Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 04, 2008, 10:49:35 AM

You know who else wants Griese here? The Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers.

I don't care one whit about what any of those teams want. I want our team to better themselves, and I'm not worried about the others. Adding Griese does improve the Bucs situation, even if only marginally.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 04, 2008, 10:50:21 AM

No, you are mistaken, I didn't say Son of Bob... Son of Phil.... Simms.

Sorry, my bad. This being a Griese thread, I made an unfortunate assumption about what you wrote. My apologies.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 04, 2008, 10:51:07 AM

What's depressing about that?

???

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#33 : March 04, 2008, 10:51:41 AM

No, you are mistaken, I didn't say Son of Bob... Son of Phil.... Simms.

Sorry, my bad. This being a Griese thread, I made an unfortunate assumption about what you wrote. My apologies.

No, problem.. easy mistake.

I was one of the few Bucs fans that was sad to see Griese go the first time.

JC510

Practice Squad

#34 : March 04, 2008, 10:53:12 AM

You know who else wants Griese here? The Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers.

I don't care one whit about what any of those teams want. I want our team to better themselves, and I'm not worried about the others. Adding Griese does improve the Bucs situation, even if only marginally.

If Griese was our QB vs the Redskins instead of Gradkowski we lose that game. Griese throws a dumb pick and we lose that game, no doubt.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 04, 2008, 10:54:06 AM

???

Dude if a four word question is throwing you for a loop perhaps communication is just not your thing.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#36 : March 04, 2008, 10:54:18 AM

Griese is insurance at #2.
McCown might last #3 (if the rook doesn't push him out)
Simms/Grads will be cut - Dolphins will pick one of them up.
Draft Flacco in 2nd or 3rd (not the first.)

We brought 4 QB's last year...

Just Sayin'

My $.02.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 04, 2008, 10:55:03 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.

Very depressing but not unexpected once the trade was announced

What would have impressed you?

Allowing McCown to compete for the starting job.  There's no way he even gets a sniff of playing time now.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#38 : March 04, 2008, 10:56:43 AM

Why would you think Griese would be cut? As I see it right now, the Bucs' depth chart at QB for the 2008 season is Garcia, Griese and McCown.

why would a rookie be starting? i would assume garcia would start.
yeah, it could go that way. but i think most people on this board, and i would expect you would too, realize the need for us to draft a qb this year on day 1. not to be harsh, but though garcia was ok to good last year, he wasn't all that good, and will only be around one more year, hopefully. that leaves us next year with griese or mccown, no thanks. the point is, we need to draft a qb, and the signing of griese seems dumb if we do plan on drafting one, unless it's just to be safe incase the draft goes awry and we end up not being able to get a qb.

I don't think drafting a QB early makes signing Griese dumb.  I don't think any of us want to see a rookie QB starting a game for the Bucs.
why would a rookie start? i would assume garcia will still be starting.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 04, 2008, 10:57:21 AM

I was one of the few Bucs fans that was sad to see Griese go the first time.

Olson is VERY familiar with Griese, and likes him. So does Gruden. Knowing how recklessly that Garcia plays the position, they feel more comfortable having a long-time vet with lots of starting experience to back up a guy who has a good chance to miss a few games with injury. Griese didn't come here to start or even compete for the starting spot, he came here to fill in if called upon. To that end, the acquisition makes sense and makes the team better, even if only a little bit better.

I like McCown, but 15 sacks in four games is cause for concern.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 04, 2008, 10:57:33 AM

Very depressing but not unexpected once the trade was announced

What would have impressed you?

Allowing McCown to compete for the starting job.  There's no way he even gets a sniff of playing time now.

Allowign him to compete for the starting job is depressing or what would have impressed you? 

I don't know. I'm not at all convinced he can't beat out the Griez for #2.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 04, 2008, 11:00:00 AM

Rowdie

For someone that likes to call other people idiots you seems to have not watched the 2007 regular season.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 04, 2008, 11:00:13 AM

As long as Garcia is healthy, no QB on this roster is competing for the starting job. So that being the case, the team is better off having a long-time vet backing him up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 04, 2008, 11:01:29 AM

As long as Garcia is healthy, no QB on this roster is competing for the starting job.

That is very unfortunate

the team is better off having a long-time vet backing him up.

I disagree.  I don't think Griese would have been an improvement over McCown last year when Garcia was out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 04, 2008, 11:03:11 AM

I disagree.  I don't think Griese would have been an improvement over McCown last year when Garcia was out.

Well, we all have a right to an opinion, ours is just different.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Management - Griese « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools