Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Antonio Bryant!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: March 10, 2008, 06:17:20 PM

Bucs just signed Antonio Bryant...working on a link. I work for a TV station and they just sent a fax over to the sports department.

Here is what ProFootballTalk had to say about the signing. It looks like a very cap friendly deal if this is true.

ANTONIO RETURNS

After one year and two games out of the NFL, receiver Antonio Bryant is returning to the NFL.

Per various media reports, Bryant has agreed to terms with the Buccaneers.  According to a league source, it's a one-year deal worth a little more than the minimum, and Bryant is not currently subject to any suspensions.

The last we heard from Bryant, he had filed suit against the league, challenging the prohibition against alcohol use on personal time under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act.  Though the facts aren't clear, our guess is that Bryant's eligibility to return to the NFL was part of a negotiated settlement of the claim.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#1 : March 10, 2008, 06:18:28 PM

Can he keep his ducks in a row ? If so, great news.

noopy2237

Starter
#2 : March 10, 2008, 06:19:55 PM

Did he even play last season?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 10, 2008, 06:20:50 PM

I am suprised it took them so long to consider him.   If he can put his past issues behind him he would be a good pickup.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 10, 2008, 06:21:14 PM

Did he even play last season?
Nope.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 10, 2008, 06:21:28 PM

Per Wikipedia:

Bryant was selected in the 2002 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys, but in 2004 he was traded to the Cleveland Browns for wide receiver Quincy Morgan after a heated exchange with head coach Bill Parcells. After spending two seasons with the Browns, Bryant would later sign as a free agent with the 49ers in 2006.

Following a victory over the Seattle Seahawks on November 19, 2006, Bryant was arrested after his Lamborghini was seen speeding faster than 100 mph on Highway 101. He was charged with su**CENSORED**ion of misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, driving under the influence, and resisting arrest. As a result, Bryant was suspended for four games by the NFL. He sat out the final two games of the 2006 season, and was scheduled to sit out the first two games of the 2007 season.

On March 1, 2007, however, Bryant was released by the 49ers because of clashes with head coach Mike Nolan. This came one year after he signed a four year, $14 million dollar contract.[1]

On September 17, 2007 he was reinstated by the league, but has not been able to sign with a team, partly because of a failed drug test over the summer. In October 2007 Bryant filed a lawsuit against the NFL to try to get them to stop drug testing him since he is not currently a player, and to drop the failed drug test. [1]In December 2007, the case was resolved without the details being released.[

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#6 : March 10, 2008, 06:23:54 PM

Good player...hard to handle...but Dr. Chuck doesn't back down from these divas with cleats. If anyone can get him to play it's Jon, either that or he'll probably not play in the NFL again.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#7 : March 10, 2008, 06:25:47 PM

I see we're still sifting thru the trash:

5-23-07
With two games remaining in the 2006 regular season, the NFL suspended Bryant four games for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. As a result, Bryant missed the final two games of the ’06 regular season and was released by the 49ers on Mar. 1. If he signs with the Buccaneers or another NFL team, Bryant will miss the first two regular season games of the 2007 season as part of his suspension from last year. Bryant is, however, allowed to participate in training camp and preseason.

Isn't this the guy that threw the jersey at Parcells?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 10, 2008, 06:27:35 PM

I see we're still sifting thru the trash:

5-23-07
With two games remaining in the 2006 regular season, the NFL suspended Bryant four games for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. As a result, Bryant missed the final two games of the ’06 regular season and was released by the 49ers on Mar. 1. If he signs with the Buccaneers or another NFL team, Bryant will miss the first two regular season games of the 2007 season as part of his suspension from last year. Bryant is, however, allowed to participate in training camp and preseason.

Isn't this the guy that threw the jersey at Parcells?
One and the same.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 10, 2008, 06:27:48 PM

Why am I having David Boston flashbacks?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2008, 06:27:56 PM

I guess we had to sign somebody to take Stevens' place as resident DUI punk

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 10, 2008, 06:28:28 PM

Antonio "Tiger Woodes" Bryant

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : March 10, 2008, 06:28:42 PM

Waste of a roster spot

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 10, 2008, 06:30:42 PM

When I first popped this thread I thought it said Anthony Bryant. You know, 300+++ lb former DL just cut by the Fins.

Then I got a visual of him in that Lambourghini. Priceless. Then I looked up.... :-[

A Bryant has talent, no question about that. Maybe he'll realize this is probably be his last chance and get it together. Fingers crossed. :-

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : March 10, 2008, 06:32:18 PM

We are winning the SuperBowl next seaon, guaranteed.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign Antonio Bryant!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools