Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have traded for Brian Griese « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

rowdie

Hall of Famer

: March 03, 2008, 03:51:23 PM

It's another insurance policy for the QB position. Why is anyone surprised? We're not asking him to start or be the QB of the future. And he'd still have to beat out McCown for the backup role.

If he can't make it to the #2 spot I don't get why they'd keep him.  Unless the four qb thing is here to stay.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

goobtube

Starter

#1 : March 03, 2008, 03:46:16 PM

I like the move. Drafting QB and WR are hti or miss. This guy could step in for Garcia and we would not lose much.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2008, 03:39:24 PM

You're struggling to find anything positive from this move. It's a joke and to give up any draft pick for a horrid QB is insane

Uh, no I'm not struggling. I like this move. Like it. Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't.

FSUBucs

Starter
#3 : March 03, 2008, 03:38:05 PM

Wow what a great move????!!! Is this all were getting today?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2008, 03:37:44 PM

maybe now we could have a back-up that could win games for us when Garcia is injured or resting on the bench....

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 03, 2008, 03:35:14 PM

At least we didn't overpay. He's scheduled to make less than Simms.

You're struggling to find anything positive from this move. It's a joke and to give up any draft pick for a horrid QB is insane

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 03, 2008, 03:42:14 PM

I think this means you can take Flaco off the mock draft.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 03, 2008, 03:41:53 PM

It is kind of funny, when one says one thing and does the exact opposite of that, I question the move because it makes no real sense other then adding more depth to an overly crowded qb position. I just dont see a true direction this off-season by the front office at this point. It is getting harder and harder to keep trying to look at what little positives  this regime has done since winning a superbowl in 2002.

It is like they a grasping at straws at this point.

I just dont see a future with any of these moves thus far this off-season other then the Jeff Faine signing, It is like we are going backwards rather then moving forward.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 03, 2008, 03:39:45 PM

It's another insurance policy for the QB position. Why is anyone surprised? We're not asking him to start or be the QB of the future. And he'd still have to beat out McCown for the backup role.

We don't need more insurance.  We have a starter and a backup.  The 3rd spot should be for a future starter to groom.

At this point they should just trade McCown, too, as there is no way he will sniff playtime now.

I think there will be a legitimate competition for number 2.   I can see The Bucs will go in to training camp with Garcia, Griese, McCown, Simms, and Gradkowski.  It's The Gruden usual.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 03, 2008, 02:54:18 PM

More details when I have them.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2008, 02:54:33 PM

Are you kidding me?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2008, 02:55:16 PM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=263

Brian Griese-QB- Bears Mar. 3 - 8:47 am et

The Bears are expected to release Brian Griese on Monday.

Chicago has been unsuccessful in its attempts to trade him. Griese's $300,000 roster bonus is due Tuesday and the team is not willing to pay it. The Bucs are the only team believed to have interest in the 33-year-old.
Source: Chicago Sun Times
Related: Buccaneers

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2008, 02:55:51 PM

what idiots...the man would have been released if we waited another day.  Plus, nobody else would have been interested in this bum.

Atleast its news and it could be no more then a 6th unless we completely lost our minds

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 03, 2008, 02:56:07 PM

Are you kidding me?

Nope, that's what I am told.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 03, 2008, 02:57:05 PM

he left out the part that Tommie Harris is included in the deal as well.....HOLLA
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have traded for Brian Griese « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools