Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2008, 07:11:07 PM

OPEC has actually hinted at cutting production and now many say that oil will rise to more than $120 a barrel within 6 months.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=autFGntuNqZY

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080304/bs_afp/opeccommoditiesoiloutputpricealgeria_080304170904

escobar

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2008, 08:20:41 PM

It's getting to the point where unless you are making 50k a year minimum you are going to find a hard time surviving in this country.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 04, 2008, 08:22:24 PM

It's getting to the point where unless you are making 50k a year minimum you are going to find a hard time surviving in this country.

And it will get worse.  Most Americans are going to have to get used to a falling standard of living over the next two or three decades.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2008, 08:46:57 PM

Or make better fuel efficient cars.

Those 16 mile per gallon pick up trucks are going to have to go.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2008, 08:47:53 PM

AWESOME. That should make driving a Jeep Wrangler so much fun this summer.

Hey I can take the top off and drive like a mile and come home.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 04, 2008, 08:48:36 PM

I am going start working from home a lot more.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2008, 08:51:31 PM

SUVs are part of the problem as well... With all those vehicles using up all that gas it takes away supply and drives up the price for everyone else.

What I cant stand are the people who are single who drive an SUV. I mean why the hell would you buy an SUV if you live alone?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 04, 2008, 08:53:11 PM

And it will get worse. Most Americans are going to have to get used to a falling standard of living over the next two or three decades.

What this country needs is a revolution; again.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2008, 08:56:38 PM

The other day a reporter mentioned $4 a gallon gas to GWB. And he said, "Really? I hadn't heard
that." And then gave his patented smirk. Out of touch.

MJS is right. It will get a lot worse. However, there are good aspects this this. Let me know if you
want to hear about them.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 04, 2008, 08:59:21 PM

There will be one for sure, BucsGuru... I'm just not sure it'll be in our lifetime.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2008, 09:07:39 PM

Do you the voting numbers for the primaries? They're off the chart. This is the
start of the silent revolution.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 04, 2008, 09:13:01 PM

What? Electing Obama? LOL!!

The voters have very little power in this country. And the president really doesnt have much power either. It was Eisenhower that warned of the military industrial complex. Once that machine is started, it is very difficult to stop.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 04, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Yes, it will be tough. This is just the start. Voting will be enough and it doesn't matter if it's
Obama os somebody else. The fact is, people are waking up.

I told JG in another thread that Oprah had an online class last night about the coming shift
in consciousness. It featured author Eckart Tolle. I listened today. I already know most of
the stuff but I can always use improvement on myself.

Over 500,000 people were online listening last night. And the most interesting calls came
from Christians who just don't relate to their church teachings any more. People are waking
up.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2008, 09:52:48 PM

There will be one for sure, BucsGuru... I'm just not sure it'll be in our lifetime.

I recall a conversation that took place between myself and a wise old Master Sergeant while I was in the Marines.  He said that the greatest enemy outside of Red China the U.S. faces, is in fact, ourselves.  Of course back then I thought the old man was off his rocker.  Now I'm beginning to see what he was talking about.  The simple truth is this; your vote does not count.  The machine we call government will keep rolling right along, never once thinking of your cares and needs.
I was in the mall the other day and saw two very overweight people riding in their scooters, down the handicapped ramps, munching on chips and drinking sodas.  What and where would these people be if the government didn't protect their way of life?  Would we revert to the survival of the fittest?  My thinking can be a little over the top for some, but IMO, the reason we have so much diversity and out of control habits simply lies within the government.  We protect everyone's right to their own opinions, yet have lost any identity that we can truly call our own?!  What if the government told those people to quit eating, start exercising, and be productive?  They of course would sue someone or something! 
Big Oil has been monoplozied just like the utility companies did over a century ago.  The government must step in and stop this, but will not because they are being paid off with incentives themselves.  The American people don't know how to unite like they once did to confront the government to put a stop to this.  We are too busy with our diversity.  A revolution is what this country needs...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2008, 10:07:48 PM

You underestimate the American people.

The change will come from the bottom up. The local elections are the most important and we
go up from there.

People are going to start their own communities like the hippies did in the 60s. But a little
different. Some will do so out of economic necessity and some will be choose that option.

Violent revolution will not be successful. Unless, the military stands down like they have
in other countries. So who knows?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools