Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacements « previous next »
Page: 1

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: December 03, 2006, 11:11:19 AM

I want to see who everyone thinks ABSOLUTELY has to be replaced.  I don't mean who could be playing better, I mean who we absolutely cannot win with if they are on the field. 

1.  For me it starts with Jermaine Phillips.  I know, I know... obvious.  I honestly think we'd be two games better if not for Jermaine Phillips all by himself.  Not much else that needs to be said here.

2.  Next I'm going to go with Greg Spires.  He's been great for us in the past because he would do all the little things while still maintaining a pass rush.  But in the NFL the main thing a DE has to do is rush the passer.  Once a guy can't do that anymore, the little things he does don't matter nearly as much.

3.  Sean Mahan at G.  This cannot happen anymore.  I know he's not really supposed to be there and injuries forced it, but OL is a position that gets a lot of injuries.  Mahan is not suited to play G in the NFL for more than a series or two at a time.  He's not even at the point where he can come in and hold it down for 2 games or so.

4.  Michael Clayton.  I still am holding out hope that he can turn this around, but the way he is currently playing is not up to NFL standards.  It's a lot like Spires' situation.  All of the little things Clayton does fall into the background if he's not getting receptions and yards.

I know that doesn't cover every hole we have, but like I said, these are the most immediate to me.  Look at these positions and in your mind replace them with more productive players.  Wouldn't we be a lot better? 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 03, 2006, 11:31:06 AM

I think in addition, I would like to throw in Quarles needs to go, let Ruud start to lock it down.

And Bolden needs to be replaced at CB, not necessarily dumped, but moved out of the starting rotation...

And Wade needs to go.  Badly.

#2 : December 03, 2006, 11:33:00 AM

Quarles - Love the guy but he is really spending a lot of time hurt now. 

Brooks - Slowed considerably.  Fan favorite, but we need to win games and get quicker.  Thanks for all the GREAT years Derrick.

Clayton - A bit of a ? here, as he is still young.  But he has sucked rocks this season.  Did he have his hands amputated as part of his 2005 surgery??

Rice - He's entering the twilight now and it is time to get younger there.  Plus, his salary no longer is justified by his performance.

Becht - Has done virtually nothing since his arrival.

Sowell - Wasted pickup and wasted roster spot.

Rattay - Obvious reasons.

These are for starters.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 03, 2006, 11:36:17 AM

I think in addition, I would like to throw in Quarles needs to go, let Ruud start to lock it down.

And Bolden needs to be replaced at CB, not necessarily dumped, but moved out of the starting rotation...

And Wade needs to go.  Badly.
I would have agreed with the Bolden statement last year, but not now.  He's gotten better.  He's still not a starter, but he's a good 3rd/nickleback.  Remember, everyone in the secondary is dealing with 2 severe handicaps: a rookie position coach and no pass rush.  There are even people calling for Will Allen's head, which is patently ridiculous.  Philips has long been a disappointment, but someof these other guys you need to look at with some perspective.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 03, 2006, 11:37:30 AM

I meant guys that can single handedly lose us games.  Neither Rattay nor Sowel has ever hurt us on the field.  These guys are minor inconveniences.  I guess kind of by definition they have to be a starter.  My question is "if _____ is still playing for us next year we are going to have a losing season."  Not quite a question but you get my drift.

#5 : December 03, 2006, 11:41:59 AM

Sorry Leeroy....didn't know that's what you meant.

Wade - Out

Clayton - Almost out

Quarles, Brooks, and Rice remain on my list.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 03, 2006, 11:50:49 AM

Screw the players, here's who REALLY needs to go:
Muir
Mann
Bisaccia

possibly Jethro

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2006, 11:52:27 AM

As for players:
Philips
Mahan
Wade

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2006, 12:05:57 PM

Screw the players, here's who REALLY needs to go:
Muir
Mann
Bisaccia

possibly Jethro

Enter the Gruden haters...

3-2-1

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : December 03, 2006, 12:10:15 PM

Jermaine Phillips
Mahan
Spires
Becht
Pittman (i like the guy but makes too many mistakes, is easily replaceable)
Bolden
Cox (he gets burned alot, not good)

we need a new center also

#10 : December 03, 2006, 03:00:28 PM

Jermaine Phillips, Mike Clayton, and Chris Simms can make sure the door doesn't hit them on the ass on the way out.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2006, 03:02:12 PM

Jermaine Phillips, Mike Clayton, and Chris Simms can make sure the door doesn't hit them on the ass on the way out.

See I don't think Brooks is killing us out there, I just think he's not playing up to the asinise standard he set for himself.

#12 : December 03, 2006, 03:04:48 PM

See I don't think Brooks is killing us out there, I just think he's not playing up to the asinise standard he set for himself.
Yeah we haven't lost 'cuz of Brooks but I think we need a new WLB...coughLanceBriggscough...

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 03, 2006, 03:26:40 PM

Gawd, Bolden doesn't need to go.  He's a good third DB.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 03, 2006, 03:33:46 PM

Gawd, Bolden doesn't need to go. He's a good third DB.

I agree.  This is what I was looking for.  Who are the guys who need to go above all else?  I wouldn't consider Bolden in that group.  I put Spires in that group when I bet a lot of people wouldn't.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacements « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools