Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick Trade is Possible after June 1 - PFT.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 01, 2006, 01:20:04 AM

Is it true Vick is going to be the celebrity spokesman for Valtrex?

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#16 : December 01, 2006, 01:56:40 AM

BTownBucFan- If you have something personal against Vick, Fine , but don't criticize his ability as a player, he's great and what he does as a QB constantly forces Defensive coordinators to change their game plan.

Great? Whoa with that talk. Great is Brady. Great might even be regular season Peyton Manning. Great ain't Vick. Vick makes 1 or 2 good plays a game when he gets loose but other than that he's a slow poison on his team because unless he makes a HUGE play he's not making a positive play and leaves them in bad situations.

so WRs dropping passes are his fault as well? riiiight.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#17 : December 01, 2006, 02:28:07 AM

not buying into anything Arthur says, I'm basing this on what I've seen. Vick is a great QB, but I wouldn't compare him to Brady or Peyton's standards.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 01, 2006, 08:21:32 AM

As long as McKay is GM there is NO chance Gruden will coach there. Also, Gruden/Allen have their first REAL opportunity to acquire quality FAs in the coming offseason. He's not going anywhere.

Vick has skills but he is a team cancer. There is no we in Vick.

Orangegone1

Starter

#19 : December 01, 2006, 07:14:42 PM

not buying into anything Arthur says, I'm basing this on what I've seen. Vick is a great QB, but I wouldn't compare him to Brady or Peyton's standards.

Vick is a great runner, not a great QB.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 01, 2006, 08:42:07 PM

As long as McKay is GM there is NO chance Gruden will coach there. Also, Gruden/Allen have their first REAL opportunity to acquire quality FAs in the coming offseason. He's not going anywhere.

Vick has skills but he is a team cancer. There is no we in Vick.
McKay isn't safe there.  people are starting to realize he's not very good at what he does.  Has no ability to bargain.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 01, 2006, 08:59:57 PM

*snicker*

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 01, 2006, 09:46:35 PM

BTownBucFan- If you have something personal against Vick, Fine , but don't criticize his ability as a player, he's great and what he does as a QB constantly forces Defensive coordinators to change their game plan.

oh my LOL ... um, I'll criticize him all I want cause its my fricken opinion he sucks as a starting QB!  And off the field he's been linked to drug dealers, thugs and who could forget the whole Ron Mexico thing.  You can disagree, its ok, but don't tell me what I can or can't criticize.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 01, 2006, 10:13:16 PM

*snicker*

PFT nicknamed him "The Birdman of Valcatrex"

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 02, 2006, 01:08:49 PM

Vick is Blanks love child and Mora is his red haired step child. Who do you think will be gone? It will be interesting to see who McKay brings in as his next yes man as coach. It will also be interesting to see if Blank plays a bigger role in the hiring and pisses McKay off like what happened in Tampa. I bet they bring in Tedford from Cal, he is known for being a QB guru.
This is an example of what I don't want to see happen with the Bucs.  If a GM is on the hot seat any coach he brings in is also on the hotseat.  The coach is stuck with players he doesn't want.  The GM is stuck with a lame duck coach. The scouting department doesn't know who they are scouting for. The owner has to choose between the GM, the coach and the QB or A and C or A and B or none of the above.   

But if its none of the above then you are really in trouble because if you start from scratch you are talking about a long road. 

Now Bucs fans want to turn the Bucs into Flowery Branch South.  Fire Gruden but keep Allen or fire Allen and keep Kiffin no fire them all but keep the players no .... AFLAC!  The Bucs have an organization that is trying to work together from top to bottom, from the GM to the scouting department on down to the punter.  We have to let them try to finish what they started.

The other option is to turn into a flavor of the day type of operation like the Falcons where you try to fix one piece here and one piece there instead of treating it as one package.   Exhibit A:  Atlanta Falcons.  I don't think the Glazers take that approach, but the fans seem to want to do that.

What these Karen types don't get is that the problem with having a well oiled machine in the NFL is that the NFL is not a machine with replacable parts. In a machine you can just buy a new part and stick it in for the old part and it runs better than ever.  It doesn't work that way in the NFL, because you have people involved.  The NFL is a different ballgame from baseball or basketball.  Its more of a team game and its more important to have everybody on the same page than to keep plugging in a new guy who is the flavor of the month. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 02, 2006, 01:41:47 PM

just as long as no one starts a thread saying we should go after Vick...

I'd gag, followed closely by throwing up if Vick was a BUC!

Guys I can't root for, even if they were bucs:

Vick
Randy Moss
T.O.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 03, 2006, 12:52:08 PM

The problem ATL has is if they are going to try and trade Vick, who wants him? If he's good enough to justify his salary then you wouldn't be trading him. If he's not, why am I the sucker that wants to ovepray for him.

Like the article says, all my comments are null and void with the Faders are involved.

I'd take him if the numbers were right.  Hate him as you might, the guy's a gamer.  He's shown an ability to be both a run a passing threat.  His problem is he has no real coach to help him develop.  Under Dan Reeves, he was a much more prolific passer than under the Zone Read happy Mora Jr.  With a good HC and solid QB coach, this guy could be great.  And any team that gets him gets him at a scratch and dent price.  That fares well for cap strapped teams like the Bucs...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick Trade is Possible after June 1 - PFT.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools