Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 09:33:12 AM

Brian Brohm or Jamarcus Russell
Brohm has durability issues, if we are going QB take Quinn or wait till R2 to land Smith.

Geez that would be fantastic! Man I would be loving if we could grab Smith in R2 and snag Thomas with our first! I dont' know if Smith will be aroudn that long though. That would be the perfect scenario no question.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:24:47 AM

dal what do you think about our draf this year if we are at 3. What do you feel we should do, QB, Thomas, Adams? If you aren't sure yet that is cool too. Just curious, on where you stand and what you think. I am sorta at a lost, can't believe I'm thinking about maybe a QB, but oh well.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 09:31:53 AM

Good point, plus possibly getting an end in FA. I like the idea of getting that rush guy in R2 as well, it can be done as you mentioned. How do you feel about drafting a QB? So you are thinking Thomas and I want thomas as well but I'm just at a loss for our QB situation. Its just scary, I catch myself wanting to draft a QB and if Thomas is there I know that we would regret not taking him because he will be the real deal.

Baghead #2

#3 : December 11, 2006, 09:30:18 AM

Brian Brohm or Jamarcus Russell
Brohm has durability issues, if we are going QB take Quinn or wait till R2 to land Smith.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2006, 09:21:00 AM

If we blow a #3 pick on a OT and he busts like Kenyetta. Jon Gruden can say good-bye to his job here because there will be a mutiny at Raymond James.

Remember that Gruden knows that even if he keeps his job this year, he needs to show a lot of improvement next year to keep building. An OT will not show immediate improvement. He needs a QB or some other immediate impact player that will score points. We have 2 2nd round picks. There will be plenty of DL and OL talent there.

OK, an OL won't make immediate impact (say hello to D'Brick, McNeil, Spencer and others just from this year) but a QB will? No spot, other than RB, is more immediate impact that OT.

You think busting an OT is gonna be worse than busting a WR, QB or DE?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#5 : December 11, 2006, 09:26:54 AM

Arizona, which is probably picking before us, will take JT for sure. At that point our 2 main options will probably be Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 11, 2006, 09:27:12 AM

dal what do you think about our draf this year if we are at 3. What do you feel we should do, QB, Thomas, Adams? If you aren't sure yet that is cool too. Just curious, on where you stand and what you think. I am sorta at a lost, can't believe I'm thinking about maybe a QB, but oh well.

Two most important guys on the field are RDE and LOT. We should have a shot at one of those spots and we need both of those spots.  Watching this team I think the LOT > RDE right now both because the offense is worse than the defense but also the way this draft falls i think we'll be able to get a second tier pass rush prospect at the top of R2 but the OT talent runs out very thin, as usual.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 07:15:28 AM

Joe Thomas/Gaines Adams.  Either one would work for me.

#8 : December 11, 2006, 06:29:53 AM

Noway we pass on Joe Thomas. Either Tampa or Arizona will be selecting Joe THomas, and it will be whichever one of us picks first. Thank god Arizona won. How often can you say that your 1st round pick will be the best ever your franchise has ever seen at his position from day 1?

I like JaMarcus Russell a lot, but not in the top 5. He is more of a 6-20 pick IMO.

BayDay39

Second String

#9 : December 11, 2006, 02:07:19 AM

No more projects. The things people are saying in these threads about Russell sounds eerily familiar about a certain former FSU QB a few years back.
Here's an idea: get a guy who is a LONG-term solution, a perennial stud at ONE of the cornerstone positions. Don't just pick a QB because you need a QB, taking a guy who's gonna be average, while passing up a STUD LOT. We get into the value argument, but who would you pick right now, Mangold (C) or Joseph (G) if you had it to do again? Mangold's gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler. He's having a great rookie year. Is Joseph on that track?
What becomes interesting is if Oakland picks Quinn and then Detroit picks Thomas. Brohm? Don't like him. Take your LOT, get pass rushers, find your QB answer next year. This puzzle's gonna take a few years to sort out. Accept it and do it the right way.

Haha which one are you talking about. Adrian McPherson? (very bad comparision if thats who your refferring to) JaMarcus Russell looks like a long term solution. He has all the intangibles you want in a QB: tight spiral, pocket precense, size, leadership, proven winner, deep ball.... whats not to like?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 11, 2006, 12:56:22 AM

No more projects. The things people are saying in these threads about Russell sounds eerily familiar about a certain former FSU QB a few years back.
Here's an idea: get a guy who is a LONG-term solution, a perennial stud at ONE of the cornerstone positions. Don't just pick a QB because you need a QB, taking a guy who's gonna be average, while passing up a STUD LOT. We get into the value argument, but who would you pick right now, Mangold (C) or Joseph (G) if you had it to do again? Mangold's gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler. He's having a great rookie year. Is Joseph on that track?
What becomes interesting is if Oakland picks Quinn and then Detroit picks Thomas. Brohm? Don't like him. Take your LOT, get pass rushers, find your QB answer next year. This puzzle's gonna take a few years to sort out. Accept it and do it the right way.

In Verner We Trust

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 11, 2006, 07:43:28 AM

Thomas will probably be a top 2 pick anyway though.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 11, 2006, 07:41:29 AM

How's that old adage go? BUILD FROM THE LINES OUT!

The lines are the foundation, you can't build a mansion without a foundation.

Plus Joe Thomas is a man. 6'8'' 325 pounds and he's got feet like a ballerina.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2006, 08:03:45 PM

Detriot 2-10
Oakland 2-10
Tampa Bay 3-9

Cant wait for this hell of a season to be over....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : December 03, 2006, 08:05:09 PM

actually it's the 4th

Detroit 2-9
Oakland 2-9
Arizona 3-9
TB 3-9

we lose the tiebreaker to the cardinals due to strength of schedule
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Great news!!!! we now have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools