Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : December 04, 2006, 12:59:43 PM

Actually, yes. And I have relatives out there to stay with.  Hope I can use some of those frequent flyer miles!

One of my boyz just got hooked up with hotel rooms. It seems Michigan fans had bought up all the rooms so there were mass cancellations last night and this morning. Reminds me of Eagle fan and their premature purchases before the nfc championship game.

nickerson56

Starter
#61 : December 05, 2006, 07:11:14 PM

Im thinking outcome is similiar to Nebraska v. Florida a decade ago.

nickerson56

Starter
#62 : December 05, 2006, 07:14:05 PM

Big Ten - Where Tradition Was Born!
dude your joking right? Iowa is constantly underachieving, Illinois + Mich. State blow, NW had another bad year, Minny is meh at best, Wisconsin OSU and Michigan had good years, and Purude had yet another down year.....

Keep Minnesota out of this, especially with South Florida in your avi, you have no room to talk about Minnesota. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#63 : December 05, 2006, 09:59:53 PM

Im thinking outcome is similiar to Nebraska v. Florida a decade ago.

I think more like OSU-Miami in 02, where Miami was the heavy favorite.  In a lot of ways UF looks like OSU in 02, and the way OSU is being hyped its like Miami in 02.  I don't believe OSU this year is quite as good as that 02 Miami team though, but we'll see. 

Although often not flashy, this UF team is scrappy.  I don't see anyone blowing them out.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#64 : December 06, 2006, 09:10:29 PM

CHOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 06, 2006, 09:23:37 PM

The SEC is way over-rated. Michigan should be #2 and Wisconsin should be higher then #7. Go Big Ten,

Big Ten - Where Tradition Was Born!

Yea, you got it.  Big 10 and the MAC are ... You do know the SEC sends unwanted coaches to the BIG 10 right, I mean like guys that could not get it done in the SEC.  Like to Illnois....  OKAY the big 2 or 3 that could maybe have a winning record out of conference in the ACC, err no, the Big Sky - yea - go play Montana, but stay away from Boise.

Two teams in the big ten, OSU and Michigan.  The rest are wannabes.  It is not a conference fight it is a freaking parade with one meaningful game at the end.  Don't screw up your rep here with critizing the SEC. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nickerson56

Starter
#66 : December 06, 2006, 10:04:19 PM

Yea, you got it. Big 10 and the MAC are ... You do know the SEC sends unwanted coaches to the BIG 10 right, I mean like guys that could not get it done in the SEC. Like to Illnois.... OKAY the big 2 or 3 that could maybe have a winning record out of conference in the ACC, err no, the Big Sky - yea - go play Montana, but stay away from Boise.

Two teams in the big ten, OSU and Michigan. The rest are wannabes. It is not a conference fight it is a freaking parade with one meaningful game at the end. Don't screw up your rep here with critizing the SEC.

OK you got Zook.  And yeah, Shula could probably get a job at Michigan State.  But the following coaches are (were) not garbage coaches: Tressel, Carr, Paterno, Mason, Ferentz, Tiller, (formerly) Alvarez, and (formerly) Walker.  Last year, 8/11 top notch coaches.  Can't quite evaluate Bielema or Fitzgerald yet.

As far as teams go:  The Big 10 is far from a 2 team conference, and you know this.  Funny thing is, people said the same thing about the SEC for a period of time (Florida v. Tenn; non-existent SEC West).  Also, its not like the SEC has dominated the Big 10 in bowl matchups.   

I do respect the SEC and am not trying to stoke the flames, but in any given year the best conference is either the Big 12, Big 10, or SEC.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#67 : December 07, 2006, 07:30:13 PM

I'm hoping the Gators get blown out.  Something like OSU 42 Gators 3 would be nice.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#68 : December 07, 2006, 10:34:54 PM

I'm hoping the Gators get blown out. Something like OSU 42 Gators 3 would be nice.

LOL, dream on sour FSU fan!

Enjoy that Emerald Bowl!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#69 : December 07, 2006, 11:10:36 PM

No damn freaking way!
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Go Gators.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools