Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fun Topic - Training Camp Get2gether! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 11, 2008, 02:55:43 PM

BucNut,

Now I remember, it was a guy in Orlando.

Name escapes me at the moment. Had an email from him couple of months ago. He's on the board at times, but very rarely. Had to do with his new job I think.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 11, 2008, 03:05:25 PM

BucNut,

Just looked it up.

His name is RocketSpeed. It wasn't a new job, but a new baby.

Said for someone to PM him when date is set for this year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 11, 2008, 03:06:06 PM

$ shouldn't be a problem. Once the price is known, make it a deposit.

Been there done that many times in my former career.

In the ones I did, I handled the money this way. Example: Reservation with deposit $10. Door price $15.

I have a spare PO Box that could be used.

Just a thought.

Don't give me that bustin your chops garbage. You love doing his event. That's why its used to be called Chev's Party. Maybe we should go back to that. :)

Not sure about the name change.  Its not about me as I've contended all along. It's all abut the boys giving us the latest scoop.  I'm just being selfish and making sure they have no reason not to show.  LOL  I will check into a private place.  Although with food and stuff my get pricey over in Orlando.  Was there more than 50 people last time? I mean that's another concern.  Just because they all pay a deposit the rest of the money is still due.  If they don't come, who pays?

Personally, as the organizer, dealing with money is not my cup of tea.  Just don't wanna go there...but for you Unc, I'll explore the possibilities and make sure my findings are out there to deliberate... ;) And yes, I do love doing it.  LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 11, 2008, 03:13:43 PM

Thought there were 80 some at Celebration. Hard to know at Disney as they sat all over the place.

Don't let $ stand in the way. Will be glad to assist working that out for you.
Lets get the numbers first and go from there. We have 4 months to work on it.

If you are off the Disney properties, the prices are lower-based on personal experience.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 11, 2008, 03:59:39 PM

Gonna hold ou to that Unc..and thanks for the offer... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#20 : March 11, 2008, 04:11:11 PM

Is it ok that I'm already sitting outside of the Celebration Hotel waiting for signs of the first players to report?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 11, 2008, 04:16:33 PM

Is it ok that I'm already sitting outside of the Celebration Hotel waiting for signs of the first players to report?

ROFLMBAO @ IT, yeah dawg, keep us posted...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 11, 2008, 04:18:40 PM

Due to baby mama drama, I wasn't able to attend any of the prior training camp get-togethers so i can't speak on them but last year's location sucked.... folks were waaaaay to spread out and i didn't care for being told where to sit(couldn't sit with my boy, Chev) so i much prefer a different location.

Not to change the subject, but we do have a draft coming up. Will there be a draft party like last year or has that been shelved due to having pick #20?
Baby mama drama is the worst.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 11, 2008, 04:19:32 PM

Due to baby mama drama, I wasn't able to attend any of the prior training camp get-togethers so i can't speak on them but last year's location sucked.... folks were waaaaay to spread out and i didn't care for being told where to sit(couldn't sit with my boy, Chev) so i much prefer a different location.

Not to change the subject, but we do have a draft coming up. Will there be a draft party like last year or has that been shelved due to having pick #20?
Baby mama drama is the worst.

4 Sho!!!

#24 : March 11, 2008, 05:00:58 PM

^^bump^^

bucs1

Practice Squad
#25 : March 11, 2008, 05:14:14 PM

I like the Celebration Town Tavern.  I ate there several times last year and thought the food was good.  I also was there when the coaches had their end of training camp party at the Tavern.  We should definiately consider the Town Tavern for the Pewter Report get-together and maybe this year, I can actually make it to the party.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 11, 2008, 06:24:03 PM

Just a thought. We stretched Celebration to the limit.

Not sure they could handle a much larger group without closing out the public.

#27 : March 11, 2008, 06:40:25 PM

Just a thought. We stretched Celebration to the limit.

Not sure they could handle a much larger group without closing out the public.

Good point.

I.T. always gets some great pics at TC !

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 11, 2008, 07:46:37 PM

I'm excited already ... even though last year I got seated all by my lone self ... still was fun.  I would love the name tag idea ... even if we did just the peel and stick, that would be better than nothing ... I'll volunteer to assemble peel and stick badges if ya'll want this year.

I know it maybe too hot for this idea, but what about a park and we do a "family BBQ" type gathering?  Might be some larger, shaded parks around the area ... don't know.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 11, 2008, 09:02:37 PM

I'm excited already ... even though last year I got seated all by my lone self ... still was fun. I would love the name tag idea ... even if we did just the peel and stick, that would be better than nothing ... I'll volunteer to assemble peel and stick badges if ya'll want this year.

I know it maybe too hot for this idea, but what about a park and we do a "family BBQ" type gathering? Might be some larger, shaded parks around the area ... don't know.

That has a little appeal...not a bad idea except for rain and heat.  LOL

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fun Topic - Training Camp Get2gether! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools