Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs free agent history « previous next »
Page: 1

escobar

Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2006, 08:02:38 PM

Yeah when we had all of that cap room those years I guess we should have attempted to get other players, oh wait...

Why is it that the most glaring problems this team has which have nothing to do with Gruden always get ignored? He didn't give up those picks to bring him here, he didn't spend two first rounders and a second rounder on Kenyatta and Booger, he didnt spend two first rounders on Keyshawn, he didn't create all of the salary cap mess that has now been sorted out by Allen, and he sure as hell wasn't going to spend premium draft picks on a defense that always finished in the top 10 when our offense had no talent whatsoever. This is Gruden's first offseason with us where he will actually have money AND picks. How about you wait until it is over before you claim he can't spend the money/picks wisely. Hmm, I know, you won't wait for that because that means you wouldn't get a chance to complain later. You want to complain now in case he proves you wrong, you know, gotta get it out of your system.

Bucs33

Second String

#1 : December 04, 2006, 07:23:20 PM

with that logic why don't you throw in Ryan Leaf back in 2001, we got him for $150 for the waiver contract (even though that was a rip off)

I always am amazed with this board that everyone is so extreme on all their views, like everything is black and white and cut and dry. 

Yes, I want Gruden fired, yes I think clayton has been a disapointment amongst all the discussion.  But there IS a grey area with everything Bucs topic, it jsut depends which shade of grey you believe in,

back to this thread, just in 2002 we also got as FA's Pittman, Dilger, Joe Jurevicius, Kerry Jenkins, Greg Spires, and Rob Johnson (yeah say what you want about how bad he is but he DID manage 2 gmaes in 2002 to help win the division). All had at least some small part in helping the Bucs win the super bowl

However, yes we have had some bad pick ups, but i will gladly take the good with the bad. 

While this year has numbed me by this point, I always used to say that I'd trade one super bowl win for another 2 decades of losing. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2006, 06:39:15 PM

The first few guys in the Gruden era were an attempt to keep a winning team from going under. The other guys were fairly low-budget, fairly low-risk contracts due to cap constraints. I think you'll see some different results this time around.

#3 : December 04, 2006, 06:04:51 PM

First off .... you act like Boston / Fonoti / Tucker / Winborn were worth loads of money..oh and nice job not mention Bryant, Hovan, Ike, ect.

smma

Second String

#4 : December 04, 2006, 05:36:17 PM

David Boston, Toniu Fonoti, Torrin Tucker, Jamie Winborn, Mario Edwards, Tim Brown, Dwayne Rudd, Terrell Buckley, Ken Dilger, Jack Golden, Kerry Jenkins, Derrick Deese, Matt Stinchcomb, Charlie Garner

Be very afraid this offseason.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs free agent history « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools