Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 11, 2006, 10:26:49 AM

We need to draft defense, but with a top 3 pick we need to take the best player as long as he is the best player by a large margin. If Thomas is rated the same as Adams, we should take Adams. Draft defense with every other day 1 pick, just like last year with the offense. Two of the day 1 players need to be on the DL.

A lot depends on FA, and remember the O is still worse than the D.   :o

Shag

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 11, 2006, 10:25:49 AM

We need to draft defense, but with a top 3 pick we need to take the best player as long as he is the best player by a large margin. If Thomas is rated the same as Adams, we should take Adams. Draft defense with every other day 1 pick, just like last year with the offense. Two of the day 1 players need to be on the DL.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 11, 2006, 10:21:19 AM

Whats your take on a potential trade to acquire a late first if Smith is still floating around. We could put a package together with either Rice and something (2nd or 3rd) or we could just flat out use picks. I'm not wanting to part ways with any picks but if Smith is still floating around in the mid 20's I am not against making the move by parting ways with a player (probably rice) and a pick to get smith. Where would you stand on that? Keep the picks too many holes to fill or do you say make a move a try and grab Smith if he is still floating around late first?

I need to see Smith in some post-season games and at the combine to see if he's just a great college QB or if he's a really good pro prospect. I think the guy that might be there is Drew Stanton and that is a player I'd think would be real attractive to Gruden as well.  I don't think you can make the move without giving up picks though. Rice has value but he'll have more value in the season than a draft time (sort of like McF this season).

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 11, 2006, 10:17:02 AM

We dont need a good QB adaquate would do be I havent seen that since??? Doug Williams

#34 : December 11, 2006, 10:14:09 AM

"Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft"

The bad news is we now need to fill the following holes:

QB
WR
RB
FB
LT
C
DE
DT
LB
CB
SS
FS
Alot of the defensive ones can be shored up in FA

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 11, 2006, 10:09:15 AM

dal what do you think about our draf this year if we are at 3. What do you feel we should do, QB, Thomas, Adams? If you aren't sure yet that is cool too. Just curious, on where you stand and what you think. I am sorta at a lost, can't believe I'm thinking about maybe a QB, but oh well.

Two most important guys on the field are RDE and LOT. We should have a shot at one of those spots and we need both of those spots. Watching this team I think the LOT > RDE right now both because the offense is worse than the defense but also the way this draft falls i think we'll be able to get a second tier pass rush prospect at the top of R2 but the OT talent runs out very thin, as usual.

1. Do you think Muir and co. would actually know what to do with a premiere left tackle? If the Bucs drafted Marcus McNeil instead of Trueblood, do you think he would look worse than he does in San Diego?

2. You don't think a premiere defensive tackle along the lines of Tommie Harris or Marcus Stroud makes a bigger impact than a Dwight Freeney-esque end?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 11, 2006, 09:58:10 AM

"Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft"

The bad news is we now need to fill the following holes:

QB
WR
RB
FB
LT
C
DE
DT
LB
CB
SS
FS

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 11, 2006, 09:56:22 AM

I think Quinn is gone at pick 1 or 2. Unless we're in that slot I can't see us getting him. After that the only R2 QB we might have a shot at is Smith - maybe Stanton but then the QB mix goes dry as well.

We're basically so thin right now this isn't gonna be a one draft to plug the holes. FA might get us a DE, better oddsa than QB or LOT, so that will obviously have a HUGE effect.

We could get a FA DE, sure. I think you are right on Quinn, he is a goner at Oakland or Detroit (as it stands now) so that eliminates Quinn and the prospect of drafting a QB with our 1st. If thomas is there you pull the trigger in a second, I'm with ya.

Whats your take on a potential trade to acquire a late first if Smith is still floating around. We could put a package together with either Rice and something (2nd or 3rd) or we could just flat out use picks. I'm not wanting to part ways with any picks but if Smith is still floating around in the mid 20's I am not against making the move by parting ways with a player (probably rice) and a pick to get smith. Where would you stand on that? Keep the picks too many holes to fill or do you say make a move a try and grab Smith if he is still floating around late first?

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 11, 2006, 09:47:55 AM

Good point, plus possibly getting an end in FA. I like the idea of getting that rush guy in R2 as well, it can be done as you mentioned. How do you feel about drafting a QB? So you are thinking Thomas and I want thomas as well but I'm just at a loss for our QB situation. Its just scary, I catch myself wanting to draft a QB and if Thomas is there I know that we would regret not taking him because he will be the real deal.

I think Quinn is gone at pick 1 or 2. Unless we're in that slot I can't see us getting him. After that the only R2 QB we might have a shot at is Smith - maybe Stanton but then the QB mix goes dry as well.

We're basically so thin right now this isn't gonna be a one draft to plug the holes. FA might get us a DE, better oddsa than QB or LOT, so that will obviously have a HUGE effect.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 11, 2006, 09:37:47 AM

Brian Brohm or Jamarcus Russell
Brohm has durability issues, if we are going QB take Quinn or wait till R2 to land Smith.

Geez that would be fantastic! Man I would be loving if we could grab Smith in R2 and snag Thomas with our first! I dont' know if Smith will be aroudn that long though. That would be the perfect scenario no question.
I think that Smith could be available with our first 2nd round pick.

I think you are right, there is a chance, no doubt! If he slips far enough they could make a move on draft day to get another first by packaging picks or trading Rice and a pick or something. They could possibly put something together to get Smith if he falls far enough in the first. If he is still there in the mid 20's I wouldn't mind trying to pull something off. I would like to keep our picks or as many picks as possible because we def have holes to fill.

Baghead #2

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 10, 2006, 02:53:28 PM

bump  still looking good ....

I hope we win today, but one part of me says get the higher pick at this point..

Go Arizona..
Detriot is the only team in our way..lol

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 10, 2006, 03:46:31 PM

Don't forget the other side. First we need Jax to win. (which is almost a lock now), San Diego, NE, Baltimore, Dallas, Seattle, and New Orleans all have a chance to earn a better record than Indy. With Jax's win over Indy they too could pass Indy in the standings thus dropping that 2nd rounder down 5-6 more slots.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 10, 2006, 03:55:30 PM

Yeah we might end up with  1-33-59(Colts)-65-97 ..Me like this..

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 10, 2006, 04:23:25 PM

Arizona winning 7-0  .. Go Cards..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 10, 2006, 04:26:53 PM

Go Cards!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools