Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#15 : March 10, 2008, 07:36:49 PM

They'll have different duties is all.

jobuc597

Second String
#16 : March 10, 2008, 07:55:49 PM

I was on the fence about Dunn,  But I think now this could be good. It looks like we are commited to offence.

jameswilder

Starter

#17 : March 10, 2008, 08:36:46 PM

I like this signing. I'm one not wanting to re-live the past, but, I still think Warrick can contribute to the team. 2 million guaranteed on the contract, it's not like he signed a Bernard Berrian type contract. Another smart signing, and I hope he can school Ken Darby who I think has the potential to become the next Warrick Dunn.

I also think Pittman will resign after no other team throws out offers, so the backfield looks like Graham, Askew, Bennett, Dunn, (hopefully) Pittman, Darby and a possible draft choice. Williams will most likely never play again, atleast not in 08.

I could feel comfortable with that stable of backs. Just thinking of a 2nd down and 4 with Dunn and Bennett lined up in the backfield. Moving the chains baby, moving the chains.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 10, 2008, 08:54:41 PM

Having Dunn on third down out of the backfield catching passes from Garcia is gonna be SICK.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 10, 2008, 09:10:36 PM

Warrick Dunn is one of my all-time favorite Seminoles, up there with Ward & Brooks.  When he left to go to Atlanta, it was like he died.  BUT NOW HE'S ALIVE AGAIN!

#20 : March 10, 2008, 09:11:48 PM

GREAT news! A back who can catch the ball out of the backfield. I mean Pittman could do that but I don't think he has the elusiveness of Dunn. We will see. I hope it works out because I never did take my framed picture of Warrick Dunn off my wall!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 10, 2008, 09:31:49 PM

this means the Draft will go primarily towards Defense

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 10, 2008, 09:33:17 PM

It would sure look that way badabing - but withthe surprises of this evening who knows...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 10, 2008, 09:34:28 PM

Continuing to re stock the defense is never a bad thing.  I don't think they'll be as defensive heavy as last year, but a DT and corner are definite possibilities. 

Even with the signing of Dunn and the re signing of Bennett, it does not effect the Bucs' plans IMO. Dunn is not a long term answer, and the draft is an unknown. You can grab Dunn now and if the chips fall right, you can also pick up your younger back in the draft. Dunn just gives some insurance in case the right one isn't available when the pick comes around.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#24 : March 10, 2008, 09:38:13 PM

Awful.
How can you not be excited to get Dunn back? We have no running back depth. Dunn can retire as a Buc and go into the ring of honor. Even now he's still as good as Graham I'm sorry to tell you.
lol

Post again when you have any clue what your talking about. Dunn's numbers prove he's still got game!

Awful is your post! Jump off the bandwagon!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 10, 2008, 09:38:56 PM

Yeah, he'll be a big asset on 3rd downs.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 10, 2008, 09:41:10 PM

MarleyMon...I agree that the Bucs may still decide to draft a WR.....but I'd be suprised if the Bucs drafted a QB or RB with the expectation of them making the team.

We kept 3 backs last year and it looks like we'll keep 3 this year along with the fullbacks.

I could still see us drafting a WR, but I think we'll go about as defensive heavy as we did last year.  I'm guessing a DE, CB, and DT in 3 of the first 4 rounds.  I'm also guessing the one offensive position we will draft high will be an OT to back-up, and maybe eventually be our LT.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 10, 2008, 09:42:38 PM

Classy guy. Good player unless we're in circa 2000-2001 Philly. Between Graham and Dunn, we might get 1,800-2,000 yards rushing. Gotta like that.

In Verner We Trust

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 10, 2008, 10:49:52 PM

MarleyMon...I agree that the Bucs may still decide to draft a WR.....but I'd be suprised if the Bucs drafted a QB or RB with the expectation of them making the team.

We kept 3 backs last year and it looks like we'll keep 3 this year along with the fullbacks.

I could still see us drafting a WR, but I think we'll go about as defensive heavy as we did last year.  I'm guessing a DE, CB, and DT in 3 of the first 4 rounds.  I'm also guessing the one offensive position we will draft high will be an OT to back-up, and maybe eventually be our LT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Bennett is a lock to make the team. If a guy who can play special team like Chris Johnson is there in the third then he will take Bennett's place.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 10, 2008, 10:53:36 PM

I have to agree that Bennett isn't a lock but why re-sign him in the first place then?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools