Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs get a WR or wait for Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

goobtube

Starter

: March 02, 2008, 07:27:43 PM

Does anyone think we will go after a big time WR like J. Walker, C. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, A. Boldin or R. Moss?
Will we settle for 2nd Tier's like Hackett and B. Johnson or just draft a WR and hope we picked the right one??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2008, 07:29:02 PM

Second round draft pick, the BUcs select, Wide Receiver....from the University of...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2008, 07:29:18 PM

I would be surprised if a big name guy came to Tampa.

Maybe...maybe...a second tier guy like Hackett but otherwise it will probably be round two or later of the draft

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2008, 07:29:47 PM

Neither, the Bucs are content with the receiving corps as is.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 02, 2008, 07:30:38 PM

That ^^^^^^^^ would be very surprising. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

goobtube

Starter

#5 : March 02, 2008, 07:31:35 PM

would be surprised if a big name guy came to Tampa.

Maybe...maybe...a second tier guy like Hackett but otherwise it will probably be round two or later of the draft

That would not help our WR core out for next year though. I wish we would just take a shot at one of these guys.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2008, 07:31:48 PM

It is a possibility.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2008, 07:32:08 PM

I'm afraid of whoever the decision makers would draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 02, 2008, 07:33:12 PM

Neither, the Bucs are content with the receiving corps as is.
With that said, I will proceed to laugh my arse off.

They may indeed, but they need to up their meds.  Or actually take the blindfolds off when watching the WRs do their thing.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 02, 2008, 07:33:23 PM

That would not help our WR core out for next year though. I wish we would just take a shot at one of these guys.

It's hard to know what kind of an impact you will get out of a rookie WR.

Sidney Rice and James Jones made some big plays this year and while the packers are on my mind Greg Jennings was solid his rookie year as well

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 02, 2008, 07:33:50 PM

It is a possibility.

Anything is possible - maybe I Tivo'ed the wrong games.... 16 times

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 02, 2008, 07:34:47 PM

In fact, they're going to cut the roster down to just two WR's, Clayton and Galloway.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 02, 2008, 07:35:16 PM

In fact, they're going to cut the roster down to just two WR's, Clayton and Galloway.
Gotcha.

goobtube

Starter

#13 : March 02, 2008, 07:36:22 PM

I guess it will be 52 yr old Galloway and 47 year old Hilliard again next year. Get these guys some HGH

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 02, 2008, 07:36:37 PM

When they had there chances last season most of the receivers on this team shinned weather it was on special teams or a limited role on offense other then needing to add a receiver with speed that can double as a return. It is clear them team is thinking that not much needs to change or not many players on the open market can help with what direction they are heading.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs get a WR or wait for Draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools