Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2008, 10:43:16 AM

The popular vote should be the only vote that matters.
Kinda hard to take anyone's argument seriously, if they believe something as ridiculous as this.

you're a tool if you dont think the total number of people voting should be the vote that counts.

Here you have a president who had more votes, but he won the "popular" states so he wins.

The country as a whole voted for one guy, but the electoral votes added up for another guy.

THAT's ridiculous. And you're a part of the herd for believing in such an antique system.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 05, 2008, 10:55:40 AM

...And to the Republic...

It is in the Pledge.  We are not a true democracy.  The country doesn't trust the judgement of the "commoners" to be responsible for the hiring of our Emperor...err...President.  Electoral College gets the say.  We just get to play.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 05, 2008, 10:57:57 AM

THAT's ridiculous. And you're a part of the herd for believing in such an antique system.

You mean the constitution?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 05, 2008, 11:00:44 AM

I know some of you are so patriotic blind that you cant understand this... but yes... there ARE parts of the constitution that ARE outdated.

The electoral college is a perfect example. It's okay to say that parts of the constitution are outdated. You dont have to follow the other sheep blindly your whole life.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 05, 2008, 11:08:41 AM

I know some of you are so patriotic blind that you cant understand this... but yes... there ARE parts of the constitution that ARE outdated.
Ya think? How about some examples?

The electoral college is a perfect example.
That is a terrible example. The electoral college is a perfect example of something that our founding fathers instilled many years ago, and has stood the test of time.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2008, 11:22:28 AM

The electoral college is a perfect example. It's okay to say that parts of the constitution are outdated. You dont have to follow the other sheep blindly your whole life.

Blind sheep? I can't believe how condescending you are being regarding the constitution.
It's impossible for him to act any other way, when discussin any issue.

Krazy, is America a democracy or a republic?
He obviously doesn't know the correct answer to this question.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 05, 2008, 11:12:04 AM

Thats why I love having two 8-cylinder engine cars....

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 05, 2008, 11:14:24 AM

Blind sheep?  I can't believe how condescending you are being regarding the constitution. 

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 05, 2008, 11:18:03 AM

WOW.

Thank you for proving the point of the sheep following each other and not thinking for themselves. So apparently you think everything that was written a couple hundred years ago is the right system for us to use in 2008.

The candidate that receives the most votes should win. You think it's interesting that we're the only country that uses electoral votes?

How about that in states that are basically guaranteed to go to a Republican or a Democrat, the opposing parties votes dont matter.

So you have a state that every election goes to the Democratic nominee, now every Republican in that state's vote doesnt matter.

How about that presidential candidates focus their campaigns on the big states and the smaller states are left out.

With electoral votes every vote DOESNT matter. What motivation is it to go vote democratic if you KNOW your state will be a state won by republicans?

We need to make it so that every single person's vote matters. Sorry that you believe that the system set up a couple hundred years ago is still the best system to use this day and age.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 05, 2008, 11:20:33 AM

Blind sheep? I can't believe how condescending you are being regarding the constitution.

I'm as patriotic as the next, but I find it sad if you dont see the obvious flaws in the constitution and feel that you shouldnt question it.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 05, 2008, 11:25:56 AM

I know this one!  A Constitutional Republic.  If we're a democracy - lets all take a vote on  $5,000 tax refunds and see what it gets us. 

Sorry to jump in. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 05, 2008, 11:29:21 AM

It's impossible for him to act any other way, when discussin any issue.

He obviously doesn't know the correct answer to this question.

oh your'e so cool. i was too busy answering you're other question so i forgot to answer the oh so tough democracy or republic.

refer to the pledge of allegiance. we're a republic. however, our vote is supposed to be democratic, but it's not. if it was, then EVERYBODYS vote would count.

I cant believe you're that blind that you see nothing wrong with this process and think that we should live all of eternity based on men's words from hundreds fo years ago.

You do know that at some point, things change, times change and policies will need to change as well.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 05, 2008, 11:33:07 AM

WOW.

Thank you for proving the point of the sheep following each other and not thinking for themselves. So apparently you think everything that was written a couple hundred years ago is the right system for us to use in 2008.

The candidate that receives the most votes should win. You think it's interesting that we're the only country that uses electoral votes?

How about that in states that are basically guaranteed to go to a Republican or a Democrat, the opposing parties votes dont matter.

So you have a state that every election goes to the Democratic nominee, now every Republican in that state's vote doesnt matter.

How about that presidential candidates focus their campaigns on the big states and the smaller states are left out.

With electoral votes every vote DOESNT matter. What motivation is it to go vote democratic if you KNOW your state will be a state won by republicans?

We need to make it so that every single person's vote matters. Sorry that you believe that the system set up a couple hundred years ago is still the best system to use this day and age.

Wow, just wow. We are sheep because we understand the difference between a Constitutional Republic and a Democracy?

And, the funny thing is, without realizing it you just shot your own argument in the foot.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 05, 2008, 11:38:02 AM

every vote in the country is run on the premise that majority rules... except the most important election we have, the president.

Little retarded if you ask me.

http://www.bennahum.com/david/2004/09/abolishing_the_.html

Some interesting points. There's only about 8974897317 websites that list a boatload of examples and reasons why this process is outdated and shouldnt be in place.

But YOU'RE right. It's IN the constitution so it MUST be the BEST way to do things HUNDREDS of years later.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 05, 2008, 11:41:32 AM

refer to the pledge of allegiance. we're a republic. however, our vote is supposed to be democratic, but it's not. if it was, then EVERYBODYS vote would count.

I don't think you understand the difference between a democratic government and a republican government.  Or at least you haven't illustrated that fact by your posts.

I cant believe you're that blind that you see nothing wrong with this process and think that we should live all of eternity based on men's words from hundreds fo years ago.

Forgive me, but I will side with the founding fathers' opinions every time when confronted with your argument.  Put me in the "blind sheep" category, by your well-thought-out definition.

You do know that at some point, things change, times change and policies will need to change as well.

Maybe you could argue that some parts of the constitution are out-of-date...but this part ain't.  It sounds like you would prefer to live in a democracy.  That's great, but, as you said, this is a republic...and will continue to be.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: $5 a gallon gas this summer? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools