Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking at the Offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 02, 2006, 01:24:50 PM

Hey its Bornabuc. Hows that 6th rd QB that wont make camp doing?

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 02, 2006, 01:28:50 PM

Gradkowski is doing a pretty good job as a rookie, but there's no reason to think he's the QB of the future. His armstrength is non existent. His scrambling ability and leadership skills are great, but I just don't see him being a QB that can lead us back for a victory like Simms does. Our defense cost us most of the games where Simms had us in a position to win this year.

*****Kenyatta Walker has absolutely zero/none trade value!!!*********Not one team looked at him in free agency besides Atlanta/McKay and they didn't even offer him a contract. Now he's coming off an injury. Zero...

I think we can get a good trade for Rice and maybe gain an UT but I'm not sure who's available. For next year we might want to bring back Sapp and let him train a draft pick. Not saying we should, but it's a thought if nothing else comes available.

Michael Clayton
Receiving
Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st
2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11 8 29 299 10.3 27 1 1 0 18

Santonio Holmes
Year Team G   Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD   KR Yds Avg Long TD   PR Yds Avg Long TD   Fum FumL  
 2006 Pittsburgh 11   32 486 44.2 15.2 50 5.7 26 1   16 390 24.4 42 0   17 137 8.1 24 0   0 0  

Chad Jackson
 Receiving
Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st
2006 New England Patriots 9 1 10 131 13.1 35 3 3 0 5

Gotta have better production out of Clayton. He's just not getting it done. We didn't have Galloway and Clayton was killing it with not so good receivers around him. Why is he doing so poorly now? Gotta upgrade our recieving core. If Ike Hilliard is really our go to guy then we are in serious trouble, obviously.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 02, 2006, 01:47:33 PM

Not looking good at all.
Bruce Gradkowski
Passing
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10 8 259 139 53.7 1328 5.13 53 9 6 17/98 12 3 70.1

PASSING
Name GP ATT CMP PCT YDS YPA TD INT SKD SKY RAT
Shaun King 6 146 89 61.0 875 5.99 7 4 11 78 82.4

#18 : December 02, 2006, 01:49:59 PM

Not looking good at all.
Bruce Gradkowski
Passing
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10 8 259 139 53.7 1328 5.13 53 9 6 17/98 12 3 70.1

PASSING
Name GP ATT CMP PCT YDS YPA TD INT SKD SKY RAT
Shaun King 6 146 89 61.0 875 5.99 7 4 11 78 82.4

Is that why you said he is doing a pretty good job.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 02, 2006, 01:56:37 PM

Pretty good for a rookie, but I was just being polite.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 02, 2006, 01:57:30 PM

Gradkowski is doing a pretty good job as a rookie, but there's no reason to think he's the QB of the future. His armstrength is non existent.

His arm strength isn't an issue but accuracy on deep balls is.  Grads actually has more arm strength than many fairly successful NFL QBs, Brad Johnson and Brian Griese to name two.  The people that saw him at TC weren't worried about the arm strength but in live games he is struggling for sure.

#21 : December 02, 2006, 02:09:55 PM

We actually resigned Kenyatta Walker instead of going after a better protector for our QB and look what happened.

We ended up not spending money that we didn't have? This isn't a fantasy league, slappy.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 02, 2006, 02:44:40 PM

Yeah, we just spent money for a crap player that didn't even play one game this year. Great.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 02, 2006, 03:44:10 PM

It appears now that I was righter then I wanted to be about last offseason sucking.

I disagree.

Yeah, and Alstott came back for another year because he wanted to rebuild? This team and the fans had a playoff team last year that looked to put together a run at the Super Bowl by adding a couple of key pieces. We didn't add jack. We actually resigned Kenyatta Walker instead of going after a better protector for our QB and look what happened. Simms done for the year. OL was our biggest weakness but instead of upgrading with quality free agents who could start right away and actually produce we did nothing until draft day. That's what a team in rebuild mode does, not a team looking to advance in the playoffs. Our offseason was terrible, and it's showing now in the results on the field. I would have much rather have let Kenyatta walk and resigned Dexter Jackson.
We had a bad team last year as well, but some people couldn't recognize that. Thet only know how to judge football teams based on records.

If you think this team had a shot at the SB if we added "a few key pieces" then you are clueless. That is unless a "few key pieces" meant 2-3 STUD FA olineman, a solid WR, a veteran QB, a stud at safety, and a sick pass rusher. Did I miss anything?

Why do you think that the Vegas books had us at over/under 8 wins? They recognized that this team was most likely NOT a playoff team.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 02, 2006, 04:04:16 PM

I don't agree with much BornaBuc has to say but I also think Shaun King played better than Gradsuckski.  What has this kid done to make any of you think he is the QB of the future?  The underthrown balls, the locking in on Joey and not looking to others, what?  I watched him play at Toledo and he just does not have "it".  Everybody rips on Clayton here yet how can the guy put up numbers when his number isn't even called?  As I have said before Alex and Michael have been open numerous times while Suckski is only looking for Galloway.  This season is a waste and so is Bruce so when he is back as third string next year all of you on his jock will not be talking about him.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 02, 2006, 04:19:47 PM

I don't agree with much BornaBuc has to say but I also think Shaun King played better than Gradsuckski. What has this kid done to make any of you think he is the QB of the future? The underthrown balls, the locking in on Joey and not looking to others, what? I watched him play at Toledo and he just does not have "it". Everybody rips on Clayton here yet how can the guy put up numbers when his number isn't even called? As I have said before Alex and Michael have been open numerous times while Suckski is only looking for Galloway. This season is a waste and so is Bruce so when he is back as third string next year all of you on his jock will not be talking about him.
Great evaluation of a ROOKIE QB.
How were Clayton's numers last year?? How were his number in the beginning of this year (pre Grads)??
Grads hasn't made CRUCIAL turnovers, and lost games. These are flaws that usually go hand in hand with rookie QBs.
Again, I'm not saying that he's a lock to lead this team to prominance for the next decade, but he hasn't been bad enough to warrant us calling him "Suckski" (did you come up with that on your own?) or any other UNFUNNY derogatory nicknames.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#26 : December 02, 2006, 04:39:01 PM

I don't agree with much BornaBuc has to say but I also think Shaun King played better than Gradsuckski. What has this kid done to make any of you think he is the QB of the future? The underthrown balls, the locking in on Joey and not looking to others, what? I watched him play at Toledo and he just does not have "it". Everybody rips on Clayton here yet how can the guy put up numbers when his number isn't even called? As I have said before Alex and Michael have been open numerous times while Suckski is only looking for Galloway. This season is a waste and so is Bruce so when he is back as third string next year all of you on his jock will not be talking about him.

Ok, there's a reason he doesn't look to Clayton.  Listen, I like M-80 and all, but if he wants more catches, and more looks, than maybe he should catch more passes.  I have seen him drop, and not make an effort on way too many passes this season.  He has dropped some easy first downs, and he has dropped some 3rd down conversions.  That's why Grads looks to Joey.  He can't trust Clayton.  On that note, I would love to see Stovall in this passing game.

As far as the offseason goes, it was very underwhelming.  Hopefully, this year there's a lot more to talk about.  And alot more to be excited about.  I would like to see Michael Lewis at the Safety position next year.  He will be a free agent and he could be a good replacement for Jermaine Phillips.  Another interesting guy is Justin Smith.  He sacked Grads I believe.  Obviously, Lance Briggs, Cato June, and Nate Clements are the bigger name guys everyone wants to talk about, but I thought I would bring up some guys that are flying under the radar a little bit.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 02, 2006, 05:14:31 PM

Maybe you should read some of the other posts as this whole thing that Michael is the ONLY player that drops balls is flat out BS as his percentage is even LOWER than Galloways so what does that prove?  Fact of the matter is this if you are going to judge Clayton as a bust look at who is throwing him the ball as last time I checked Bruce and Chris are nothing to even get excited about.  Simms has always been a overy-hyped even when he played at Texas and Bruce is flat out a career back-up good for a game or two a year.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 02, 2006, 05:22:01 PM

I haven't been on here all season long because this season's been pathetic. I can barely watch these games with the decisions that are being made and have been made to put us where we are now. If you'll remember, I was seriously pissed about losing at home to Washington in the playoff game and called for some upgrades, while others said just signing back our free agents made our offseason "one of the best in the league". Made me want to puke. Now I didn't think we were that far away from a run. I did know that we needed to get some key pieces in here. Keeping Dexter Jackson would have been a really good idea as well. Another good CB in free agency would have been nice. There were plenty of good receivers available and we looked only at one known former commodity in David Boston. We needed bigtime help on the right side of our O-line and we got NONE. If we had just looked at a good/above average rt tackle we could have solidified that side. We never looked at anything other than our own players and as usual, only guys willing to sign for league minimum and minimum signing bonus. Just like every year under Gruden. We lost two top receivers by being cheap asses that could easily be helping us right now. We let go one of the most dominant safeties in years who was willing to take a paycut because we were so high, for reasons unknown, on Phillips. We let go of our dominant pass rushing DT because we thought a recently traded DT was the future. These are all moves that now look like they were key judgement errors by our coaching staff and front office. Nobody wants to step up and admit it. We still don't have an offensive coordinator yet our offense can't break the top 20. This is all mindboggling to me seeing as most of our picks have been spent on offense and we've completely focused on offense for five years now. Five years and we haven't broken the top 20. Now our defense is started to slide and our offense still can't produce. It appears like we're in really big trouble for the next SEVERAL years. What do you say we do about it now?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 02, 2006, 05:37:35 PM

We got no help for the right side of the O-line?  OK whatever Bornabuc. Now this is the reason people don't like you.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking at the Offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools