Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SeoulMan

Rookie

#30 : March 06, 2008, 05:07:36 PM

As bradentonian said, I would trade Galloway and a first round pick for him. I think there is not a player on our roster I would not trade for him.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 06, 2008, 05:18:46 PM

You guys haven't even scratched the surface of the cost it would take to get Fitzgerald...

Galloway or Clayton and a 1st for Fitzgerald? Hilarious guys, really!

The Cards wouldn't take Sheppard who isn't 40 like Galloway, has made pro bowls and has a really nice game at CB and a 1st round draft pick too boot. You think they would take a 37 year old guy that practices once per week and has at most 1 good year left in him and our 1st round pick (20) for Fitzgerald??? Where do you guys dream up these ideas...?

Baghead #2

rpp224

Starter

#32 : March 06, 2008, 06:18:59 PM

It was rumored up until last year's draft, that the Lions were wanting all of the Bucs' first day picks for their first rounder (for Calvin Johnson). The guy had a decent rookie season. Would you be wanting the bucs to make the same type of deal for a more proven receiver in Fitzgerald?

#33 : March 06, 2008, 06:27:53 PM

Let me ask you guys this...did you see any indication that the Cards were prepared to trade Fitzgerald to the Bucs or any other team in that article?

No.

I'm lookin for that as well.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 06, 2008, 06:28:43 PM

It was rumored up until last year's draft, that the Lions were wanting all of the Bucs' first day picks for their first rounder (for Calvin Johnson). The guy had a decent rookie season. Would you be wanting the bucs to make the same type of deal for a more proven receiver in Fitzgerald?

But we are going to give them a 37 year old who practices once a week and MAYBE has one more good year left in the tank and then our first. They would be crazy to turn that down!!

If that didn't work then we would throw in our gem, Clayton, making it Galloway, Clayton and our first...LOL!!!! Surely that would get the deal done!!

Get off the video games games...

Yeah did we just dream up this was even a possibility in the first place fellas???

Baghead #2

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 06, 2008, 06:53:18 PM

no player is worth that. 

rpp224

Starter

#36 : March 06, 2008, 08:55:47 PM

no player is worth that.

I agree, but you never know due to what the Bucs gave up to get Gruden.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 06, 2008, 09:22:10 PM

no player is worth that.

I agree, but you never know due to what the Bucs gave up to get Gruden.

Four draft picks and some cash for a SB ring?  DONE!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 06, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

I think we have a better shot at Chad Johnson than we do with Fitzgerald. :-

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#39 : March 06, 2008, 10:04:34 PM

I don't believe anyone who has all their hopes on Fitzgerald and/or Johnson should become too confident. I honestly don't see either player being traded, and I think if we get a playmaker WR it'll be by draft, not by trades..

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 06, 2008, 10:10:07 PM

So you're saying that we will place all our hopes on an unproven rookie reciever this season in the draft, and then expect to finish better than 6-10 or maybe 7-9(ehhhh, ain't gonna happen).

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 06, 2008, 10:15:31 PM

Speaking of what it took to get Gruden here.... alright how's this = 2008 1st round pick + 2009 2nd round pick + jon gruden = larry fitzgerald. YAY! He's probably worth more than our players are =( How sad is that
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Fitzgerald - Update - Link « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools