Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense or Offense « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 02, 2008, 06:48:06 PM

Since the birth of this franchise this team has always been noted for its defense. The team is built on defense and will continue to be centered around the defense. Why some want to see a high scoring offense, even with Gruden here does not mean that is what is going to happen it hasnt happened yet so why keep setting yourself up for such a huge let down?

It is easier to build a stout defense then it is to find the right pieces for a high octane offense.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2008, 06:50:08 PM

Hey, I'm all in favor of a power-running 4 yards and a cloud of dust offense coupled with a smothering defense.  For that to happen, we need to make some upgrades on the DL.

#2 : March 02, 2008, 06:50:41 PM

Nonsense!!

If the Glazers felt that way, they wouldn't have vetoed Marvin Lewis. Gruden was brought here to build an offense. 6 yrs later, we're still waiting.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 02, 2008, 06:52:22 PM

Marvin Lewis' defense is worse than Jon Gruden's offense....so....what does Marvin Lewis have to do with anything, Hate?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 02, 2008, 06:53:26 PM

That is my point, nothing has changed so why expect it to change this off-season, would rather see a ball swarming, sure tackling defense and W's in the win column then over paying for below averge offensive talent on the open market

#5 : March 02, 2008, 06:57:46 PM

Marvin Lewis' defense is worse than Jon Gruden's offense....so....what does Marvin Lewis have to do with anything, Hate?

No doubt, his defense sux but when he got the job, he was billed as a defensive guru just as Gruden was billed as an offensive guru. My point is that Gruden was brought here to build an "O".

That is my point, nothing has changed so why expect it to change this off-season, would rather see a ball swarming, sure tackling defense and W's in the win column then over paying for below averge offensive talent on the open market

We don't have the D to win games 13-10 anymore.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2008, 06:59:57 PM

Why we dont at this point if some of these young players develop the team could ad a few more pieces here and there and get around 20 points a game by hook or crook out of the offense and the defense will be able to keep the team in most games or be able to make a stop here and there tp give the team a chance at returning to the playoffs in 2008

#7 : March 02, 2008, 07:40:10 PM

Who's picking these young players that haven't developed?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 02, 2008, 10:38:26 PM

Who's picking these young players that haven't developed?

RICH MCKAY!!!!!!!

agikeoahgeiaoibe

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 03, 2008, 07:18:10 AM

I wish we had a Mularkey/Wisenhunt-esque Pittsburgh offense with a power running game, bruising line, big armed quarterback, and fast receivers to get open downfield.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2008, 09:07:17 AM

I wish we win, however it gets done.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2008, 10:26:55 AM

I wish we had a Mularkey/Wisenhunt-esque Pittsburgh offense with a power running game, bruising line, big armed quarterback, and fast receivers to get open downfield.

I think with this young o-line, Gruden might be convinced to run right at teams a bit more.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense or Offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools