Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 10, 2008, 11:03:39 PM

I have to agree that Bennett isn't a lock but why re-sign him in the first place then?

To ensure that the team has "somebody". At the time, Dunn wasn't available and the draft still hasn't happened.  IOW...insurance.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 10, 2008, 11:04:26 PM

What about Kenneth Darby? 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 10, 2008, 11:13:11 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/

March 10, 2008
Dunn talks about his return

So, you're excited about Warrick Dunn's return? Well, you'll be happy to know he shares your enthusiasm.

When reached by telephone tonight, Dunn told us he's ready to get to work in Tampa, where he expects winning will be more commonplace than in Atlanta.

"I'm just happy to be playing with a group of guys that have been playing hard, that have played well and are going out each week and competing," Dunn said. "I'm really thrilled about the opportunity to try to win some games and move forward. Right now, I don't know everyone, so I can't say a whole hell of a lot. But I'm looking forward to being part of the team and to come in and contribute any way I can."

On the irony of possibly ending his career where it began, Dunn said, "I think I said it a while ago: it's full circle to start your career in Tampa and have the opportunity to finish it there. I'm just really honored and humbled that the coaches believed in me and hopefully I can come in and get to know those guys and just continue doing what I've been doing."

Dunn offered some gratitude for Derrick Brooks, who lobbied the front office and Jon Gruden to acquire Dunn.

"I'm always thankful for Derrick," Dunn said. "He's always believed in me."

Regarding what Gruden told him of his role, Dunn said, "he told me to just got to go out and play my game and have fun."

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 10, 2008, 11:28:11 PM

I'm not really sure Dunn offers anything that we didn't already get from Pittman, who was IMO a little less run down.  As I've stated in another thread, the 3rd RB is usually a ST role, which casts some doubt into the role of Bennett.

DBHit55

Starter

#34 : March 10, 2008, 11:32:10 PM

graham bennet and dunn then caddy hopefuly coming back mid season... our depth is going to be nice.. i would have liked to see pittman come back but oh well

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 10, 2008, 11:33:53 PM

I'm not really sure Dunn offers anything that we didn't already get from Pittman, who was IMO a little less run down.  As I've stated in another thread, the 3rd RB is usually a ST role, which casts some doubt into the role of Bennett.

I agree.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 10, 2008, 11:36:07 PM

I'm not really sure Dunn offers anything that we didn't already get from Pittman, who was IMO a little less run down.  As I've stated in another thread, the 3rd RB is usually a ST role, which casts some doubt into the role of Bennett.

ELUSIVENESS...that's what he brings to the table that Pitt just didn't have.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#37 : March 10, 2008, 11:48:15 PM

How about elusiveness, vision, and a few 1,000 yard seasons (from his past)?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 10, 2008, 11:50:59 PM

How about elusiveness, vision, and a few 1,000 yard seasons (from his past)?

Agreed OpT...

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 10, 2008, 11:51:55 PM

MarleyMon...I agree that the Bucs may still decide to draft a WR.....but I'd be suprised if the Bucs drafted a QB or RB with the expectation of them making the team.

We kept 3 backs last year and it looks like we'll keep 3 this year along with the fullbacks.

I could still see us drafting a WR, but I think we'll go about as defensive heavy as we did last year.  I'm guessing a DE, CB, and DT in 3 of the first 4 rounds.  I'm also guessing the one offensive position we will draft high will be an OT to back-up, and maybe eventually be our LT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Bennett is a lock to make the team. If a guy who can play special team like Chris Johnson is there in the third then he will take Bennett's place.
Don't forget Bennett can return kicks. He did so at Wisconsin.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#40 : March 11, 2008, 02:02:24 AM

I'm glad to see Dunn back in town.  http://www.warrickdunnfoundation.org/homes_for_holidays.php

goobtube

Starter

#41 : March 11, 2008, 05:31:48 AM

It will be good to have a veteran back there. Should make some nice grabs out of the backfield. I like it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Warrick Dunn a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools