Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#105 : March 04, 2008, 02:30:30 PM

I'm sorry Rowdie, you've confused me completely (which, I guess, is easily done).

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#106 : March 04, 2008, 02:30:38 PM

You can't understand why they'd pay/overpay for a Center?

They didn't pay for Mahan, Johnson but decided to overpay for Faine?  Furthermore what makes Faine head and shoulders better than Lehr at center? Becuase he is another Notre Dame o-lineman that Muir is infatuated with?

Well pretty soon it should become painfully obvious that BC produces much better linemen.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#107 : March 04, 2008, 02:40:04 PM

Good grief ADW.

Look, if you think Al Johnson is better than Faine, ok. I don't agree, but it's arguable at least.

Mahan? Surely you jest. He's absolutely sucked in Pittsburgh. Their OL was no great shakes this season either.

And Lehr? If you can't see the difference between the two......

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#108 : March 04, 2008, 02:42:23 PM

Well pretty soon it should become painfully obvious that BC produces much better linemen

I agree but Muir is stuck in the past.

Booker Reese

Faine is physicially superior to Lehr how?  ??? 

#109 : March 04, 2008, 02:44:18 PM

You can't understand why they'd pay/overpay for a Center?

They didn't pay for Mahan, Johnson but decided to overpay for Faine?  Furthermore what makes Faine head and shoulders better than Lehr at center? Becuase he is another Notre Dame o-lineman that Muir is infatuated with?

Good questions.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#110 : March 04, 2008, 02:48:41 PM

I'm sorry Rowdie, you've confused me completely (which, I guess, is easily done).

Yeah long pause there.

This is how I follow the discussion..

Everyone has Garcia #1

We seem to be of the thought that if Griez can't make #2 there's no reason to put a vet at #3.  Yes? 

We also seem to agree Griez is going to be #2.

I just figure McCown is the easy #3 I don't see a reason to over think it.  Well 'cept you're here continually mentioning McCown has no support.

So then if Mccown is out at #3 who's going to be there.  I can't imagine Grads would be a choice over McCown. Maybe Simms if he's healthy which I don't find likely.  Snake, I doubt will return.  Basically it would seems you're trying to say the Bucs are going to draft a guy. 

If that's the case....

If they pick Falco in the first I'm going to the dark side (at least for a little bit).

Henne hopefully in the third. Winner. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#111 : March 04, 2008, 02:51:26 PM

So why did the Bears trade him then if he is clutch material?

You asked for when was the last time Griese led a comeback victory. He did in 2007, just like Luke. He threw the game-winning 34-yard TD pass with 2:05 left in that game.

I'm sorry you don't like the answer, or that it wasn't what you were hoping for.
Griese is about the WORST comeback QB in the entire NFL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#112 : March 04, 2008, 02:52:43 PM

Maybe The Tuna would like to throw a pick our way for Son of Phil.

The Bucs WANT Griese here,

You know who else wants Griese here? The Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers.

ROTFLMAO!!

(sad but true)

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#113 : March 04, 2008, 02:58:27 PM

ADW, I'm not even sure how to answer that - maybe you can get Lehr and Faine to arm wrestle, and when they are finished you can have them race each other.

That's not the point - Faine has been the starting C in every place he's been, Lehr has basically started a season in Dallas at C, and was replaced by your beloved Al Johnson. Lehr couldn't beat out John Wade last year for pete's sake!

Last we we waited until April to sign him - that's how coveted Lehr was by teams around the league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#114 : March 04, 2008, 03:06:58 PM

ADW, I'm not even sure how to answer that - maybe you can get Lehr and Faine to arm wrestle, and when they are finished you can have them race each other.

That's not the point - Faine has been the starting C in every place he's been, Lehr has basically started a season in Dallas at C, and was replaced by your beloved Al Johnson. Lehr couldn't beat out John Wade last year for pete's sake!

Last we we waited until April to sign him - that's how coveted Lehr was by teams around the league.
Lehr also had steroid issues surrounding him.  Might have made him untouchable.  PLus he sucks.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#115 : March 04, 2008, 03:30:09 PM

I think the "sucks" part trumped the 'roids part Boid.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#116 : March 04, 2008, 03:41:38 PM

I think the "sucks" part trumped the 'roids part Boid.
You think?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#117 : March 04, 2008, 06:23:55 PM

I have to agree with bradentonian that I too have doubt.  McCown made mistakes but I do not remember him making Griese like mistakes in his limited game time.

I do not think it slam dunk that Griese is a marignal upgrade over McCown unless we are talking about knowledge of the playbook.

Running into a safety and fumbling the ball on the opponents 20 are not "Griese like" mistakes?

I can understand wanting to see McCown as the backup but let's keep the facts in order.

No, he just throws it to the safety at the opponents 20 and he walks in for the score. Those are "Griese's"  mistakes, time and time again.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools