Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My New 4 Round Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

: October 08, 2006, 11:16:36 PM

the asteric (*) means they're an underclassmen and if their name is in red its a video of them, click it to watch the player.

Its possible to trade down to get more picks, that is why i have who i have as the 1st round pick. But i dont wanna figure out what picks the bucs would get for their pick so ill just do normal 4 rounds.

Round 1 -
Meriweather brings something the bucs havent had since Lynch was here, a hard hitting Safety. Move Will Allen to his natural spot, SS and Meriweather start at FS. Could become a great duo in the NFL.

Round 2 -
Great defensive tackle who gets to the QB like Sapp use to, fits the Tampa 2 scheme perfectly.

Round 3 - Leroy Harris, C - NC State
Good physical center who gets good push off of the snap.

Round 4 -

Bucs need a good returner because Mark Jones just isnt doing it. Breaston has GREAT speed and gets up field quickly.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 11:24:03 PM

Doesn't Phillips play strong safety? I don't see Reggie Nelson playing there in the NFL, assuming he even declares and lasts until the early 3rd.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 08, 2006, 11:28:25 PM

Doesn't Phillips play strong safety? I don't see Reggie Nelson playing there in the NFL, assuming he even declares and lasts until the early 3rd.
He wont go in round 1 or 2, and yes Phillips plays SS and i think Nelson can play SS in the NFL.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 08, 2006, 11:52:32 PM

First two rounds look familiar to my first two rounds from a week ago. 8)

jk, good job

What happens if Calvin Johnson is on the board when we pick? I think we might have to pull the trigger regardless of how bad our lines are.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 08, 2006, 11:55:58 PM

First two rounds look familiar to my first two rounds from a week ago. 8)

jk, good job

What happens if Calvin Johnson is on the board when we pick? I think we might have to pull the trigger regardless of how bad our lines are.
i dont think bucs will draft him only because defense is a bigger worry.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 09, 2006, 12:17:21 AM

If Calvin Johnson is there we will take him. He is too good to pass up, especially with Clayton's future here seeming very uncertain after 4 games.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 09, 2006, 12:21:24 AM

If Calvin Johnson is there we will take him. He is too good to pass up, especially with Clayton's future here seeming very uncertain after 4 games.

I tend too agree. As bad as we are at some positions, passing on CJ really isn't an option.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 09, 2006, 08:37:16 PM

updated.

bucshot224

Second String

#8 : October 09, 2006, 10:07:28 PM

I think that we should try to pursue Michael Lewis in FA......that's if the Eagles don't re-sign him. I don't really like the idea of drafting a SS that early in the first round. We may be able to trade down a bit and pick up a Tackle or Tom Zbikowski. I agree with everyone else though, CJ is way too good to pass up. Hopefully, he'll stay in college so the Bucs can draft based on bigger needs.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 13, 2006, 10:04:52 PM

I think that we should try to pursue Michael Lewis in FA......that's if the Eagles don't re-sign him. I don't really like the idea of drafting a SS that early in the first round. We may be able to trade down a bit and pick up a Tackle or Tom Zbikowski. I agree with everyone else though, CJ is way too good to pass up. Hopefully, he'll stay in college so the Bucs can draft based on bigger needs.
You would draft Zbikowski in round 1? Ouch, glad you're not the person that decides who we pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 13, 2006, 10:28:24 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to start a wish list.  You don't even know where the Bucs will be in the draft.  Or if they will trade away a pick for something like a decent player.  Way to early.  At least you are updating us on a decent college player though....FWIW.

#11 : October 13, 2006, 10:29:08 PM

I like Meriweather a lot. He is as close to a sure thing as they come. NOt sure if I would like that pick depending on who else is on the board. It takes a special playmaker at CB or Safety to warrant this team taking them in round 1, and I think Meriweather is that player in the 15-25 range of the 1st round. I dont see the BUcs picking that low, and I dont see them picking him over Buster Davis, Moses, Adams, Levi Brown, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 13, 2006, 10:59:07 PM

Meriweather is my favorite current Hurricane! I say yes to him all day. I know first hadn that this guy can play some football.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 13, 2006, 11:01:08 PM

Meriweather is my favorite current Hurricane! I say yes to him all day. I know first hadn that this guy can play some football.

Well anyone who watches 'Canes ball should be on par then, right?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#14 : October 13, 2006, 11:19:47 PM

So you dont liek Meriweathers game Boid? Im a FSU fan, and Ive thought since last year that Meriweather was the best safety in the country
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My New 4 Round Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools