Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

thanson

Starter

#120 : March 12, 2008, 05:07:25 AM

Dunn was brought in to fill Pittman's shoes. He will be our 3rd down back.

1 - Graham
2 - Bennett
3 - Dunn

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#121 : March 12, 2008, 07:32:22 AM

I'm a State of Florida fan.  I have no alliegience to any team.  Well maybe Miami, but I digress.  I keep saying take nothing away from EG.  He played well.  But the definition of last year will be the way he plays this year.  Do we all agree that if he comes out marinal or the same as Dunn in camp that it will be a dissappointment by the Graham cheering section?  I mean the way you guys speak just because of age and one year of running in this league that Graham is far and away better than Warrick at this point in their carreers?  I don't believe that to be the case.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#122 : March 12, 2008, 07:41:08 AM

I think Graham gets 200+ carries next season and Dunn gets 150+ touches. The fact is we're gonna need both with a little sprinkling of Bennett.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 12, 2008, 08:29:26 AM

C'mon people you are letting your Croc-fever get the best of you.  Graham played good last year but he was hardly a dominant force and a guy that other teams schemed against.  Graham does not strike fear into any team in this league. 

graham seemed to get the job done. 

Warrick is and will always be a better player than Graham.

probably so.

Bash Cadillac all you want but Cadillac, hell even Pittman are BETTER THAN GRAHAM.  For all those that bash Cadillac you need to check yourselves as Graham has not proven he can sustain ANYTHING. 

so does gruden have something against pittman?  why did all the carries go to graham?  and what has cadillac proved he can sustain? 

Talk all you want about almost getting 1,000 yards - who cares.  Its not how many yards you get, its when you get them and he was not the guy we went to when we needed the big play - it was Garcia. 

so you are saying when we needed a big play we called a pass rather than a run up the middle?  brilliant!

Graham surprised me last year but lets not all of the sudden claim he is all that - he could be a one year wonder like many other backs and players in this league. 

im gonna claim that graham is a tough runner that falls forward and churns out yards. 

Dunn: Better blocker, better catching the ball and more speed
Graham: Better Special Teams player and probably a little better inside the tackles

seems a bit biased to me.

He should get a contract extension but he is not worth more than Dunn and I would have liked to see out RB stable consist of Dunn, Pittman and Bennett with Graham playing a dual role of FB and Special Teams player.  OK, Graham is better than Bennett but he is not a better option than Pittman and/or Dunn.  In the end we will all see that Dunn is better and Graham was a one year wonder.  If Graham beats out Dunn and puts up 1,300 - 1,400 yards and 10 - 12 TD's I will be the first to say Graham is the back we should stick with, but I doubt I will ever have to say those words.

graham had 900 and 10td's in about 10 games this year, if our team stays healthy id bet on him getting it, and paying him 2 mil a year is peanuts. 

For those that said Norwood was better than Dunn that is the biggest joke - if that was the case why sign Michael Turner to that huge contract if Norwood is the man?  Warrick player behind a crap OL last year just like Cadillac did for years.
i wont argue ATL's OL.  but norwood averaged 6 yards a carry behind that line.  turner was signed because he's a bigger back, 35 pounds more than norwood.   

It is amazing how many of you want to compare Graham's numbers to Cadillac's yet you forget some simple things such as Graham had a better QB, FB and OL in front of him while Cadillac played behind a crap OL, crap FB (Alstott was a pathetic blocker) and JV QB's in Rattay, Gradsuckski and Simms.  When he actually had a QB in Griese he played very very good.  If you are going to compare numbers look at those things because they are totally relevant.

i agree with this point, which is why i would like to see us give caddy a chance in 2009. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#124 : March 12, 2008, 08:35:14 AM

Chev, I agree about the upcoming season being an important one for EG.  It's hard to argue with the numbers and consistency he put last year though.  What will be the feeling of those on this board if he is the featured back next year and runs for 1,400 yards and 13 TD's?  I believe had he started the entire season last year that those would have been realistic numbers?  I'm optimistic about next season, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially with our O-line!  
I still love the fact Dunn is back in a Buc uniform and believe he will get double the touches Bennett does.  Gruden will love what Dunn brings to the table and loves veterans.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#125 : March 12, 2008, 08:47:04 AM

I'm just speculating here based on what JG said before Warrick left and what I know Warrick to be as a back.  If EG does it again as a Buc fan I'll be doing back flips.  Does EG deserve the chance?  Too compete, yes!  Too be given the job, no.  One year does not make an everyday starting running back.  Especially one that has been a lifetime special teamer.  Love EG, just want him to earn it.  That's the plight of a guy who had to take the path EG took.  Not anybody's fault per se, just the way it is, IMO.  Even Davis in Denver had to prove it the second year after coming from meager beginnings...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#126 : March 12, 2008, 11:00:54 AM

I will take Graham reaching 1200 before Dunn.

If Les Steckel was the offensive coordinator I would be more inclined to believe Dunn could pull it off.

Askew is almost as good as Lo Neal in run blocking but the Bucs do have a nasty Frank Middleton (True is close).

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#127 : March 12, 2008, 11:01:30 AM

Chev, I agree about the upcoming season being an important one for EG. It's hard to argue with the numbers and consistency he put last year though. What will be the feeling of those on this board if he is the featured back next year and runs for 1,400 yards and 13 TD's? I believe had he started the entire season last year that those would have been realistic numbers? I'm optimistic about next season, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially with our O-line!
I still love the fact Dunn is back in a Buc uniform and believe he will get double the touches Bennett does. Gruden will love what Dunn brings to the table and loves veterans.

Graham basically had a 1200 yard season last year. That's right around what he would have had as a starter for 16 games.

Projection vs Actual...do we understand that concept? You can always exceed/fall below your projected. Seeing as he didn't play for 16 games that's question number one. Will ge get those types of numbers? We don't know because we can't compare it to aan acctual for that period of time. That's just fact...

Since I agree with you, I'm not sure why the arrogance.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#128 : March 12, 2008, 07:08:05 PM

Michael Bennett is now wishing he was on some other team.   He won't play at all with Dunn in Tampa.

goobtube

Starter

#129 : March 12, 2008, 07:23:07 PM

I think it should be an open competition and whoever is more productive will get the starting job. I see Graham as the starter and Dunn playing a Pittman role with Bennett getting a bigger package of plays that can showcase his speed.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#130 : March 12, 2008, 08:54:30 PM

The more of a committee we have the better.  We don't have a dominant runner so its up to Gruden to utilize the RBC.  I also think we need a FB who can carry the ball three or four times a game on the quick hitter.  Nothing fancy.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#131 : March 12, 2008, 09:18:11 PM

Chev, I agree about the upcoming season being an important one for EG. It's hard to argue with the numbers and consistency he put last year though. What will be the feeling of those on this board if he is the featured back next year and runs for 1,400 yards and 13 TD's? I believe had he started the entire season last year that those would have been realistic numbers? I'm optimistic about next season, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially with our O-line!
I still love the fact Dunn is back in a Buc uniform and believe he will get double the touches Bennett does. Gruden will love what Dunn brings to the table and loves veterans.

Graham basically had a 1200 yard season last year. That's right around what he would have had as a starter for 16 games.

Projection vs Actual...do we understand that concept? You can always exceed/fall below your projected. Seeing as he didn't play for 16 games that's question number one. Will ge get those types of numbers? We don't know because we can't compare it to aan acctual for that period of time. That's just fact...

Since I agree with you, I'm not sure why the arrogance.

My bad if I misunderstood your post...

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools