Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: March 06, 2008, 12:17:17 PM

Galloway & Clayton for Fitzgerald then draft Desean Jackson.

As crazy as it sounds...  I'd fall out of my chair impressed...

#1 : March 06, 2008, 12:00:53 PM

Interesting read for blockbuster trade fans...

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2262

"...Whisenhunt acknowledged that the continued inability to work out a new contract with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is part of the reason. Fitzgerald carries a $16.5 million salary cap figure right now.

Asked if the team was holding back on free agency because of the standstill in the Fitzgerald talks, Whisenhunt said “it is pretty close to that, yes.”..."

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 06, 2008, 12:03:25 PM

i dont want to get my hopes up cause its sounds to good to be true that we trade for him

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 06, 2008, 12:09:18 PM

i'd give up a first and one of clayton & stovall in a heartbeat, and just swallow that contract whole for this year....work out a long-term extension and fat bonus next year....it's a cap-saver for them, so they might be willing to accept a little less....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 06, 2008, 12:12:54 PM

Galloway and a first

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 06, 2008, 12:14:01 PM

Galloway and a first

then we're right back to 1 bona fide NFL starter.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 06, 2008, 12:14:32 PM

Galloway & Clayton for Fitzgerald then draft Desean Jackson.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 06, 2008, 12:19:07 PM

Galloway and a first

But he wouldn't be old as dirt and injury prone, and can play physical football.  We will also have a draft pick to compete with Ike, Stovall and Clayton.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 06, 2008, 12:23:56 PM

and he can also make all the catches galloway cant

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 06, 2008, 12:29:09 PM

Galloway and a first

But he wouldn't be old as dirt and injury prone, and can play physical football.  We will also have a draft pick to compete with Ike, Stovall and Clayton.

yeah, but that's basically spending your top 2 picks (or 2 of your top  3 at least if you're looking for a guy who can start early) on WRs....as finicky as we've been at the FA table, we need to improve lots of positions in the draft....if our first is spent acquiring a WR either in trade or draft, we need to look at other positions, like CB and DL, in rounds 2 and 3....i think the strategy is a little different, because we're more than 1 or 2 players from getting over the top, and some of our best players at other positions (besides WR) are still getting close to the end of the line....

galloway may have his warts, but i can promise you a seriously downgraded running game if you're talking about a starting tandem of fitzgerald and hilliard....that's a formula for 8 or 9 in the box every down.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 06, 2008, 12:43:26 PM

I'd take Fitz one on one outside all day.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 06, 2008, 12:51:13 PM

If this happens, I'll take all the money I was saving for a Michael Turner Bucs jersey and immediately place an order for a Larry Fitz. Wow would that be huge -- both in terms of contract & pay, but also for cranking up the optimism for next season! Depends on what has to be given up, but he sure would look nice in a Bucs uniform.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 06, 2008, 01:08:50 PM

Fitzgerald is much better than Galloway, no questions asked. I'd love to see us deal for him but I just can't see it.  Sign Bryant Johnson and trade Galloway and a 1st as Bradentonian said, and our offense will be so much better.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 06, 2008, 01:57:37 PM

Any trade for fitz would have to come with some kind of quarantee that he'd renegociate his contract.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#14 : March 06, 2008, 02:04:49 PM

At this point, I could see a 7 yr deal that top's Walker's and Moss for salary, guarantees, etc.  It's time to get that guy here...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools