Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

#15 : December 03, 2006, 08:06:18 PM

actually it's the 4th

we lose the tiebreaker to the cardinals due to strength of schedule

dammitt!!!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 03, 2006, 08:07:21 PM

We get the 3rd  Zen, we have the tougher schedule..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#17 : December 03, 2006, 08:08:57 PM

We get the 3rd Zen, we have the tougher schedule..
The team with the easier schedule gets it.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 03, 2006, 08:09:59 PM

Cool.   I remember the old days when the draft was the best part of the season.   Looks like the old times are back.   I'm puttin' in my order for the Mel Kiper book now.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 03, 2006, 08:10:32 PM

Alright then, we will have it  by the end of the season.. Maybe 1 or 2 .. imo

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 03, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

I hope we spoil that next week and our position drops. As bad of a nightmare as this season has been, Bucs can get a little redemption by beating the Falcons and knocking them out of the playoffs. If they lose to Atlanta next week, they won't win a game the rest of the year.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : December 03, 2006, 08:14:18 PM

yup, we get screwed with our difficult schedule during the season, and in the offseason

#22 : December 03, 2006, 08:22:09 PM

Detroit still plays Minny @ home (possible win) and Green Bay

Arizona plays @ San Fran (will probably lose to San Fran though) Arizona is goign to be picking higher than us more than likely. WHich is bad news because they could use Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams

Oakland plays @ Cincy, St Louis and @NYJ. They could win 1 of these games. Unfortunately even if they win 1 and the BUcs lose out, Oakland still picks ahead of TB.

It looks like Oakalnd is a lock for the #1 or #2 pick and it will take somewhat of a miracle in teh form of Arizona losing to San Fran (only semi-winnable game left on their schedule) or Detroit beating Minny and Green Bay. This is all assuming the BUcs lose out. Looks like we will pick 4th at best with an outside shot at 3rd

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 03, 2006, 08:25:01 PM

I hate to say it, but I hope Oak and Det pass us as well as Arizona!!!!

With the 1st pick you have so many options.. plus we already have 4 of the first 65 picks..

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 03, 2006, 08:29:39 PM

Picks 2-34-62-66-98

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 03, 2006, 08:57:46 PM

Cool.   I remember the old days when the draft was the best part of the season.   Looks like the old times are back.   I'm puttin' in my order for the Mel Kiper book now.

lol! agreed. in a few weeks we'll be able to wipe the slate clean and be optimistic again as we look forward to the combine and the draft. 

#26 : December 11, 2006, 09:35:15 AM

Brian Brohm or Jamarcus Russell
Brohm has durability issues, if we are going QB take Quinn or wait till R2 to land Smith.

Geez that would be fantastic! Man I would be loving if we could grab Smith in R2 and snag Thomas with our first! I dont' know if Smith will be aroudn that long though. That would be the perfect scenario no question.
I think that Smith could be available with our first 2nd round pick.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 11, 2006, 10:35:59 AM

1. Do you think Muir and co. would actually know what to do with a premiere left tackle? If the Bucs drafted Marcus McNeil instead of Trueblood, do you think he would look worse than he does in San Diego?

If we drafted McNeil, he would probably still be on the bench.

2. You don't think a premiere defensive tackle along the lines of Tommie Harris or Marcus Stroud makes a bigger impact than a Dwight Freeney-esque end?

I agree with this.  I think DE will be easier to acquire in FA, as the FA DT pickings are pretty slim.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 11, 2006, 10:31:15 AM

I need to see Smith in some post-season games and at the combine to see if he's just a great college QB or if he's a really good pro prospect. I think the guy that might be there is Drew Stanton and that is a player I'd think would be real attractive to Gruden as well. I don't think you can make the move without giving up picks though. Rice has value but he'll have more value in the season than a draft time (sort of like McF this season).

Yeah stanton would be a good fit, he is mobile and athletic and has a nice game. I also agree on Rice and the trade. I do think that we could give Rice and maybe a 3rd to get up in the late first though. I think that Smith is the real deal but he does have the height issue. I would assume that Smith will play in the senior bowl in an effort to rid him of criticism on his height and to show that he is not purely a college QB so I think we will get a shot at seeing him outside of OSU to see what he has.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 11, 2006, 10:27:23 AM

We need to draft defense, but with a top 3 pick we need to take the best player as long as he is the best player by a large margin. If Thomas is rated the same as Adams, we should take Adams. Draft defense with every other day 1 pick, just like last year with the offense. Two of the day 1 players need to be on the DL.

If the Bucs go offense with their first two picks I will cry.

I refuse to jump off the Gaines Adams bandwagon.  :P
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools