Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 03, 2006, 08:28:46 PM

YEAH!!Heading to Glendale!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : December 03, 2006, 08:37:16 PM

I think Coach Meyer can do it with a month to plan.

#17 : December 03, 2006, 09:40:17 PM

one of my boy's dad is a Gator alum. He's hookin us up with tix. Should be an awesome experience.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 03, 2006, 09:43:14 PM

I'll be there with a couple of my kids.

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 03, 2006, 09:52:43 PM

are you kidding me?  Go Buckeyes...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 03, 2006, 10:05:24 PM

Congrats on getting to the national title game in Glendale..  Fiesta baby!!!! ;D

OU and Boise State are playing in the Fiesta Bowl.  UF and OSU are playing in the BCS Championship in Glendale aka the fifth BCS game.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 03, 2006, 10:36:40 PM

Florida deserves the opportunity.

BuccoJD

Starter

#22 : December 03, 2006, 10:41:11 PM

I just got back from ATL...I'm gonna try to make it out to Glendale, but the tickets seem like they are gonna be pretty tough to come by. (I don't think they are giving much to the students).

So if anyone has any kind of ticket info...just message me.

Go Gators. WE DESERVE IT

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 03, 2006, 10:41:45 PM

Don't know that UF has enough offense to beat OSU.

You might be right Dal, but the Gators always find a way to keep games close.  

Last nights game wasn't a conventional game but it was damned entertaining.  I can't remember seeing a game where 5 different guys threw for TD passes.

BuccoJD

Starter

#24 : December 03, 2006, 10:45:25 PM

You might be right Dal, but the Gators always find a way to keep games close. 

Last nights game wasn't a conventional game but it was damned entertaining.  I can't remember seeing a game where 5 different guys threw for TD passes.

It was crazy...you could feel the momentum change in that stadium.

Urban didn't call a great game, but the D and ST more than made up for the lack of O.

but to win vs. OU, we'll need to get D Wynn involved and control the clock. (Something we haven't done well this year)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 03, 2006, 10:48:04 PM

It was crazy...you could feel the momentum change in that stadium.

Urban didn't call a great game, but the D and ST more than made up for the lack of O.

The fumbled punt and TD was a huge momentum swing, bad mistake by the PR guy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 03, 2006, 11:04:01 PM

Best of luck to the gators and their fans.  Will be rooting for them.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : December 03, 2006, 11:22:55 PM

Honestly wanted Michgan because it would cause more BCS chaos than this but I think the voters knew that.

They shouldn't need to score a lot of points, but they did score 31 offensively on AK last night.  I think it will be a 24-21 type game, barring a team gets TO happy.  Our defense should be able to slow OSU down enough to where we won't need to score 30+.  OSU is not going to score 42 points on this defense.  Michigan couldn't hang defensively because they didn't have the speed.  Well, UF's D is loaded with speed, and we have the speed on offense as well to give OSU's young defense fits. 

The only thing that scares me in this game is OSU has a good kicking game and we do not.  Could play a huge part in the outcome of this game.

BuccoJD

Starter

#28 : December 03, 2006, 11:34:47 PM

Honestly wanted Michgan because it would cause more BCS chaos than this but I think the voters knew that.

They shouldn't need to score a lot of points, but they did score 31 offensively on AK last night. I think it will be a 24-21 type game, barring a team gets TO happy. Our defense should be able to slow OSU down enough to where we won't need to score 30+. OSU is not going to score 42 points on this defense. Michigan couldn't hang defensively because they didn't have the speed. Well, UF's D is loaded with speed, and we have the speed on offense as well to give OSU's young defense fits.

The only thing that scares me in this game is OSU has a good kicking game and we do not. Could play a huge part in the outcome of this game.

I'm really afraid of Troy Smith...UF's pass defesnse has been poor this year (note the South Carolina game). So Ryan Smith and Reggie Lewis will have their hands full.

But that being said, we do have an athletic defense that could be great if we can get some pass rush. I don't think OSU has played a really tough D this season, and the OSU D is weak.

It'll be a great game.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : December 03, 2006, 11:50:38 PM

They shouldn't need to score a lot of points, but they did score 31 offensively on AK last night. I think it will be a 24-21 type game, barring a team gets TO happy. Our defense should be able to slow OSU down enough to where we won't need to score 30+. OSU is not going to score 42 points on this defense. Michigan couldn't hang defensively because they didn't have the speed. Well, UF's D is loaded with speed, and we have the speed on offense as well to give OSU's young defense fits.

The only thing that scares me in this game is OSU has a good kicking game and we do not. Could play a huge part in the outcome of this game.

I'm really afraid of Troy Smith...UF's pass defesnse has been poor this year (note the South Carolina game). So Ryan Smith and Reggie Lewis will have their hands full.

But that being said, we do have an athletic defense that could be great if we can get some pass rush. I don't think OSU has played a really tough D this season, and the OSU D is weak.

It'll be a great game.

Pass defense appears poor because we have been so good at stopping the run teams throw often, and a lot of it has come at garbage time.  Against SC if you notice most of their passing was short passes over the middle...the area normally patrolled by Siler and Everett.  They were out/injured and we had true freshmen in there who were exploited.  By the 8th we should be fully healthy, and I think our D can hang with OSU's offense when at full strength.  Overall Pass defense looks bad, but our pass efficiency defense is 6th in the country.  We have only given up 10 pass TD's while getting 20 INT's.  All year our defense has really been bend but don't break, especially in the passing game.

What I did find interesting is that with all the hoopla with OSU offense, UF actually averages more passing yards a game than OSU, and most would say against tougher defenses overall.  Smith gets all the accolades, but OSU's strength is really their run game, averaging 180 a game.  That should play in nicely with our 6th ranked run defense, which held the 3rd best running team in Arkansas about 100 yards below their average.....

I think we matchup nicely with OSU, more than any other team.  It will all come down to execution.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools