Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

thanson

Starter

#30 : December 04, 2006, 05:04:00 PM

The SEC is way over-rated. Michigan should be #2 and Wisconsin should be higher then #7. Go Big Ten,

Big Ten - Where Tradition Was Born!

BuccoJD

Starter

#31 : December 03, 2006, 11:58:55 PM

Pass defense appears poor because we have been so good at stopping the run teams throw often, and a lot of it has come at garbage time. Against SC if you notice most of their passing was short passes over the middle...the area normally patrolled by Siler and Everett. They were out/injured and we had true freshmen in there who were exploited. By the 8th we should be fully healthy, and I think our D can hang with OSU's offense when at full strength. Overall Pass defense looks bad, but our pass efficiency defense is 6th in the country. We have only given up 10 pass TD's while getting 20 INT's. All year our defense has really been bend but don't break, especially in the passing game.

What I did find interesting is that with all the hoopla with OSU offense, UF actually averages more passing yards a game than OSU, and most would say against tougher defenses overall. Smith gets all the accolades, but OSU's strength is really their run game, averaging 180 a game. That should play in nicely with our 6th ranked run defense, which held the 3rd best running team in Arkansas about 100 yards below their average.....

I think we matchup nicely with OSU, more than any other team. It will all come down to execution.

But Siler has a partially torn MCL...he left the SEC Champ game, and even if he does play, that is not the same Brandon Siler we all know. I also forgot that Eark Everet was hurt that game (I was still a little intoxicated during the first half).

But I think our O will have a big game vs. that weak OSU D...Harvin, Caldwell, and Ingram should all have big games, but hopefully D Wynn can get the ball more and help us keep OSU's offense off the field.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : December 04, 2006, 12:00:03 AM

Our Defense will kick their butts!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : December 04, 2006, 12:03:04 AM

Pass defense appears poor because we have been so good at stopping the run teams throw often, and a lot of it has come at garbage time. Against SC if you notice most of their passing was short passes over the middle...the area normally patrolled by Siler and Everett. They were out/injured and we had true freshmen in there who were exploited. By the 8th we should be fully healthy, and I think our D can hang with OSU's offense when at full strength. Overall Pass defense looks bad, but our pass efficiency defense is 6th in the country. We have only given up 10 pass TD's while getting 20 INT's. All year our defense has really been bend but don't break, especially in the passing game.

What I did find interesting is that with all the hoopla with OSU offense, UF actually averages more passing yards a game than OSU, and most would say against tougher defenses overall. Smith gets all the accolades, but OSU's strength is really their run game, averaging 180 a game. That should play in nicely with our 6th ranked run defense, which held the 3rd best running team in Arkansas about 100 yards below their average.....

I think we matchup nicely with OSU, more than any other team. It will all come down to execution.

But Siler has a partially torn MCL...he left the SEC Champ game, and even if he does play, that is not the same Brandon Siler we all know. I also forgot that Eark Everet was hurt that game (I was still a little intoxicated during the first half).

But I think our O will have a big game vs. that weak OSU D...Harvin, Caldwell, and Ingram should all have big games, but hopefully D Wynn can get the ball more and help us keep OSU's offense off the field.

From what I have heard Siler will be close to full strengthif not at full strength by the time the game is played. 

I agree our O should have a good game, as OSU will not have seen speed like we have in Harvin, Caldwell, and co.

The way I see it is our Offense should overachieve against their defense.  Their offense should underachieve against our defense.  That should make it a good game, and depending on what degree's these things happen will determine the outcome.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : December 04, 2006, 12:05:37 AM

Ray--love the Go 'Noles video!LOL!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : December 04, 2006, 12:07:35 AM

Ray--love the Go 'Noles video!LOL!

When I was at gator growl and they showed that I almost lost it....

I was telling everyone about that and I wished they could see it, so I was glad to find it on you tube.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : December 04, 2006, 12:08:21 AM

For those interested in what we are referring to check this out:

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : December 04, 2006, 12:10:55 AM

I've been on the phone all evening trying to make sure I get UF/OSU tix. I am so pumped!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : December 04, 2006, 12:14:29 AM

I've been on the phone all evening trying to make sure I get UF/OSU tix. I am so pumped!!

Yeah, I am hoping mine work out.

Get 2 extra for me, and I will LOVE YOU forever......plus pay you.

#39 : December 04, 2006, 12:19:05 AM

but to win vs. OU, we'll need to get D Wynn involved and control the clock. (Something we haven't done well this year)

No doubt.

#40 : December 04, 2006, 12:23:37 AM

any luck?  so far the best we got on flight was 5 bills unless we wanted one with 2 stops along the way. Hotels are crazy also.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : December 04, 2006, 12:27:41 AM

any luck? so far the best we got on flight was 5 bills unless we wanted one with 2 stops along the way. Hotels are crazy also.
Actually, yes. And I have relatives out there to stay with.  Hope I can use some of those frequent flyer miles!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#42 : December 04, 2006, 12:29:02 AM

any luck? so far the best we got on flight was 5 bills unless we wanted one with 2 stops along the way. Hotels are crazy also.

Yeha, I am seeing the same things.  It is going to cost me a bundle to go, but I feel it's worth it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : December 04, 2006, 12:30:23 AM

Worth it?? HELL YEAH!!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 04, 2006, 12:34:20 AM

Screw all you loser Croc fans as I hope Ohio State puts the biggest butt whoopin of all time on your sorry team as no way you deserved the game over Michigan.  GO NOLES.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools