Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troupe is a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#75 : March 08, 2008, 12:38:53 PM

You know I love the signing of Troupe! I really do, I believe he is a beast who is big fast and a good target that we need! but for those who say good riddance to Stevens, I dont know about that, off the field issues in the past was his downfall, but here in Tampa which is all I care about- He didnt do anything stupid, AND though it wasnt much- everytime the ball was thrown to him he either bailed us out with an amazing catch or a TD!

Exactly...why the FO won't sign a guy who has caught "everything" thrown his way, is beyond me.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 08, 2008, 03:44:13 PM

he's young so that is good, but I rather see Alex Smith remaining the legit starter with Troupe mixing in

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 08, 2008, 07:26:55 PM

It is my belief that Garcia really desires to get Alex Smith out into a pattern much more often. I believe he is one of the "playmakers already on the roster" that Jeff has alluded to. Let's hope that Luke is healthy and can anchor the left side, that Faine solidifies the interior, and that a more experienced and mature Trueblood can hold his own enough at RT so that Smith can actually run routes instead of hanging back to block.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : March 08, 2008, 08:40:21 PM

I like the Troupe pick up - I thought he was a great TE in college and wanted the buccs to get him in the draft.  He had the size, strength, ability to catch the ball, as well as speed and agility - I really like the FA move.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#79 : March 08, 2008, 08:57:37 PM

I like the Troupe pick up - I thought he was a great TE in college and wanted the buccs to get him in the draft.  He had the size, strength, ability to catch the ball, as well as speed and agility - I really like the FA move.

Let's hope he stays healthy d.

I wouldn't mind Smith, Troupe and Stevens battling it out in TC. It's been awhile since the team has carried 4 TEs on the roster unless one of them can LS. Gilmore's probably a lock at this point.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#80 : March 08, 2008, 09:14:43 PM

I will say one thing about the coach - he sure likes having TEs and QBs a plenty... lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#81 : March 09, 2008, 01:10:17 AM

High second round selection by the Titans, had a good rookie season on a bad team. I'm very happy that we signed him.  Feels like a steal.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#82 : March 09, 2008, 10:42:41 AM

I favor resigning Stevens as well. He would be even more effective after a full year in the system and could take up some slack while Troupe and Gilmore adapt. Who cares if a receiver is a TE or a WR as long as they catch the ball and move the chains. Clayton might as well be a TE since he has been more involved in down field blocking than he has receiving. Most DBs and some LBs struggle when they have to tackle a 270 lb TE one on one. It makes me wonder if Gruden has a four TE set in his playbook.

Whatever went on in Seattle should have been dealt with then and there. It wasn't and that's the responsibility of the authorities there. If a case can be made and it's not beyond the statute of limitations, he should be brought to trial. I find it very peculiar that someone waited so long to publicize the charges. The guy makes his living playing football. That's his job. He should be allowed to do his job as long as he is not proven to be a danger to society. While employed by the Bucs he stayed out of trouble and performed well whenever asked. I believe it would benefit the Bucs and Stevens to bring him back.

Most human beings either should have been jailed or have been jailed for some bad idea that seemed like fun at the time. If everyone who deserved to be imprisoned at one time or another,  went all at once, there would be nobody left to guard us.

I look forward to the '08 season and hope Stevens is there to help the Bucs be the first team to play for a league championship in their home stadium.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#83 : March 09, 2008, 10:45:19 AM

That would be nice, spark.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#84 : March 09, 2008, 03:04:18 PM

I favor resigning Stevens as well. He would be even more effective after a full year in the system and could take up some slack while Troupe and Gilmore adapt. Who cares if a receiver is a TE or a WR as long as they catch the ball and move the chains. Clayton might as well be a TE since he has been more involved in down field blocking than he has receiving. Most DBs and some LBs struggle when they have to tackle a 270 lb TE one on one. It makes me wonder if Gruden has a four TE set in his playbook.

Whatever went on in Seattle should have been dealt with then and there. It wasn't and that's the responsibility of the authorities there. If a case can be made and it's not beyond the statute of limitations, he should be brought to trial. I find it very peculiar that someone waited so long to publicize the charges. The guy makes his living playing football. That's his job. He should be allowed to do his job as long as he is not proven to be a danger to society. While employed by the Bucs he stayed out of trouble and performed well whenever asked. I believe it would benefit the Bucs and Stevens to bring him back.

Most human beings either should have been jailed or have been jailed for some bad idea that seemed like fun at the time. If everyone who deserved to be imprisoned at one time or another,  went all at once, there would be nobody left to guard us.

I look forward to the '08 season and hope Stevens is there to help the Bucs be the first team to play for a league championship in their home stadium.

Some good points there sparky. It would be nice to see all four TEs on the roster.

I wonder if it was a Buc fan that had a hand in that newspaper article.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#85 : March 09, 2008, 06:24:29 PM

From what I have gathered, Troupe is not a willing blocker, and has had issues catching the ball.  Plus the broken ankle thing...

He is just a "meh" signing, IMO.

Would rather have had Stevens, and that is pretty much the truth.  I could care less about his past.  At present, he is a decent tight end who caught the ball quite well, made some great plays.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#86 : March 09, 2008, 10:19:03 PM

I didn't follow Troupe during his time with Tennessee.  My recollections are from his play at Florida - where he blocked adequately, caught the ball well and was overall very athletic.  No reason for Stevens not to be signed - I just like the signing. 

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troupe is a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools