Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boy, we really DO stink « previous next »
Page: 1 2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 03, 2006, 08:13:04 PM

He should be getting incrementally better.  His completion % was good today but he made two terrible decisions and made a poor pass to Stovall that resulted in the other INT.

I think given he was back in Pittsburgh he tried to force things trying to make something big happen.

At this point I think the Bucs are in a poor position.  Simms doesn't fit the offense, there aren't any good FA Qb's available, and there's a real lack of QB talent in the draft.

Tough spot for Gruden/Allen.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2006, 08:17:23 PM

Sad to say that the bucs are the team that everyone is looking to for the "cure-all" game to get back on track. Really hurts to say that, but it's the truth. Bucs have become the league's punching bag and the only thing in question is how much we'll lose by. Where's my orange jersey?

bucswin5540

Second String

#17 : December 03, 2006, 08:21:02 PM

Grads looked sharp today. His passes were crisp. Very impressive.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 03, 2006, 08:21:46 PM

You also have to remember that he had the reigns put on him early on where he would
throw the ball at the receivers' feet to avoid an INT. It seems those reins have been
taken off and you're now seeing the typical rookie mistakes/ints as he forces balls
that should be thrown away.

On that first INT, did anybody else notice that Clayton looked wide open with
seperation beyond his defender?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 03, 2006, 08:27:01 PM

grad is just doing what young QB's do, after facing the defences he has faced this year i have to think it will only make him better, just give the kid some time and some good WR's

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 03, 2006, 08:50:58 PM

Just wait till the Browns kick the BUcs ass!

At that point, I think Gruden might want to look around BY HIMSELF for a job, because with a three win season, he has got to be nervous.  And yes, I like Gruden.

And if Gruden goes, Simms HAS to resign.

BEcause Grads is not EVER going to be this teams QB of the future, he is not going to win a Lombardi.  He is only mobile enough to run for 10 yards a game, his accuracy is god awful, and rook or not, he is not making strides in his game at all.

Yeah the Clayton thing was bad, but really, not much too see in Gradkowski.  I feel bad for Gruden if he is putting all his eggs in one Gradkowski basket.  Bruce is a nice backup for a few games, and that is all.

Isn't it obvious by now?

I mean Leinart and Young are making big strides in improvement (not in stats so much, but in the way they lead a team).  And Young is working with just as much talent as the Bucs are.  Actually, I think Grads has better tools to work with.

Grads...it was fun and all (not), but next year, you are a backup, no doubt.

Please re-sign Simms...JUST IN CASE.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 03, 2006, 08:59:35 PM

Re-signing Simms does nothing if Gruden remains the coach.  Hopefully there's a cap casualty out there who can come in and I don't mean Leftwich.

#22 : December 03, 2006, 08:59:45 PM

I love my Buccaneers. I love them so, so much. That's why it hurts so much to watch this sort of thing.

They stink. They ALL stink. Once in a while somebody makes a play, and that's about it.

We stop the run, and teams can pass on us at will. We limit the pass, and they can run it down our throat. We make nice gains on the ground and fumble the ball away. We have guys open and can't get them the ball, and then we put the ball right in their hands wide open on their way to the end zone and they can't catch it.

Ah, well. Here's looking forward to the offseason and a high draft pick.

I thought we played good defense today.  If the offense could do anything, the D would look considerably better,

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 03, 2006, 09:00:49 PM

The pass defense remains terrible.  Those two TD passes they were wide open, like no one within 5 yards.

The quickest remedy is a serious upgrade on the D-line.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 03, 2006, 10:03:23 PM

We can't cover anyone.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 03, 2006, 10:31:38 PM

Welcome to the 80's!!!!! Please, no more threads saying bump until we resign White. He did nothing out there today that shows he will ever be anything more than average.

BucsAddict

Starter

#26 : December 03, 2006, 10:59:44 PM

why do you hate the bucs so much?  ;)

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boy, we really DO stink « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools