke this very much..
Don't know much about Ray Rice.

also add Briggs-Crumpler and Randall Gay.. Then I will shut up...

Yeah we might not get the extra 2nd rounder..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 01, 2008, 05:16:53 PM

The theory I have is that the Bucs are willing to give up the 20 pick in the draft for Johnson but want something other then just Johnson in return, something in the form of the Bengals 2 rounder as well. That might just be the sticking point as the Bengals are only willing to give there 3 rounder and Johnson for the 20 pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

While if Allen can pull off a trade with the Bengals for Johnson and receive the Bengals 2 round as well in the process.

2a. CB Antone Cason
2B. DT Trevor Laws
3. RB Ray Rice
4. QB Josh Johnson
5. WR Jerome Simpson

that would be a beautiful draft. and perfect trade situation. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 01, 2008, 05:18:23 PM

The only part of that scenario I don't like is Laws in R2

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 01, 2008, 05:19:41 PM

2a. CB Antone Cason
2B. DT Trevor Laws
3. RB Ray Rice
4. QB Josh Johnson
5. WR Jerome Simpson

that would be a beautiful draft. and perfect trade situation.  maybe not a 2nd, but id take a 3rd n return.  Ray Rice is a great pick. something in me sees him being a great back in a 2 back situation.  but on the flipside, i have seen nothing in mcfadden. i have been reviewing his tape in college and see alot of things that wont transition into the NFL very well.  Ray Rice has it all, but the hype. McFadden has the Hype.
in the words of DTG or Hate... Hype is nothing. (see reggie bush)

tonilynn

Starter

#7 : March 01, 2008, 05:20:02 PM

I would love for this to happen but in reality the bengals would only be moving 20 spots up and be giving away chad johnson for almost nothing. I would like this to happen if they absolutly have to have our first round pick i would do it but i would rather trade a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. I would then draft Cromartie at CB or Stewart at HB and then our 2nd would be for Chad Johnson.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 01, 2008, 05:24:01 PM

yea are you just using your imagination or do you have something to believe that that is the reason we have not landed Chad Johnson yet...

Honestly, we should be happy to just land Chad Johnson for the 1st round pick.  Wanting a 2nd back is unrealistic in my opinion...

If anything maybe Chad Johnson and the Bengals 4th or 5th round pick for our 1st round pick...

FSUBucs

Starter
#9 : March 01, 2008, 05:24:41 PM

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles are shopping Lito Sheppard.

I would rather trade our 2nd for this guy, sign one of the many average FA WR's, and gamble on a WR in the 1st rd of the draft. Besides Moss, which is not going to happen, the rest of the FA WR's are average!!!

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#10 : March 01, 2008, 05:25:27 PM

yea are you just using your imagination or do you have something to believe that that is the reason we have not landed Chad Johnson yet...

Honestly, we should be happy to just land Chad Johnson for the 1st round pick. Wanting a 2nd back is unrealistic in my opinion...

If anything maybe Chad Johnson and the Bengals 4th or 5th round pick for our 1st round pick...
QFT.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 01, 2008, 05:27:46 PM

FSU BUcs......are you high?

I agree with wanting Lito Sheppard, but to rationalize not wanting Chad Johnson and taking a gamble on a WR in the first round, or sign a guy like Henderson/Hackett?

We'd probably have to trade our 1st round pick for Chad Johnson, and I'D DO THAT In a heart beat.  What WR is going to have the impact Chad will?  No draft pick, for that matter, will match Chads production and if he does, then It's simply a wash... but the odds are in our favor.

Heck, I'd even trade our 2nd for Lito.  Sure we wouldn't have any draft picks..but look at the Browns...They gave up their 2nd and 3rds and landed Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers....not a bad draft for them so far huh.

FSUBucs

Starter
#12 : March 01, 2008, 05:30:59 PM

FSU BUcs......are you high?

I agree with wanting Lito Sheppard, but to rationalize not wanting Chad Johnson and taking a gamble on a WR in the first round, or sign a guy like Henderson/Hackett?

We'd probably have to trade our 1st round pick for Chad Johnson, and I'D DO THAT In a heart beat.  What WR is going to have the impact Chad will?  No draft pick, for that matter, will match Chads production and if he does, then It's simply a wash... but the odds are in our favor.

Heck, I'd even trade our 2nd for Lito.  Sure we wouldn't have any draft picks..but look at the Browns...They gave up their 2nd and 3rds and landed Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers....not a bad draft for them so far huh.

I'm not say that trading for Chad Johnson wouldn't be great, but if you think we can get him just for the 20th pick your High!! No way does he get traded, too much of a cap hit for them.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 01, 2008, 05:31:20 PM

Lets just say a player like Moss was trade in his prime for a lot less, and TO was also traded for a lot less all have the same problem as Johnson they dont want to be there and can be disruptive at time weather it be in the locker room or the sidelines.

The Bengals have two other decent receivers in TJ, and Henry and needs loads of defensive help, even if Johnson is traded out of CIncy must fans will be shocked for what was given to the Bengals to get Johnson it is not going to be for as much as people think.

The first round lets there fans think they got a first round in return for Johnson. but really all they got was a chance to move up from the second round and had to give up Johnson and their second rounder to do it. Must teams trade up from the first round from the second round usually end up giving up a first rounder the following year plus the 2 rounder in that draft.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bryan12112

Starter

#14 : March 01, 2008, 05:31:27 PM

Do they really think they will get better value at the #20 pick than C. Johnson? If the Bengals are accepting (my theory is that they want more than just a #20 pick), just do it. People make such a big deal out of draft picks.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theory on the Chad Johnson trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools