Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#15 : March 06, 2008, 02:09:14 PM

Sweet, lets trade for him.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : March 06, 2008, 02:16:11 PM

Let me ask you guys this...did you see any indication that the Cards were prepared to trade Fitzgerald to the Bucs or any other team in that article?

No.

It's easy to assume that they'd be willing to trade him because of their Cap situation, but for all intents and purposes there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency coming out of the Ariz FO. It's believed they laughed at and two draft pick offer from the Eagles. It really seems that they're prepared to keep Fitzgerald.

In other words don't hold you breath or get you hopes up for this one happening. And if it did happen, I'd gleefully come back and eat crow right here all day!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2008, 02:18:11 PM

08 and 09 #1's is probably a start.

#18 : March 06, 2008, 02:22:49 PM

With all the smoke and mirrors going on... who knows what indications are what. To your question is it really no or really yes? The only one that knows is Allen/Dimitroff, everything else negative or positive on a fan board is speculation (which is a great thing about being a fan, IMO)  

I do know if I am in the business of getting the players here in this market,  I'm all about smoke and mirrors publicly.

As a lifetime fan of the game and the Buccaneers, I want to be optimistic now and enjoy the rose colored glasses.  

goobtube

Starter

#19 : March 06, 2008, 02:37:12 PM

Larry's a beast= instant upgrade at WR= exactly what we need.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#20 : March 06, 2008, 02:37:56 PM

I'm optimistic about things too, but we haven't heard even the slightest peep that the Bucs are even interested in aquiring Fitzgerald. We all hope Bruce is working some magic, but it might as well be false hope. AnWhen it doesn't happen everyone will be screaming bloody murder that Bruce didn't get it done when he had a chance, but my point is that for all we know the Cards aren't interested in trading him. They've said that publicly now a few times.

goobtube

Starter

#21 : March 06, 2008, 02:42:21 PM

Bucs are "stealth", but I still don't see them pulling it off.

#22 : March 06, 2008, 02:48:21 PM

"...haven't heard even the slightest peep..."  We won't IMO.   (We never do, until it's happening.) Still, my fingers are crossed and my pewter colored glasses are comfortable right now...  :)

12thbuc

Starter

#23 : March 06, 2008, 03:45:16 PM

Galloway & Clayton for Fitzgerald then draft Desean Jackson.

i would love that, and i would love wearing a Fitz Bucs jersey

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 06, 2008, 04:15:22 PM

Don't forget that Bruce and the Tampa-area media don't exactly sit down next together at Thanksgiving dinner, nor should they. So doubt he's going to give the media even one scrap of info about what he's planning or has in the works. Right now it's just fun to imagine the "what ifs" if you're a fan. Not realistically going to believe any of this will actually happen.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 06, 2008, 04:27:39 PM

To me, Buenning, Stovall, Will Allen, hilliard and Clayton are all expendable. Anything that involves any of them and maybe a pick would be worth it to me for Fitzgerald. If the Cards took that though, they would be pretty dumb...

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 06, 2008, 04:16:25 PM

no way would the want a 36 yr old WR and a bum for Fitz... im sorry but that wouldnt happen...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 06, 2008, 04:24:37 PM

I would love to get Fitz. I just don't know that we have enough to get him. We would definately give up at least our first this year and probably a third next, then I think we could throw in Buenning because they need help on there OL or maybe Davis and then probably Clayton. That might get the trade done.

12thbuc

Starter

#28 : March 06, 2008, 04:30:17 PM

what about a 2nd this year and a first next and Clayton.

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#29 : March 06, 2008, 04:40:12 PM

I think we should get the Cardinals GM in a room, tie him up and force him to sign a trade contract that would send Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Leinart for us to us for 2 7th round picks, a krispy kreme dougnut, Chris Simms, Grads, & Griese....haha

then we'll force Leinart and Fitzgerald to sign for a 6-yr deal at the league min...

man am i a good negotiator!

But in all seriousness, I'd be willing to give a first for him, not sure if I'd want to give him a first and a second, and then make him the highest paid WR tho...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools