Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: March 12, 2008, 10:58:01 AM

Chev, I agree about the upcoming season being an important one for EG. It's hard to argue with the numbers and consistency he put last year though. What will be the feeling of those on this board if he is the featured back next year and runs for 1,400 yards and 13 TD's? I believe had he started the entire season last year that those would have been realistic numbers? I'm optimistic about next season, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially with our O-line!
I still love the fact Dunn is back in a Buc uniform and believe he will get double the touches Bennett does. Gruden will love what Dunn brings to the table and loves veterans.

Graham basically had a 1200 yard season last year. That's right around what he would have had as a starter for 16 games.

Projection vs Actual...do we understand that concept?  You can always exceed/fall below your projected.  Seeing as he didn't play for 16 games that's question number one.  Will ge get those types of numbers?  We don't know because we can't compare it to aan acctual for that period of time.  That's just fact...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 12, 2008, 10:27:19 AM

Chev, I agree about the upcoming season being an important one for EG.  It's hard to argue with the numbers and consistency he put last year though.  What will be the feeling of those on this board if he is the featured back next year and runs for 1,400 yards and 13 TD's?  I believe had he started the entire season last year that those would have been realistic numbers?  I'm optimistic about next season, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially with our O-line! 
I still love the fact Dunn is back in a Buc uniform and believe he will get double the touches Bennett does.  Gruden will love what Dunn brings to the table and loves veterans.

Graham basically had a 1200 yard season last year. That's right around what he would have had as a starter for 16 games.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 12, 2008, 10:23:36 AM

Let's be both honest and realistic here, Dunn is good for 6-7 carries and 2-3 catches a game ONLY while he's on the team next two years. ::)

That's right. If Dunn catches two balls on the first drive of a game, he's going to be pulled.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 12, 2008, 10:24:50 AM

Dunn was brought in to fill Pittman's shoes. He will be our 3rd down back.

1 - Graham
2 - Bennett
3 - Dunn

Graham will likely start. Dunn will be used more than Bennett IMHO because he'll run between the tackles more willingly than Bennett.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 12, 2008, 10:22:41 AM

I know all you Gators and bench warmer lovers are all in favor of my man EG.  And normally I'd be right there with you.  However, WD is just what JG has been looking for.  Small, quick, explosive, runs between the tackles, catches the ball out of the backfield, and picks up the blitz like no other back I've seen. 

I think Dun starts when it's all said and Dunn... ;D :D

Lineup will be Graham, Bennett, Dunn

Although Dunn has played here, he's had very limited exposure to Grudens playbook. He will be the 3rd stringer until he learns enough of it...and if the others excel at their positions, Dunn will stay a 3rd stringer.

That being said, the way Gruden makes use of RBs, a 3rd stringer could see quite a bit of playing time.

You really think Dunn doesn't have time to learn Gruden's playbook?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 10, 2008, 08:13:14 PM

I know all you Gators and bench warmer lovers are all in favor of my man EG.  And normally I'd be right there with you.  However, WD is just what JG has been looking for.  Small, quick, explosive, runs between the tackles, catches the ball out of the backfield, and picks up the blitz like no other back I've seen. 

I think Dun starts when it's all said and Dunn... ;D :D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 10, 2008, 08:14:20 PM

EG runs/plays - Dunn fits in all over the place. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 10, 2008, 08:15:05 PM

Serious?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 10, 2008, 08:15:44 PM

The Bucs will go with the en vogue multiple backs offense.  Not necessarily relying on one back to do all the work.  Mix in all three backs, and who knows, we might have another from the draft.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 10, 2008, 08:16:09 PM

EG runs/plays - Dunn fits in all over the place.

Come on dbuc, pick one...go out on the limb in March.  LOL

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2008, 08:17:30 PM

Come on, you guys are never without an opinion, now you're all political on me...PICK ONE!!!  LOL

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 10, 2008, 08:18:37 PM

Me, I'd pick Dunn, he's more versatile but Graham is the workhorse. Ultimately, I think it RBC.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#12 : March 10, 2008, 08:22:35 PM

I think it comes down to what Rosenhaus and GruAllen work out contractually. The dollars will dictate who the starter is.

Chev, is that politically correct enuff for ya?  ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 10, 2008, 08:23:11 PM

Gotta be Graham.  Dunn has been very uninspiring of late.  He would have been the perfect fir for Gruden, but it's years too late.  Graham can and should carry the load; let Dunn change the pace a bit, but that's all.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 10, 2008, 08:24:34 PM

wear down the D with graham, then let bennett and dunn hit 'em with the speed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools