Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nice Pass Rush « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« : December 03, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »

Notice that Rothlisberger had a nice chance to watch the jumbotron to see highlights from other games when he dropped back to pass.

I timed the TD pass, the last one, and he threw the ball 6 seconds after the snap.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucswin5540

Second String

« #1 : December 03, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »

Yeah our pass rush is pretty darn good. I was very impressed with our D-Line today. Props to those guys for a great effort! We just came up a little short today.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 03, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

Our lack of defensive talent is really showing.  However, one thing that can be improved upon with our current talent is hustle.  I watched several plays where the pass rushers gave up before the whistle, and Ben had time to make a play.  I don't think this was so prevalent with Marinelli.  These guys have to keep their motors going to the whistle.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 03, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »

Kiffin should get some lack but it never happens. D needs some major influx of talent
and energy next year. It's painful watching Ben run around there all day.

bucswin5540

Second String

« #4 : December 03, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »

We sacrificed our defense by drafting offensively the past couple of years. Thank God we did that because we are finally the offensive jugornot that Gruden always wanted. The pieces are in place for us to be an offensive dynasty for several years to come.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #5 : December 03, 2006, 08:09:41 PM »

The run defense has actually been great since a poor start to the season.  The pass defense is terrible because of the lack of pass rush and injury to Kelly and because of Phillips' terrible coverage skills.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 03, 2006, 08:10:47 PM »

Notice that Rothlisberger had a nice chance to watch the jumbotron to see highlights from other games when he dropped back to pass.

I timed the TD pass, the last one, and he threw the ball 6 seconds after the snap.
What was very disconcerting was when they did blitz, they blitzer either ran by the QB, got stoned at the line or the QB just sidestepped him and moved to the side and made the play.  One player that I saw have some fire in them was Winborn.  Hopefully we will see more of him on the field.  Someone needs to put some fire in the defense.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 03, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »

I definitely predicted this would happen.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #8 : December 03, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »

thats what happens when there is no rice!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 03, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »

thats what happens when there is no rice!!

Rice is fried this year...couldn't resist.

He was an absolute non-factor.  The Bucs should abandon the Cover two for the rest of the year.  No pass rush, no cover 2.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 04, 2006, 01:50:49 AM »

A good suggestion, Finky. But this isn't about ONE draft choice next year. This is a need for a complete overhaul. We need one or two good FAs and one or two picks, at least one on the first day.
Ironically, has anyone noticed that Sapp got his seventh sack of the year with the Raiders today. Yeah, it was time for him to go. But that's the most he's had in one season since 2002. He may get to 100 career after all.

In Verner We Trust

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 04, 2006, 04:47:33 AM »

Even in our absolute prime back in 2002, the Steelers came into Tampa and we couldn't get squat for a pash rush on them.   The main reason we lost that game was because Shaun King was horrible.   But the lack of a pass rush was also a problem.   I think Cowher and crew have figured out how to stop the cover 2 as far as eliminating the pass rush.   I bet we have a lower sack average against the Steelers than against any other team.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #12 : December 04, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »

I used to dream about money and hot women, now all my dreams end with "the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Gaines Adams, defensive end Clemson".

And I'd like to get back to the former so.......
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nice Pass Rush « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools