Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2008, 08:33:05 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.
We are in far worse shape than I thought..... I have lost any amount of faith I had in Gruden, good god I wish we could trade Gruden to the Falcons, let him submarine that franchise and load the roster with incompetent QB's and waste draft picks on running backs and receivers.

thanson

Starter

#1 : March 04, 2008, 06:21:41 AM

So we sign Griese, cut him at training camp and pick up the $300,000 roster bonus tab. Cap managemnet if you ask me. I really have nothing else to say on this. My mouth is still on the floor.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 04, 2008, 08:25:08 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2008, 08:26:50 AM

And wouldn't the Griese McCown thing be interchangable?  I'm sure they will compete for the backup spot.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

thanson

Starter

#4 : March 04, 2008, 09:07:15 AM

Griese Sucks. Sign one of the good qb in the draft and start the process of a franchise qb

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 04, 2008, 09:51:03 AM

I agree. Not sure why people are thinking otherwise. Griese was brought here (and he was coming here either through trade or FA signing) to back up Garcia.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 04, 2008, 09:55:49 AM

Then McCown is toast if that is the case. :o

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#7 : March 04, 2008, 09:56:18 AM

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Gruden is going to wash his hands of Simms, McCown, and Gradkowski.  I think the signing of Griese opens the door for the Bucs to draft Joe Flacco in the first round.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2008, 09:57:07 AM

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Gruden is going to wash his hands of Simms, McCown, and Gradkowski.  I think the signing of Griese opens the door for the Bucs to draft Joe Flacco in the first round.

It's possible, but I think unlikely.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 04, 2008, 09:59:32 AM

We are in far worse shape than I thought..... I have lost any amount of faith I had in Gruden, good god I wish we could trade Gruden to the Falcons, let him submarine that franchise and load the roster with incompetent QB's and waste draft picks on running backs and receivers.

Wish we could trade you to the Falcons.  The Bucs are in the best shape they've been in a decade.  You're a fool.

micronole

Starter
#10 : March 04, 2008, 10:01:10 AM

Do you think this precludes the Bucs from drafting a QB, or would they keep a 4th on the roster?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 04, 2008, 10:01:25 AM

Griese Sucks. Sign one of the good qb in the draft and start the process of a franchise qb

Those are two different roster spots.  QB #2 and QB#3.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 04, 2008, 10:01:53 AM

The Bucs have so much money Griese is not going to make or break the cap. They could give me $1 million tomorrow and they'd still start the season way under.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 04, 2008, 10:03:03 AM

Then McCown is toast if that is the case. :o

He's #3 is that toast?  I didn't think that was toast I thought that was the development spot.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2008, 10:04:11 AM

Do you think this precludes the Bucs from drafting a QB, or would they keep a 4th on the roster?

Yes and Yes.  It either says we're not drafting a QB or the 4th QB spot will become a fixture.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools