Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #15 : March 04, 2008, 10:18:30 PM »

The other day a reporter mentioned $4 a gallon gas to GWB. And he said, "Really? I hadn't heard
that." And then gave his patented smirk. Out of touch.

MJS is right. It will get a lot worse. However, there are good aspects this this. Let me know if you
want to hear about them.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #16 : March 04, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »

LOL!

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 04, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »

AWESOME. That should make driving a Jeep Wrangler so much fun this summer.

Hey I can take the top off and drive like a mile and come home.
I'm soooo glad I traded in my jeep for a grand prix. I feel for you KrazyBuc

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 04, 2008, 10:39:44 PM »

The other day a reporter mentioned $4 a gallon gas to GWB. And he said, "Really? I hadn't heard
that." And then gave his patented smirk. Out of touch.

MJS is right. It will get a lot worse. However, there are good aspects this this. Let me know if you
want to hear about them.

******************offensive joke warning*********************

President Bush is a perfect example of why you don't tell a retarded kid that he can be whatever he wants when he grows up

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 04, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »

Without going into the pros and cons of Bush as a person, the only thing I will say is that while you ridicule him; he is President and you are not. Who is the idiot now?

Be it Jimmy carter, Ronald Reagan or George Bush, getting into the Whitehouse show that they are no idiots. You might not like their polices, but they have been a hell of a lot more successful than you have. I hate Jimmy Carter and I hate his policies and views but I know he is not a fool. I am of the opinion that the condescending attitude towards GWB thinking he was a complete moron is what got him elected in the first place. Democrats condescendingly thought he was an idiot, promoted him as an idiot and expected the American people to think he was an idiot. They did not. I am not sure if that obviously continuing thought process is good or bad for this country.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 04, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »

AWESOME. That should make driving a Jeep Wrangler so much fun this summer.

Hey I can take the top off and drive like a mile and come home.
I'm soooo glad I traded in my jeep for a grand prix. I feel for you KrazyBuc

I loooooove my Jeep and wouldnt get rid of her for anything.... But DAMN do I feel it every time I fill up at the pump.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 04, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »

Without going into the pros and cons of Bush as a person, the only thing I will say is that while you ridicule him; he is President and you are not. Who is the idiot now?

Be it Jimmy carter, Ronald Reagan or George Bush, getting into the Whitehouse show that they are no idiots. You might not like their polices, but they have been a hell of a lot more successful than you have. I hate Jimmy Carter and I hate his policies and views but I know he is not a fool. I am of the opinion that the condescending attitude towards GWB thinking he was a complete moron is what got him elected in the first place. Democrats condescendingly thought he was an idiot, promoted him as an idiot and expected the American people to think he was an idiot. They did not. I am not sure if that obviously continuing thought process is good or bad for this country.

are you effing kidding me? are you really gonna try to push off that sorry ass president as a product of the Democrats?

by your defending of him are we to assume that you support him and his policies/views?

you cant be that naive.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 04, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »

I have several Republican friends who are so embarrassed that they voted for this guy the 2nd time.
Most people have seen the light.

Is he a moron? No. Is he 100% out of touch with reality and what the citizens are going through?
Yes. Care to defend that? He also said we weren't in a recession or close to it. Yeah, OK.

How the hell does a president that not know that gas is approaching $4.00 a gallon? Please tell
me that. Pathetic.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 04, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »

I have several Republican friends who are so embarrassed that they voted for this guy the 2nd time.
Most people have seen the light.

Is he a moron? No. Is he 100% out of touch with reality and what the citizens are going through?
Yes. Care to defend that? He also said we weren't in a recession or close to it. Yeah, OK.

How the hell does a president that not know that gas is approaching $4.00 a gallon? Please tell
me that. Pathetic.

The federal government has been out of touch with America for a few decades now.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 04, 2008, 11:45:55 PM »

I recall a conversation that took place between myself and a wise old Master Sergeant while I was in the Marines.  He said that the greatest enemy outside of Red China the U.S. faces, is in fact, ourselves.  Of course back then I thought the old man was off his rocker.  Now I'm beginning to see what he was talking about.  The simple truth is this; your vote does not count.  The machine we call government will keep rolling right along, never once thinking of your cares and needs.
I was in the mall the other day and saw two very overweight people riding in their scooters, down the handicapped ramps, munching on chips and drinking sodas.  What and where would these people be if the government didn't protect their way of life?  Would we revert to the survival of the fittest?  My thinking can be a little over the top for some, but IMO, the reason we have so much diversity and out of control habits simply lies within the government.  We protect everyone's right to their own opinions, yet have lost any identity that we can truly call our own?!  What if the government told those people to quit eating, start exercising, and be productive?  They of course would sue someone or something! 
Big Oil has been monoplozied just like the utility companies did over a century ago.  The government must step in and stop this, but will not because they are being paid off with incentives themselves.  The American people don't know how to unite like they once did to confront the government to put a stop to this.  We are too busy with our diversity.  A revolution is what this country needs...

Nice post... Very nice post... and I don't normally agree with you.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #25 : March 05, 2008, 12:02:56 AM »

are you effing kidding me? are you really gonna try to push off that sorry butt president as a product of the Democrats?

by your defending of him are we to assume that you support him and his policies/views?

you cant be that naive.

Some of them. And he sure as hell beat the crap out of Al Gore and Kerry. And, before you ask, I couldn't vote then so no I didn't.

My point, and it has nothing to do with Bush particularly as the same can be said about anybody who did the same, (i.e Jimmy Carter)  is that this 'moron' became the President of the United States. You are what?

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 05, 2008, 12:06:17 AM »

Considering Carter and Bush won the presidency, I'm not really impressed.  The American people would vote for Mickey Mouse with enough smoke and mirrors.  What both those men did to this country is embarrassing.  I can sleep easier at night knowing I didn't "F" the American people like those two bozos did. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #27 : March 05, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »

Funny the gas hikes always occur in the summer.

Another way to drag the teacher down.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 05, 2008, 10:39:13 AM »

are you effing kidding me? are you really gonna try to push off that sorry butt president as a product of the Democrats?

you cant be that naive.

Some of them. And he sure as hell beat the crap out of Al Gore and Kerry. And, before you ask, I couldn't vote then so no I didn't.

My point, and it has nothing to do with Bush particularly as the same can be said about anybody who did the same, (i.e Jimmy Carter) is that this 'moron' became the President of the United States. You are what?

sorry but becoming president doesnt earn you automatic respect for me.

First, Al Gore would have been 10x the president Bush was and if it wasnt for an outdated electoral voting system he would've been. The popular vote should be the only vote that matters.

Second, This country is FULL of people that vote without knowing ANYTHING about the candidates. They vote for the better campaign, not the better person. So Bush becoming president makes his campaign team impressive to me and has little to do with himself.

If anyone that voted for Bush would've researched his life a little they would've seen the guy couldnt run a lemonade stand without screwing it all up. But this country is just a big herd of sheep that follow each other around and rarely think for themselves.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 05, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »

The popular vote should be the only vote that matters.
Kinda hard to take anyone's argument seriously, if they believe something as ridiculous as this.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools