Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs get a WR or wait for Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 02, 2008, 07:37:13 PM

I guess it will be 52 yr old Galloway and 47 year old Hilliard again next year. Get these guys some HGH

And Paris Warren, Clayton, and Stovall......but thats just a silly detail that doesnt prove your point

bryan12112

Starter

#16 : March 02, 2008, 07:37:36 PM

Yep, more of Galloway and Hilliard.

Receiving CORPSE is more like it, amirite!?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2008, 07:39:25 PM

Gruden's ego is so large that he's designed an offense in which the QB throws the ball to himself, therefore WR's are rarely needed. But the rub is it all hinges on having the highest paid OC in the league, otherwise the offense just won't work.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2008, 07:41:18 PM

DTG... all sarcasm aside, is Gruden and the rest of staff really comfortable with the receiver situation?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2008, 07:42:21 PM

DTG... all sarcasm aside, is Gruden and the rest of staff really comfortable with the receiver situation?

To be honest I hope not...but sadly I can see how they might actually be

goobtube

Starter

#20 : March 02, 2008, 11:26:47 PM

Johnson or Hackett....thats all that's left

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 02, 2008, 11:49:45 PM

I think the Bucs are forced now to look at a WR in rounds 1 or 2. They still have some major holes including WR, DT, DE, CB, and RB. Honestly, unless something shocking happens (trade or someone else is cut), I don't see the Bucs getting any of these positions filled with anyone significant.  The signing of Dunn might fill our need at RB but I'd rather go with someone young. The sad part is that this draft is so deep at RB that I'd hate to see us sign an older RB to be our #3 RB. But, that's probably what's going to have to happen because the Bucs are going to have to draft some of these positions. I also thing Gruden wants a young QB. So if QB and WR are going to be 2 of your first 3 picks most likely, that doesn't leave many picks left. I think the Bucs will pick WR, QB, and then go either D-line/CB in round 3 or they will go CB, WR, QB, D-line...unless they don't sign another RB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

goobtube

Starter

#22 : March 02, 2008, 11:57:50 PM

I think the Bucs are forced now to look at a WR in rounds 1 or 2. They still have some major holes including WR, DT, DE, CB, and RB. Honestly, unless something shocking happens (trade or someone else is cut), I don't see the Bucs getting any of these positions filled with anyone significant.  The signing of Dunn might fill our need at RB but I'd rather go with someone young. The sad part is that this draft is so deep at RB that I'd hate to see us sign an older RB to be our #3 RB. But, that's probably what's going to have to happen because the Bucs are going to have to draft some of these positions. I also thing Gruden wants a young QB. So if QB and WR are going to be 2 of your first 3 picks most likely, that doesn't leave many picks left. I think the Bucs will pick WR, QB, and then go either D-line/CB in round 3 or they will go CB, WR, QB, D-line...unless they don't sign another RB

I don't think we need to get a RB of the future this year. Graham is fairly young and did a good job filling in last year. I would like to but I think other positions are more pressing. I do think we need a CB bad and should be able to get one with pick #20. WR is a huge need and yes we can address it in the draft but WR are such a crap shoot and usually don't contribute much right away. I thought McCown looked good when he played last year. I think he may be able to step in when Garcia departs and do a good job. We could always get a QB next year in FA because we all know Gruden likes a Veteran.

goobtube

Starter

#23 : March 03, 2008, 12:03:34 AM

I agree and we will probably have to trade because the WR list is getting shorter and shorter and the Bucs have ZERO scheduled visits with any of them.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 03, 2008, 12:45:44 AM

Anyone content with our recieving corp from last year heading into this year is either stupid, or they don't have a problem with seeing us 9-7, 8-8, or even worse this coming season.  :-

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 03, 2008, 12:48:02 AM

Anyone content with our recieving corp from last year heading into this year is either stupid, or they don't have a problem with seeing us 9-7, 8-8, or even worse this coming season. :-
Got to agree with that sentiment.

Clayton is a dud, Stovall is meh.  Paris is coming off a SEVERE injury, and is a complete enigma.  Ike is a catch and get dropped guy.  Galloway is all they have, and when he gets nullified, the offense looks like absolute garbage.

goobtube

Starter

#26 : March 03, 2008, 02:50:25 AM

EXACTLY
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs get a WR or wait for Draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools