Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let me get this straight, « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2008, 10:38:31 PM

Perhaps Allen/Gruden really are taking Garcia's words to the heart about utilizing guys we already have like Clayton, Stovall, and others...........

Garcia truly believes that the Bucs have some potential playmakers already on the roster.

Exactly.

#31 : March 05, 2008, 10:55:37 PM

Last time I checked the defense and special teams was the strength of this team. People keep saying Gruden was brought in to change/revitalize/fix/revamp or whatever word you want to use to our offense. I thought he came here to win championships? Are we going to scrutinize every single FA we get, especially if he isn't the offensive player you guys are itching for? Not chiding...just asking...as you can see by my sig line...I could care less if we get a receiver or not. I believe in the guys we have and am prepared to go to battle with those guys knowing Garcia will have better protection in the passing game...

Gruden was brought here for offense, if not, the Glazers would not have been so opposed to Marvin Lewis. You can try to dress it however you want but after 6 yrs, we're still waiting.

Funny thing is if he were our OC, the HC would've fired him already.... IMO, of course.

By the way, your sig sux..... but I still love ya, brah!!!  ;)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 05, 2008, 11:00:40 PM

Hopefully Allen is going to pull something HUUUUUGE out of his hat with a major trade or trades, because right now he and Gruden are looking like a couple of bumbling fools.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 05, 2008, 11:01:49 PM

I am going to stop coming to this site.......each day gets more freaking depressing. >:(

amen

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 05, 2008, 11:47:46 PM

Yeah, Hate, cos Marvin Lewis has won so much in Cincy! Not!

In Verner We Trust

#35 : March 05, 2008, 11:58:04 PM

Yeah, Hate, cos Marvin Lewis has won so much in Cincy! Not!

Maybe I should explain this s-l-o-w-e-r for you. I'm not talkin about today..... at the time of the hiring, Lewis was considered a defensive minded coach just as Gruden was considered offensive minded. The Glazers did not want another Dungy.... they wanted offense(which I'm still waiting for). This is not about who's the better coach, its about Gruden being brought here to improve the offense.

Jiminy Xmas, is it that difficult for you to comprehend?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 05, 2008, 11:59:09 PM

The Glazers did not want another Dungy.... they wanted offense(which I'm still waiting for).

I'm guessing they wanted a championship more than anything else.

#37 : March 06, 2008, 12:10:37 AM

I'm guessing they wanted a championship more than anything else.

No doubt ... but for anyone to argue that Gruden was brought here for his supposed offensive mindset is talkin nonsense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 06, 2008, 12:12:44 AM

No doubt ... but for anyone to argue that Gruden was brought here for his supposed offensive mindset is talkin nonsense.

Naturally. Offense was a priority in their minds.

#39 : March 06, 2008, 12:15:08 AM

Naturally. Offense was a priority in their minds.

gracias!

goobtube

Starter

#40 : March 06, 2008, 12:18:27 AM

I think Glimore and Faine will help protect garcia and improve the ground game. Still need a WR and CB. I guess we just need to have patience. I for one have been guilty of not having any.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 06, 2008, 12:25:23 AM

Oh you're brilliant, Hate. They did a nice job on your labotomy.
The Glazers wanted two things: 1. More offense, which they believed would lead to ... 2. A Super Bowl title in the short run/more wins in the long run.
Lewis has failed in defense, but he has also failed in the larger picture. Their offense now appears to have peaked. Off the field their issues have cast a pall over their organization. Cleveland has now passed them by and they're looking at a shaky future.
Gruden, meanwhile, is seeing offensive improvement. The Bucs' offensive ranking of 2007 (18th yards) was higher than at any point under Dungy. The points need to be higher, but they went up 13 places last year. They have reworked the cap to be in strong shape. And the team is getting younger, ready to keep the best of the young players here.
Is it good enough? No. The Bucs need to be a top 10 offense, not 18th, if they want to be an elite team. In the short run, the offense was elite (see the 2002 postseason). But the weapons still aren't there for that to be the case long-term. The QB isn't good enough. The WRs aren't good enough, etc.

In Verner We Trust

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 06, 2008, 06:56:29 AM

Last time I checked the defense and special teams was the strength of this team. People keep saying Gruden was brought in to change/revitalize/fix/revamp or whatever word you want to use to our offense. I thought he came here to win championships? Are we going to scrutinize every single FA we get, especially if he isn't the offensive player you guys are itching for? Not chiding...just asking...as you can see by my sig line...I could care less if we get a receiver or not. I believe in the guys we have and am prepared to go to battle with those guys knowing Garcia will have better protection in the passing game...

Gruden was brought here for offense, if not, the Glazers would not have been so opposed to Marvin Lewis. You can try to dress it however you want but after 6 yrs, we're still waiting.

Funny thing is if he were our OC, the HC would've fired him already.... IMO, of course.

By the way, your sig sux..... but I still love ya, brah!!!  ;)

I never said that's not why they brought him here.  We know it was to improve the offense.  But defense is the way you win championships.  After the Giants stuck one in all you Patriot lovers it should be apparent that even the most high powered offense can be stopped and dismantled by a good defense.  We can go rounds and rounds here.  But I'm talking team and team concepts.  All of you that are disgruntled are looking for one or two (Gruden and Allen) people to balme.  Can't blame one or two, then love on Monte and the defense.  It's a team effort from Malcolm to the towel boy...

Why you hating (pun intended) on my sig dawg?  ROFLMBAO!!! ;) :D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

STRICK-9

Starter

#43 : March 06, 2008, 07:17:59 AM

I know people are upset with the lack of involvement in Free Agency; however, had we spent the money required to match or better what Berrian & Walker received there would have been a mutiny on this board.  Frankly, I'm amazed people are complaining we didn't make a run at some of these FA's.  The only one that signed a respectable deal that we should've trumped was Briggs....but even then people would've complained how we treated D. Brooks.

I'm sorry but Brooks is at the end of his career and when we don't have Briggs lining up on the Weak or Strong side in another year it will hurt this team.  IMHO, Briggs wasn't signed b/c of the backlash associated with the Lynch and Sapp releases, although it is funny b/c Sapp wasn't signed b/c Booger got the money and Lynch refused a pay cut and didnot want to compete for a starting job. 

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 06, 2008, 08:04:59 AM

I know people are upset with the lack of involvement in Free Agency; however, had we spent the money required to match or better what Berrian & Walker received there would have been a mutiny on this board. Frankly, I'm amazed people are complaining we didn't make a run at some of these FA's. The only one that signed a respectable deal that we should've trumped was Briggs....but even then people would've complained how we treated D. Brooks.

I'm sorry but Brooks is at the end of his career and when we don't have Briggs lining up on the Weak or Strong side in another year it will hurt this team. IMHO, Briggs wasn't signed b/c of the backlash associated with the Lynch and Sapp releases, although it is funny b/c Sapp wasn't signed b/c Booger got the money and Lynch refused a pay cut and didnot want to compete for a starting job.

Everything you said about Brooks is probably true.  But he's not the only concern with that move.  What does it say about Cato June?  First you dis the Hall of Famer then you piss of the supposed hier apparent in June.  Not a good move all the way around.  I know Briggs is the best out there or was, but you just can't do DB that way.  Players around the league look at that crap.  The haters are already saying players don't wanna come here to play for the coach.  You think they'll be flocking here if we treat one of the greatess players in franchise and league history like crap?  I doubt it.  We fans have to temper our wants for success at any cost with the ramifications of those actions and come to the reality of the situation.  Which is we have capable people to stup up and in, they have to develop.  Plus we just signed every FA lb left gotta find a guy out of what we already have and the addition of these guys...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let me get this straight, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools