Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not An Anti-Gruden Thread...BUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rombarrone

Starter

: October 08, 2006, 10:29:32 PM

I am a huge Gruden fan, but not a West Coast Offense fan. That being said does anyone else agree with me that today proved yet again that we need to get out of the WCO and start implementing a more passer freindly offense of mid to longer yardage pass plays. Everyone is touting how Bruce had 0 batted passes today. True, but how many check down 5 and 7 routes were the passes thrown to? Not that many. Thats one reason for 0 batted passes. I just feel that if we have a passing QB why should the QB have to evolve with Gruden. Why not have Gruden (or someone else) evolve with the QB. I don't want Gruden to go, but I think he needs to start thinking a little more outside his box. And today I believe did a little. And I think we need more of that. Let's face it and be realistic, the season is over. We should take this time to rebuild. A LOT of our D will be gone next year to retirement most likely. And the age is showing now. Otherwise next year may just as bad as this one is shaping up. Just a thought...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 10:30:58 PM

No. Before now he hasn't had a QB who can run his offense the way it should be run. We need to settle down and see what this offense looks like with a QB who is suited for it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 10:32:30 PM

No. Before now he hasn't had a QB who can run his offense the way it should be run. We need to settle down and see what this offense looks like with a QB who is suited for it.

I agree. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 08, 2006, 10:35:55 PM

As far as league trends, it seems to be the big, physical receivers are having more and more trouble and the smaller guys with good change of direction are having more and more success. Galloway isn't going to play forever. I'd like to see the team draft a Bernard Berrian type in the 2nd or 3rd round to complement Clayton and/or Stovall.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rombarrone

Starter

#4 : October 08, 2006, 10:37:23 PM

THATS THE POINT!!! He is a passing QB HE IS NOT suited for a WCO. Why hold someone back to do a bunch of 5 and 7 yard check down passes to break up the two or three consective rushing plays. Doesn't make sense.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 10:39:04 PM

THATS THE POINT!!! He is a passing QB HE IS NOT suited for a WCO. Why hold someone back to do a bunch of 5 and 7 yard check down passes to break up the two or three consective rushing plays. Doesn't make sense.

What are you talking about?  Gradkowski is a very good fit for this offense.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 10:42:32 PM

Well if today is anything to go off the offense looks fine.  400 yards, 187 rushing, 3 TDs and only one turnover is pretty good going.  If the Bucs D can regain their top ten status we would be in business.

rombarrone

Starter

#7 : October 08, 2006, 10:42:50 PM

What are you talking about? Gradkowski is a very good fit for this offense.

Lol...you again. I was gone for four months and look who welcomes me back...lol. He is "GOOD" for this offense yes. However this offense may likely not be taking full advantage of his abilities. That's the point.

rombarrone

Starter

#8 : October 08, 2006, 10:44:27 PM

Well if today is anything to go off the offense looks fine. 400 yards, 187 rushing, 3 TDs and only one turnover is pretty good going. If the Bucs D can regain their top ten status we would be in business.

Exactly. It was like watching a different offense today. Gruden let go a little and let him throw the ball.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 08, 2006, 10:45:34 PM

This offense is taking advantage of his abilities NJ. Did you watch the same game as I did today?

It was Simms who didn't fit here. Gradkowski is the prototypical west coast QB and he proved it today.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2006, 10:45:57 PM

Lol...you again. I was gone for four months and look who welcomes me back...lol. He is "GOOD" for this offense yes. However this offense may likely not be taking full advantage of his abilities. That's the point.

You mean like Rich Gannon's success in this offense?  Gradkowski is a younger version of Rich Gannon with the way he plays.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 08, 2006, 10:46:13 PM

THis O maximizes the kids abilities.  He isn't a downfield passer like simms.  At least there was a case for him not fitting.  And the passes will get a bit longer as he gets his feet under him, but we'll never be a deep team under Gru.  It's all about higher percentage short passes, mixed with the run to keep defenses off-balance.

rombarrone

Starter

#12 : October 08, 2006, 10:57:06 PM

You mean like Rich Gannon's success in this offense? Gradkowski is a younger version of Rich Gannon with the way he plays.

What??????? Who said he isn't or won't be successful in the wco? Read the post. Man...some things never change.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 10:58:55 PM

What??????? Who said he isn't or won't be successful in the wco? Read the post. Man...some things never change.

Gannon had his best success in the WCO.  IMVHO Grads best chance of success is in the WCO.  Please read what everyone is saying.  Since you are a young grasshopper we will take it easy on you.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 09, 2006, 09:57:16 AM

DALBUC, great points man I'm with you. I love gruden, love the guy but man oh man we have got to cater to the players we have and play to their strengths. I'm not sure if he overestimated, underestimated or what but we are underachieving in many areas. I mean the Eagles run the WCO, granted that have a stud QB in McNabb but they push the ball down the field when they want to, we just choose not too. Galloway is lethal, Clayton and Smith are great possession options and you have caddy and we can't do crap.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not An Anti-Gruden Thread...BUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools