Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2008, 10:06:07 AM

He's #3 is that toast?  I didn't think that was toast I thought that was the development spot.

McCown's top supporter has left the team. We'll see what that means for his future here.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 04, 2008, 10:08:40 AM

He's #3 is that toast?  I didn't think that was toast I thought that was the development spot.

McCown's top supporter has left the team. We'll see what that means for his future here.

Who would they keep?  Grads? Simms coming back?  I don't see either of those as very likely no matter who's jock strap got lost.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 04, 2008, 10:13:27 AM

Then McCown is toast if that is the case. :o

He's #3 is that toast? I didn't think that was toast I thought that was the development spot.

Why would LM be content being bumped down as the #3?  Furthermore if the Bucs draft a QB high in this draft I do not think they have confidence in McCown being the QB of the future.

McCown's top supporter has left the team. We'll see what that means for his future here

With Hackett gone McCown is in limbo right now.  We shall see what the Bucs decided to do with him.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2008, 10:14:55 AM

I'm turning to the dark side if they draft that falcco kid in the first.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2008, 10:34:31 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.

Very depressing but not unexpected once the trade was announced

simmstheanswer

Starter

#20 : March 04, 2008, 10:37:53 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.

yeah, it could go that way. but i think most people on this board, and i would expect you would too, realize the need for us to draft a qb this year on day 1. not to be harsh, but though garcia was ok to good last year, he wasn't all that good, and will only be around one more year, hopefully. that leaves us next year with griese or mccown, no thanks. the point is, we need to draft a qb, and the signing of griese seems dumb if we do plan on drafting one, unless it's just to be safe incase the draft goes awry and we end up not being able to get a qb.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 04, 2008, 10:38:42 AM

Yes we saw the writting on the wall.

I wonder what draft pick they can obtain for Luke McCown?

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 04, 2008, 10:41:42 AM

yeah, it could go that way. but i think most people on this board, and i would expect you would too, realize the need for us to draft a qb this year on day 1. not to be harsh, but though garcia was ok to good last year, he wasn't all that good, and will only be around one more year, hopefully. that leaves us next year with griese or mccown, no thanks. the point is, we need to draft a qb, and the signing of griese seems dumb if we do plan on drafting one, unless it's just to be safe incase the draft goes awry and we end up not being able to get a qb.

I don't think drafting a QB early makes signing Griese dumb.  I don't think any of us want to see a rookie QB starting a game for the Bucs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2008, 10:42:25 AM

None.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 04, 2008, 10:45:29 AM

Maybe The Tuna would like to throw a pick our way for Son of Phil.

The Bucs WANT Griese here, they're not going to trade him somewhere else.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 04, 2008, 10:43:35 AM

None.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 04, 2008, 10:44:27 AM

None may be the value Simms has but McCown probably can fetch a 6th at this point.

JC510

Practice Squad

#27 : March 04, 2008, 10:46:53 AM

The Bucs WANT Griese here,

You know who else wants Griese here? The Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 04, 2008, 10:47:19 AM

Very depressing but not unexpected once the trade was announced

What's depressing about that? 

What would have impressed you?

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#29 : March 04, 2008, 10:48:10 AM

The Bucs WANT Griese here, they're not going to trade him somewhere else.

No, you are mistaken, I didn't say Son of Bob... Son of Phil.... Simms.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools