Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fun Topic - Training Camp Get2gether! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: March 12, 2008, 10:04:06 AM

JMO but you cannot beat the Macaroni Grill just for the parking alone ...plus the food is fine and the price is right and all you need is a mike ...and I checked with them last year and they told me they would go out of their way to make it nice for us.
   Hate,I got it wrong about the draft day time ...its 1 pm Sat so we can go a head and get the same spot as last year if its ok with everybody.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 11, 2008, 11:12:41 AM

I know some were bummed at the beginning of FA, but now that we've added some "interesting" guys to the team, I know your camp juices are flowing about now.  I know mine are.  Just wanted to check in with the group and get some ideas. 

Particularly about the venue.  I'm sure all who came last year were a little disappointed by Disney and their hospitality.  While it's always good to see you guys; I thought that Disney was not any better than the places we've been to before.

Personally, I liked the Celebration Towne Tavern.  It's a small place across the street from the Celebration Hotel where the players stay.  The food was American cuisine (bar food) but it was good and had a nice selection from salads and sandwiches and entries.  It's not on the main strip so if you're directionally challenged you cold have an issue.  But I thought it was close enough where Scott and Jim could be heard and the seating promoted more time and space for board members to put a name to a face.

The first place we went to was the Macaroni Grill off of 192.  The best part about this place was access and parking.  It was easy to find from the Wide World of Sports complex and the parking was awesome.  The food there is great for a chain and the prices were reasonable.  The negative was that it is a chain and they cater to the general public.  While they made accommodations for us with seating it was spread out and it was tough to fellowship with others.  Also it was a little tough to hear all the scoop as Scott and Jim kind of split time between tables.

For those of you who have been to all or some or even one, I'd be glad to hear your suggestions and opinions.  For those of you who haven't been at all, this will be a cool thread t get to know what goes on and the fun to be had by all.

All (positive) thoughts, comments, and suggestions welcome...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 11, 2008, 11:55:57 AM

bump...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#3 : March 11, 2008, 11:56:11 AM

Ro

The only "downer" to the Celebration Town Tavern was the abysmal parking.  I am down with wherever everyone decides.  Hell, I live in Orlando, so it is all good.

frankbuc

Second String
#4 : March 11, 2008, 12:02:32 PM

Always make a quite few camps but am really looking forward to getting to meet some of you all this year

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 11, 2008, 12:21:58 PM

Chev,

Nice to see this being started early.

Things I might consider
1. A mike is a must!
2. Ability to be near each other is a  high priority. (That's why Disney was so disappointing).
3. Reasonable prices and good food. (Town Tavern comes to mind).
4. A hotel meeting room (probably off Disney property to make it affordable-like on Int'l Drive and 192). That would eliminate the problem like Disney and Macaroni Grill. The cost of the room could be borne by the attendees. Rooms usually go for about $500 in Tampa last time I rented one, when they knew there would be food and beverages. Don't think many would object to a $10 cap. The hotel provided a podium and mike. As the group has continually gotten larger, to me this would be the first item to check out and it would eliminate having to look at a new (or bigger) place every year. Why does it have to be on Disney property?
(if interested in this I would volunteer to get some info for you to look at).
5. Parking needs to be considered-particularly for old coots like me who has difficulty walking any distance. (Disney was a killer for me.)
6. Any chance of getting a coach (like Raheem)?

Just some thoughts.

Anxiously looking forward to this years event.

P.S. Got Prefer's attention too.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 11, 2008, 12:51:17 PM

I actually like Celebration Towne Tavern the best, although I know parking can be a problem there.  The neat thing is that it's close to the team hotel for those autograph hounds. :) Macaroni Grill was nice, but there weren't many of us there the first year, and with the way it's grown, I'm not sure how it would work out.  I didn't care for the ESPN place last year.  It was really difficult to talk to everyone there.  I don't really care where it is though, because I wouldn't miss it for the world!  Just let me know if I can do anything to help Chev.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 11, 2008, 01:07:24 PM

It is not that hard to get Prefer's attention Stan, just mix buccs, with food and drink, stir in some folks older than him (like you and me) to make him feel better and viola! he will appear... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#8 : March 11, 2008, 01:59:57 PM

Due to baby mama drama, I wasn't able to attend any of the prior training camp get-togethers so i can't speak on them but last year's location sucked.... folks were waaaaay to spread out and i didn't care for being told where to sit(couldn't sit with my boy, Chev) so i much prefer a different location.

Not to change the subject,  but we do have a draft coming up. Will there be a draft party like last year or has that been shelved due to having pick #20?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 11, 2008, 02:39:23 PM

Uncle Stan - there you busting my chops already.  LOL, your thoughts are duly noted my friend and I'll make sure I take all of that into consideration.  Great points BTW.  Only problem I see is people paying. I really don't want to be responsible for taking peoples money or on the hook if the don't pay.

Bucnut - I too enjoyed the Tavern. Just seemed like the place to be.  But the parking was Booootay!!!!

Hate - we'll fix it up brah.

Anybody else? Suggestions?  Comments?

BTW, the boys (Scott and Jim) really do enjoy dong this for us.  I mean its an afternon off for them as well as the players since we do it on Family day.  So do show them a little love as they forsake t  heir wonderful spouses just to give us the latest...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 11, 2008, 02:41:11 PM

BucNut,

Was it you that did the name tags?

Still have mine from 2 years ago. They were great!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 11, 2008, 02:42:13 PM

Well, I would like to attend but scheduling conflicts with prior commitments of being over in Iraq, maybe in 2009

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 11, 2008, 02:51:09 PM

$ shouldn't be a problem. Once the price is known, make it a deposit.

Been there done that many times in my former career.

In the ones I did, I handled the money this way. Example: Reservation with deposit $10. Door price $15.

I have a spare PO Box that could be used.

Just a thought.

Don't give me that bustin your chops garbage. You love doing his event. That's why its used to be called Chev's Party. Maybe we should go back to that. :)

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 11, 2008, 02:52:12 PM

No Unc, that was Ladyfan and somebody else, which due to CRS, the name escapes me at this time.  I apologize to whoever that is. :)  I still have my name tag too.  They were awesome!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 11, 2008, 02:52:55 PM

Yuccs,

Just take a free ride to MacDill for the week-end and go back Sunday. There are many who would be glad to pick you up at the base and bring you back.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fun Topic - Training Camp Get2gether! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools