Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pitt and the Roethlisburglar « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 01, 2006, 01:17:02 PM

Looking at Big Ben's struggles this year, I can't help but place a fair portion of the lame on his injuries early in the year effecting his conditioning and timing.  Couple that with a few key losses, and this is the result, right?

What about this:

Over his first two years, averaging 13 games played/year, he had an average of 280 pass attempts in those years.

This year, in only 10 games, he has 347 attempts.  This is a startling increase.  He's had to pass, because they've been behind.  They've been behind because they can't run the ball.

The recipe for beating this team this Sunday is tackling Parker and pressuring Ben, and running the ball.

Can the Bucs do it?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 01, 2006, 01:27:05 PM

Big Ben might play a whole lot better if the Bucs dont get a pass rush on him

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 01, 2006, 02:45:03 PM

Pressure? With who?

Tackle-you mean the first shot we get or the fourth or fifth last one that finally does it?

Buening is out, so we are going to run successfully with Mahan in the lineup?

Just questions-no answers.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#3 : December 01, 2006, 02:54:36 PM

Pressure? With who?

Tackle-you mean the first shot we get or the fourth or fifth last one that finally does it?

Buening is out, so we are going to run successfully with Mahan in the lineup?

Just questions-no answers.

Dude, I wasn't saying we were going to do it.  I admit it doesn't look good.

Then again, they don't llok so good either, and teams have victimized them in the ways I mentioned all year.

Upside, though: we're probably getting Wyms back, and the line actually looked much better with him in there.  We'll see.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 01, 2006, 04:25:55 PM

I'd be surprised if Rothlis... doesn't pass for 250+ yards and a pair of TDs against the team. My hope is that the offense can somehow pull a miracle score more than Pitt does.

#5 : December 01, 2006, 05:00:22 PM

I'd be surprised if Rothlis... doesn't pass for 250+ yards and a pair of TDs against the team. My hope is that the offense can somehow pull a miracle score more than Pitt does.

They have no Hines Ward, though.  I think we have a decent chance in this game, I really do.

#6 : December 02, 2006, 01:50:43 AM

no Willie Reid either

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : December 02, 2006, 02:53:39 AM

Does anyone think it
s wierd that Pitt got got beat by Baltimore exactly the same amount that we did?  Atl east our qb didn't get sacked NINE times like Big Ben did.    :o :P

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 02, 2006, 02:55:00 AM

Does anyone think it
s wierd that Pitt got got beat by Baltimore exactly the same amount that we did?  Atl east our qb didn't get sacked NINE times like Big Ben did. :o :P
Yeah he just threw them picks that led to 17 pt's [banghead]

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2006, 12:57:30 PM

The recipe for beating this team this Sunday is tackling Parker and pressuring Ben, and running the ball.

Can the Bucs do it?

that is the recipe for beating any team: stop your opponent from running the ball to make them one dimensional and run the ball well yourself to control the clock.  based on this year, no i dont think we can do it.  i think we can run the ball fairly well if we commit to it, but defensively we are very poor this year.  our pass rush, even when we blitz, is nonexistent.  then look at our beat up secondary.  we have ronde and a bunch of slappies back there.  if I'm Ben I'm licking my chops to play us. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pitt and the Roethlisburglar « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools