Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is everyone excited that Dunn is here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 11, 2008, 10:39:58 AM

Dunn has been better than Pittman every year - that is not a good comparison. 

Not as a 3rd down back.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 11, 2008, 10:41:16 AM

Because Dunn wasn't a third down back.  Norwood was in Atlanta.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 11, 2008, 10:44:20 AM

Dunn isn't as good as Pittman is as a 3rd down back at this point in his career.  Why people want to marginalize Pittman's production with this offense all of sudden I do not understand.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 11, 2008, 10:46:41 AM

Dunn isn't as good as Pittman is as a 3rd down back at this point in his career.

Only time will tell.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 11, 2008, 10:48:49 AM

Dunn isn't as good as Pittman is as a 3rd down back at this point in his career. Why people want to marginalize Pittman's production with this offense all of sudden I do not understand.

ADW, Pittman did a lot but let's not forget he was oft ijured as well.  Gamer for sure, but doing the Sonic the Hedgehog dance at less than 100% isn't cute either.  Oh and let's not forgt the blades of grasss and vision of Stevie Wonder...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 11, 2008, 10:49:16 AM

We are happy that Dunn is back because
Great mentor for Caddy. Both Dunn and Caddy have same quiet modest personality.
Dunn is a perfectionist, in blocking, catching and running
Dunn is a smart player. He can think on his feet and react to what he sees.
Dunn is very versatile he can line up as a RB and in the slot

#21 : March 11, 2008, 10:52:18 AM

Dunn has been better than Pittman every year - that is not a good comparison. 

Bennett is not a pass catcher, nor a good blocker - they are not that same. 

Agree about the depth of the RB class - and will admit to being surprised.  Might be the first inkling Caddy's recovery is going well... but I think that assessment is premature.  I do think it means one more Defensive Draft.

I don't know that about Bennett. Yes he dropped a couple last season, but I expect he's better than that dbuc.

#22 : March 11, 2008, 10:53:06 AM

Dunn isn't as good as Pittman is as a 3rd down back at this point in his career. Why people want to marginalize Pittman's production with this offense all of sudden I do not understand.

ADW, Pittman did a lot but let's not forget he was oft ijured as well.  Gamer for sure, but doing the Sonic the Hedgehog dance at less than 100% isn't cute either.  Oh and let's not forgt the blades of grasss and vision of Stevie Wonder...

LOL ! True, all true Chev.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 11, 2008, 10:54:40 AM

I've never seen a back pick up the blitz like Warrick.  I don't ever remember him blowing that assignment at all. That alone will bring big dividends...

Right.  Well maybe I wouldn't go quite that far but basically YES!  Smart back, which many are not.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 11, 2008, 10:55:00 AM

Dunn and Graham are both very versatile Graham can line up as a RB or FB
Dunn can line up as a RB or in the slot.
Graham and Dunn in the line up at the same time will give Gruden and Garcia a lot of options in a single TE set.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 11, 2008, 11:01:29 AM

I've never seen a back pick up the blitz like Warrick.  I don't ever remember him blowing that assignment at all. That alone will bring big dividends...

He blew a block once I believe it was against Detriot. The Bucs were deep in there end of the field like the 10 yard line a LB came in on a blitz between the LG and center Dunn lowered his head to throw the block just a bit early and the LB jumped over Dunn head like he was diving hit the ground at the Bucs QB legs and tackled the QB. I remember it but just can't remember the year. It was a great play by the LB

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 11, 2008, 11:04:59 AM

He blew a block once I believe it was against Detriot. The Bucs were deep in there end of the field like the 10 yard line a LB came in on a blitz between the LG and center Dunn lowered his head to throw the block just a bit early and the LB jumped over Dunn head like he was diving hit the ground at the Bucs QB legs and tackled the QB. I remember it but just can't remember the year. It was a great play by the LB

At least he was in the right place which is more then I can say for some of the guys we've had who were there to pick up a blitz.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#27 : March 11, 2008, 11:13:33 AM

The reason I like Dunn is because he is goin to take over the Pitman role.  He has more speed and if he wears 28 again I can wear one of my old jerseys.

#28 : March 11, 2008, 11:15:49 AM

i am cause i can wear my dunn jersey again!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 11, 2008, 11:18:19 AM

I've never seen a back pick up the blitz like Warrick. I don't ever remember him blowing that assignment at all. That alone will bring big dividends...

At least he was in the right place which is more then I can say for some of the guys we've had who were there to pick up a blitz.

Since your memory is so vivid I won't dispute it.  But once in 5 years...I'll take it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is everyone excited that Dunn is here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools