Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what a joke « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wampuscatiam

Second String

: March 01, 2008, 10:17:20 PM

The Bucs have signed Jeff Faine, nice piece to the O-line.  And three Mickey Mouses.  You have got to be kidding me.  I have waisted the last two days of my life looking for some big news on the Bucs signing some GOOD FA's and Faine is all we have to show for.  What a joke.  I would like to think there was some truth to us trying to make a trade for Chad Johnson, but that would make to much sense.  If they would give us Johnson for a first that would be a steal.  But then for us to ask for their second also.  Huh?  What the heck.  So I really don't think we are trying to trade for him cause that just does not make any sense.  Any GM that would not give up a first, the 20th pick at that, for Chad Johnson, c'mon.  Just don't believe it. [banghead]

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 01, 2008, 10:20:36 PM

that was a rumor that the Bucs wouldn't trade for Chad Johnson.

I dont want to admit it, but the cap hit the Bengals would take would be too much for them to handle....I would trade all our picks for Johnson..and it wouldnt even take that..

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#2 : March 01, 2008, 10:22:22 PM

The Bucs have signed Jeff Faine, nice piece to the O-line. And three Mickey Mouses. You have got to be kidding me. I have waisted the last two days of my life looking for some big news on the Bucs signing some GOOD FA's and Faine is all we have to show for. What a joke. I would like to think there was some truth to us trying to make a trade for Chad Johnson, but that would make to much sense. If they would give us Johnson for a first that would be a steal. But then for us to ask for their second also. Huh? What the heck. So I really don't think we are trying to trade for him cause that just does not make any sense. Any GM that would not give up a first, the 20th pick at that, for Chad Johnson, c'mon. Just don't believe it. [banghead]
2 days buddy. The season doesn't start til September.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 01, 2008, 10:28:50 PM

I would trade all our picks for Johnson

Ditka?  Is that you, Mike?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 01, 2008, 10:30:25 PM

Did you really expect the team to race into FA and blow all the cash on the first weekend?  FA isn't over this weekend ... there are plenty of guys that can still offer plenty to this team.  There will be plenty of players still there once most teams have over-paid and their out of or nearly out of cash ... ALSO once these teams start releasing talented guys to make room for the 5-8 mil needed for their picks or to start their new pride and joys they drafted [out with the old-in with the new], there will be even more opportunities.  We've heard it before and it still applies - FA is more like a marathon not a sprint.

Once again, this team is using last years blueprint ... a blueprint that worked pretty good for us last year.  If we went into it blowing jack on guys like Deese, Stussie and Garner again most would be heading up to OBP for a riot ... can't have it both ways.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 01, 2008, 10:30:56 PM

biggs it was funny b/c i was thinking about that when i typed it...but I honestly would...

It would probably take a 1st and a 3rd to seal the deal

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 01, 2008, 10:32:53 PM

I hear ya, Bada...but how did that Ricky Williams thing work out for Ditka?  Losing all of those draft picks killed that team in the long run.

BuccaneerBonsai

Rookie

#7 : March 01, 2008, 10:39:39 PM

I would trade all our picks for Johnson..and it wouldnt even take that..

Man, I hope that's sarcasm.

Hit-55

Starter

#8 : March 01, 2008, 10:48:46 PM

Yeah, no need to worry we're just playing hard to get...

Fire the cannons!!!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 01, 2008, 10:52:57 PM

buccaneer bonsai.....

No it wasn't...

You figure the first 4 picks are the only ones of quality.  It wouldnt take that, it would probably take a 1st and a 3rd which I'd do in a heartbeat.....but I would really think about trading our first 4 picks for CJ...I definetly wouldn't hang up on them and say no way....

But no, let's keep our draft picks and draft a bum at WR, a "chris simms" type QB, and then we could sign a DJ Hackett...yeah much better lol

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 01, 2008, 10:57:53 PM

Last year, free agency started on March 3.

Luke Petitgout wasn't signed until March 6.

Cato June wasn't signed until March 17.

Jerramy Stevens wasn't signed until April 29.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : March 01, 2008, 11:10:57 PM

Not to mention we didnt sign Keenan McCardell until June I believe the year we got him and Ian Gold was signed the day before the draft..  these were arguably the best FA pick-ups in the respective years we signed them..

wampuscatiam

Second String

#12 : March 01, 2008, 11:35:05 PM

Go get Chad Johnson already.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 01, 2008, 11:36:26 PM

Go get Chad Johnson already.

Is he available?

wampuscatiam

Second String

#14 : March 02, 2008, 02:18:11 AM

I don't know if he is available or not?  But those are the rumors.  But I guess we will just sit back while all of the descent FA's are signed and we will just wait until the teams start cutting their salary cap casualty's and their players that just didn't make the team and we will swoop in like usual and have a bunch of second tier players like always.  We have 44 million to go and get some play makers "Briggs, Turner" those kind of players and what do we go and get?  A bunch of dang Minnie Mouses.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what a joke « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools