Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to fairweather fans...FIND A NEW TEAM « previous next »
Page: 1

shall555

Starter

« : December 02, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »

I'm really getting sick and tired of the Duemig parrots and fairweather fans that seem to permeate all of the Buccaneers message boards, all are on a crusade to fire Gruden. Firing a coach won't change anything but give us another losing season next year. With Gruden, we at least, have a chance to have a surprising 2007, like 2005. With a new coach, you can throw that out the window, possibly for the next half decade. All because of some impatient, fairweather fans that don't have the thick skin that the true Bucs fans have developed over the years of losing. Fairweather fans whose voices seem to get louder each year. It's sad to say, but the Bucs fans have turned into fans, spoiled rotten by success, the way the 49ers fans were, after all those years of winning. The 49ers fans went from blue collar fans to a wine and cheese type crowd. Sound familiar, Tampa? The wine and cheesers were the only ones who could afford to pay for season tickets, so they pushed out the true fans, which created a whole different cheering dynamic. They wouldn't cheer unless a play went over 20 yards.  They would boo, even when the team was winning. They’d leave in the 3rd quarter, even when the game was tight. The opposing crowd, even in much smaller numbers, made more noise than the home fans. The wine and cheesers’ impatience and intolerance for losing, was sickening. Tampa's stadium seems to be filled with these type of fans. They are the "parasite" fan. The kind of fan that latches onto any and every team that is a “winner”. The definition of a bandwagoner. Once they squeeze all they can out of a winner, they piss and moan unmercifully to have the coach fired, and move onto another "winner" to repeat the cycle all over again. All that's left is a team in shambles with a lousy coach and roster upheaval every 3 years, and the only ones to stick through the dark times are the true fans.

For all you fans that claim to be 0-26ers or were around for the bad ole days of double digit losses, and are calling for Gruden's head, need to take a look in the mirror. You've turned into a wine and cheeser...

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 02, 2006, 03:57:01 PM »

Maybe you should read some of the other threads before you post yet another similar thread - THAT is what is getting old

BucsAddict

Starter

« #2 : December 02, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »

wow FINALLY someone stands up and tells us how he feels!
Thankfully this has never been discussed before in oh say a 12 page thread

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 02, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »

Who's this Duemig guy?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 02, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

ho-hum.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #5 : December 03, 2006, 12:41:39 AM »

I don't think the moaning & complaining fans have the power to force the owners to do anything! And could you explain why you find losing tolerable?

« #6 : December 03, 2006, 10:47:05 AM »

I don't think the moaning & complaining fans have the power to force the owners to do anything! And could you explain why you find losing tolerable?

Then why do you moan and groan so much?  Just curious.  You are likely a really nice person, but you moan and groan with the best of them.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #7 : December 03, 2006, 10:55:17 AM »

This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen in a long time.

« #8 : December 03, 2006, 10:56:36 AM »

This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen in a long time.

And Lord knows there have been plenty....LOL.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to fairweather fans...FIND A NEW TEAM « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools