Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 10, 2008, 08:25:10 PM

EG runs/plays - Dunn fits in all over the place.

Come on dbuc, pick one...go out on the limb in March.  LOL

If I have to go with only a RB - it is EG.  

NOW - Chev - Dunn fits a lot of roles in this offense - from RB to slot to wide out - and he can play.  I have read all the "he has lost a step" posts - and frankly - the few times I saw him last year he looked like WD - with no one blocking.  Throw a block, make a play and I think he is dangerous all over again.

AND PS - I love the Bryant signing.  He and Galloway were a pair in Dallas pre - rottentuna.  Galloway will help him get on the right path - and that kid has talent.  Great day for the buccs IMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 10, 2008, 08:29:30 PM

Aight solid, solid takes.  I don't think Dunn has lost a step either.  I still think he's the most complete back we've ever had in Tampa...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 10, 2008, 08:34:00 PM

For the union of the fellowship I give my sword to Graham.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 10, 2008, 08:35:28 PM

I do think he has lost a step or two.  But I think he was three steps better than Bennet, so he is still a step ahead.  He will be good for the change of pace and as a receiving back.  Still Graham will be the starter, he is younger and stockier so he can handle more carries.  Dunn will get his share, but Graham gets the start.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 10, 2008, 08:38:46 PM

If the team decides to only carry one FB during the season would not be surprised to see a RB drafted if Stewart or Mendenhall are on the board at 20. With both Dunn and Bennett at 30 or old and Grham being a free agent after 2008, plus with the injury to Williams, and all the juniors that came out this year will leave the college landscape bare for a year, and next season the RB back class will be weak. it comes down to forecasting the future.

Will be interesting to see what happens as far as he gets the chance to start.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 10, 2008, 08:40:02 PM

I think it comes down to what Rosenhaus and GruAllen work out contractually. The dollars will dictate who the starter is.

Chev, is that politically correct enuff for ya? ;)

Way too political for me dawg...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 10, 2008, 08:40:47 PM

You know Chev, I can see a lot of scenarios where Graham AND Dunn line up in the backfield, then Dunn motions out to WR. Or maybe he lines up out there in the first place. I think Graham gets the most carries if Gruden's looking to just pound the rock, but Dunn and Bennett if it's a quick strike offense. Just really thrilled at the thought of Dunn coming back. Don't know who starts at RB, but don't you think Dunn gets announced at the first home game with the starting offense. The Ray Jay will be rocking at that point!   Great move by the Bucs, not only in terms of football, but as a PR move as well.
Can't wait until next year to see who the next player who never got to play with Gruden but always wanted to gets signed. So far, Jeff Garcia in 07, Warrick Dunn in 08.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 10, 2008, 08:45:11 PM

Chev,to get the most out of Dunn imo ;)they will use him as a 3rd down back... and i'll bet you a coke on that...a rested  Dunn all year will make us very dangerous all year ...he may get some of the Galloway special treatment.
 Â    Imagine him and Bennett lined up in the backfield together with Joey,Antonio and another speed merchant picked in the draft....those LBS tongues will be hanging out.
 Â  Chev...your boy got a 2 mill signing bonus and will only count 1 mill on the cap...and if Bennett or a draftee does well this year they could cut him loose and not be out that much ....hes a very good insurance policy.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 10, 2008, 08:45:26 PM

If the team decides to only carry one FB during the season would not be surprised to see a RB drafted if Stewart or Mendenhall are on the board at 20. With both Dunn and Bennett at 30 or old and Grham being a free agent after 2008, plus with the injury to Williams, and all the juniors that came out this year will leave the college landscape bare for a year, and next season the RB back class will be weak. it comes down to forecasting the future.

Will be interesting to see what happens as far as he gets the chance to start.

I don't have a feel for it Yuc, but with all of the rb's coming out we can still get a goodie later in the draft.  I think they are setting themselves up for the best player available.  Be nice if Laws falls to us....

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 10, 2008, 08:45:30 PM

You know Chev, I can see a lot of scenarios where Graham AND Dunn line up in the backfield, then Dunn motions out to WR.

Ugh...  Screw the "rocket backfield".  What we need is a bunch of pounding Graham behind Askew.  Over and over and over again.  That will move the chains, keep the defense fresh, and win us games.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 10, 2008, 08:47:30 PM

Askew leading blocking Graham or Dunn is a good thing.

Bruce I told you go out and sign Lo Neal.  He a weapon. 8)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 10, 2008, 08:48:40 PM

Chev,to get the most out of Dunn imo ;)they will use him as a 3rd down back... and i'll bet you a coke on that...a rested  Dunn all year will make us very dangerous all year ...he may get some of the Galloway special treatment.
 Â    Imagine him and Bennett lined up in the backfield together with Joey,Antonio and another speed merchant picked in the draft....those LBS tongues will be hanging out.
 Â  Chev...your boy got a 2 mill signing bonus and will only count 1 mill on the cap...and if Bennett or a draftee does well this year they could cut him loose and not be out that much ....hes a very good insurance policy.

I feel ya bro.  Not a bad theory.  But you're on with the coke.  LOL  Can't wait for camp.  I'm getting a little moist with this plethora of signings...LOL

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 10, 2008, 08:48:54 PM

RB by Committee.  

Graham 18-20 carries, 15 passing situations a game
Dunn 5-8 carries, 10 passing situations a game
Bennett 3-5 carries, 5 passing situations a game

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 10, 2008, 08:50:00 PM

Askew leading blocking Graham or Dunn is a good thing.

Bruce I told you go out and sign Lo Neal. He a weapon. 8)

Love me some Lo Neal, but Askew is a beast the Lo used to be.  I'll take our chances with Askew...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 10, 2008, 08:56:37 PM

I believe Warrick Dunn will be the starter for the team. He honestly gives this team the best chance to win play in and play out. With as little as he was used his last 2 years in ATL he should have fresh legs and be ready to compete in the FL sun where he has roamed through out his college and beginning NFL years.

Now don't get me wrong, Dodge Graham has been very very suprising and a solid RB when called upon. But by the team bringing Dunn in it shows maybe Graham is NOT QUITE ready to carry the load as a starting RB in Grudens offense.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did infact draft another running back in the 1st due to the fact that the class next year will be so depleated, and our guys are getting older and their futures are in question due to injuries. Should be an exciting draft which ever way it goes.

Welcome back Warrick. We missed ya buddy!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dunn vs Graham...Who starts this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools