Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 01, 2006, 02:59:02 PM

I remember when the Bucs picked you in the 3rd round out of Texas. You were upset that teams didn't take you earlier, I'm sure that was tough to go through. You wanted to prove those teams wrong and had the chance in NO during the 2004 season. What a first series! You looked quick and threw a few nice balls to Clayton and I couldn't wait for you to go through the season. Of course you then got injured and the season was lost. The last game in Arizona you played wasn't your fault, it was a bad o-line and you were rusty. I understand.

Unfortunately Griese played well enough to start the 2005 season leading the team to a great start and then your time came against the Dolphins. I thought you played well in that game and lead the team to some thrilling wins over the next 8 games. It was the big-time for you, although you were riding a great defense it seemed you were a bright and up-coming young QB. The playoff game was one of the most ridiculous games I've ever seen, and that was the downfall for you. That was the game your true talents of getting balls batted at the line and throwing awful int's came to form, the blueprint was laid.

"He's having a great camp", "he's going to have a break-out year" were things we heard all off-season and TC. You had 4 years to learn and grasp this system, 4 years to understand the speed of the NFL, 4 years to at least be half of Tony Romo, but you didn't pull it off. You proceeded to lay the biggest turd in the history of the NFL. Sure, you've got a strong arm but that only leads to flat rockets that get batted back before it even reaches the LB's. 4 years we waited for you to have "your turn" and you blew it. Now we have a rookie 6th round QB out of Toledo producing better results than what you did in your 4th year. You showed your true talent.

I'm asking you to test the FA market Chris, get all the money you can and leave Tampa. You're not wanted on this team anymore to get the hopes up to only lay eggs all season long. We as Buc fans don't want a QB to need 4 games to get warmed up to being mediocre so please, go.

Sincerely, Keeponbucn

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 01, 2006, 03:21:12 PM

you are rediculous...i hope he comes back just to spite you...the man still only has what...19 nfl starts?? and they all were not consecutive either...

BucsAddict

Starter

#2 : December 01, 2006, 03:27:05 PM

LOL I suspect Simms pissed in Keeponbucns cheerios at some point.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

marlevr

Second String
#3 : December 01, 2006, 03:31:41 PM

those are some wise words keep!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 01, 2006, 03:32:58 PM

I remember...  *blah-blah-blah*

Sincerely, Keeponbucn

::)

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : December 01, 2006, 03:38:38 PM

LOL I suspect Simms pissed in Keeponbucns cheerios at some point.

...in the morning after he slept with keepon's wife.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 01, 2006, 03:41:35 PM

I want the best for our team, whatever that is (and currently, I'm pretty unsure of WHAT that is at QB). So if Chris stays or goes, I'm happy if either of those things are in the best interest of the team. Having him back is probably better at this point, even as a highly paid backup, unless the Bucs are able to make a deal with/for a real good veteran QB (not sure who that might be). If so, then Grads would be a less expensive, capable backup.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#7 : December 01, 2006, 03:46:45 PM

I remember when the Bucs picked you in the 3rd round out of Texas. You were upset that teams didn't take you earlier, I'm sure that was tough to go through. You wanted to prove those teams wrong and had the chance in NO during the 2004 season. What a first series! You looked quick and threw a few nice balls to Clayton and I couldn't wait for you to go through the season. Of course you then got injured and the season was lost. The last game in Arizona you played wasn't your fault, it was a bad o-line and you were rusty. I understand.

Unfortunately Griese played well enough to start the 2005 season leading the team to a great start and then your time came against the Dolphins. I thought you played well in that game and lead the team to some thrilling wins over the next 8 games. It was the big-time for you, although you were riding a great defense it seemed you were a bright and up-coming young QB. The playoff game was one of the most ridiculous games I've ever seen, and that was the downfall for you. That was the game your true talents of getting balls batted at the line and throwing awful int's came to form, the blueprint was laid.

"He's having a great camp", "he's going to have a break-out year" were things we heard all off-season and TC. You had 4 years to learn and grasp this system, 4 years to understand the speed of the NFL, 4 years to at least be half of Tony Romo, but you didn't pull it off. You proceeded to lay the biggest turd in the history of the NFL. Sure, you've got a strong arm but that only leads to flat rockets that get batted back before it even reaches the LB's. 4 years we waited for you to have "your turn" and you blew it. Now we have a rookie 6th round QB out of Toledo producing better results than what you did in your 4th year. You showed your true talent.

I'm asking you to test the FA market Chris, get all the money you can and leave Tampa. You're not wanted on this team anymore to get the hopes up to only lay eggs all season long. We as Buc fans don't want a QB to need 4 games to get warmed up to being mediocre so please, go.

Sincerely, Keeponbucn

Preach on brother

As to the haters - for every Simms hater, there are 3 guys who hate Gradkowskis for honestly no good reason other than he's the starting QB and isn't Peyton Manning.

#8 : December 01, 2006, 03:53:54 PM

I just don't think that we know enough about either of these guys, yet.  I do feel that Grads is more raw, but Chris isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, either.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 01, 2006, 04:23:09 PM

And I thought Simms just kicked Keepon's dog. Well anyways, Simms, it was fun when you led the team to the playoffs last season and that first Washington game was a great memory, but everyone moves on. Wish you welland hope you cash in on as much money as you can while you still can.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 01, 2006, 05:36:57 PM

WOW......tell us how you really feel Keepon.  :o

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 01, 2006, 05:43:47 PM

Karen is gonna have a coronary!!!!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 01, 2006, 05:51:15 PM

Karen is gonna have a coronary!!!!!!

Well at least some good will come from this thread.   :P

j/k  Karen  :-*

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 01, 2006, 06:41:13 PM

gay

#14 : December 01, 2006, 07:32:40 PM

Wow, hate much? Chris Simms will be back next year, live with it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dear Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools