Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not An Anti-Gruden Thread...BUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 09, 2006, 09:58:23 AM

DALBUC, great points man I'm with you. I love gruden, love the guy but man oh man we have got to cater to the players we have and play to their strengths. I'm not sure if he overestimated, underestimated or what but we are underachieving in many areas. I mean the Eagles run the WCO, granted that have a stud QB in McNabb but they push the ball down the field when they want to, we just choose not too. Galloway is lethal, Clayton and Smith are great possession options and you have caddy and we can't do crap.

The Bucs offense was not the problem in the last game. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2006, 10:00:42 AM

Well absolutely not, 1 game out of 4 it wasn't....We are far from out of the woods with the offense...

Baghead #2

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2006, 10:10:52 AM

For those that think the WCO is not a good fit here or want it changed, can you explain what it is you want?  Exactly what types and distances of passes do you want the QB to throw?  And how often are you talking about throwing them?  And would your progression of QB reads be long to medium to short or how?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 09, 2006, 10:14:20 AM

I don't think we need to change our genre or anything but our personnel groups (3 TE sets) sorta baffles me. Yesterday was an aboration, hopefully of things to come, we looked good, hard to be critical about a good performance on offense, based on yesterdays game. Caddy ran well, Grads looked great.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 09, 2006, 10:17:21 AM

I don't think we need to change our genre or anything but our personnel groups (3 TE sets) sorta baffles me. Yesterday was an aboration, hopefully of things to come, we looked good, hard to be critical about a good performance on offense, based on yesterdays game. Caddy ran well, Grads looked great.

The Bucs used a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets yesterday.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 09, 2006, 10:21:22 AM

Amazing isn't it! I thought we couldn't do that because our offensive line was so bad???

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 09, 2006, 10:28:41 AM

Amazing isn't it! I thought we couldn't do that because our offensive line was so bad???

They are improving and suprisingly Trueblood did a decent job.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 09, 2006, 10:33:51 AM

I love trueblood and he did do well against some tough DE competition that the saints possess, it was a good sign to say the least!

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 09, 2006, 10:39:04 AM

Define decent? He gave up a sack, several presures and did nothing in the run game. BTW, 1 sacks ins't a good game, since 1 sack per game  gets you to Torrin Tucker levels of play.

If that is the case Mount McKinnie needs to be benched.

BucsAddict

Starter

#24 : October 09, 2006, 10:58:26 AM

As his first start at the NFL it was a decent game. Certainly no worse the KW has done. 

As for Grads, we played more 3/4 WR sets because Grads release is quicker. Plus he's twice as mobile as Simms.

Simms is not an optimal fit for *this* offense.  He would excel in a Denny Green/Brian Billick  Offense.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 09, 2006, 02:27:37 PM

HUGE Props to Bruce G and the rest of the O for keeping us in the game yesterday. Rushing and Passing Games worked really well, the D just sucked. Big Time.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 09, 2006, 03:19:10 PM

I am still stuck trying to figure out how you can like Gruden and dislike the WCO - he is a WCO coach?   

And Trueblood had a tough day, like most rookie DTs do their first time around the league.  He needs to get the pace of his game up to the pace of the NFL game. 

And the bucs need to use guards that can stand up to pass rush keeping the idea of stepping up in the pocket an option.  Just my thought.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 09, 2006, 04:32:07 PM

If Grad's game yesterday doesn't show you how benefical a WCO to a QB is, I don't know what will. With a mobile QB, Grad can move the pocket and makes it alot easier because the line doesn't have to hold off defenders as long as before. In Gruden's O, see how easy it is for receivers to get open when there's 3 or more eligble receivers. What happened yesterday is what Gruden's WCO looks like when ran effectively. That is what it looked like when he was at Oakland.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 09, 2006, 05:42:12 PM

Neither worked "really" well. The run game in particular was a bit of a mirage. Example, and these are fairly typical:

1-10-TB39   (13:57) C.Williams left tackle to TB 42 for 3 yards (M.Simoneau, S.Shanle).
1-10-NO35   (12:34) C.Williams left guard to NO 33 for 2 yards (S.Fujita).
2-8-NO33   (11:56) C.Williams right end pushed ob at NO 18 for 15 yards (R.Harper).
1-10-NO18   (11:31) C.Williams left guard to NO 18 for no gain (S.Shanle, B.Young).

3 runs for 5 total yards, 1 for 18.

2-5-TB38   (8:34) C.Williams right tackle to TB 38 for no gain (S.Fujita, M.Simoneau).
1-10-NO40   (7:23) C.Williams left end to NO 38 for 2 yards (M.Simoneau, S.Shanle).

2 runs, 2 yards

We never got the consistent push and this run game looked like a lot of last year where we saw not much and then a few bigger runs. What did work, and that I hadn't seen in awhile, was that outside toss play that really seemed to work anytime we ran it.
Dal,
I too was glad to see the outside runs.  Regarding the inconsistency of the running attack, you could probably see that scenario from 90% of the teams in the NFL.  Most runs are 1 or 2 yards and then the big run.  That is typical of what I've seen in most games.  The old saying used to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust.....but as all knew that left you at 4th and one.  :-)

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 09, 2006, 05:49:53 PM

Neither worked "really" well. The run game in particular was a bit of a mirage. Example, and these are fairly typical:

1-10-TB39   (13:57) C.Williams left tackle to TB 42 for 3 yards (M.Simoneau, S.Shanle).
1-10-NO35   (12:34) C.Williams left guard to NO 33 for 2 yards (S.Fujita).
2-8-NO33   (11:56) C.Williams right end pushed ob at NO 18 for 15 yards (R.Harper).
1-10-NO18   (11:31) C.Williams left guard to NO 18 for no gain (S.Shanle, B.Young).

3 runs for 5 total yards, 1 for 18.

2-5-TB38   (8:34) C.Williams right tackle to TB 38 for no gain (S.Fujita, M.Simoneau).
1-10-NO40   (7:23) C.Williams left end to NO 38 for 2 yards (M.Simoneau, S.Shanle).

2 runs, 2 yards

We never got the consistent push and this run game looked like a lot of last year where we saw not much and then a few bigger runs. What did work, and that I hadn't seen in awhile, was that outside toss play that really seemed to work anytime we ran it.

And on the other side, you have Deuce with three nice runs.  And a huge one that padded his stats nicely.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not An Anti-Gruden Thread...BUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools