Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 04, 2006, 07:10:40 PM

You know what? Go ahead and sign me up for the band wagon! Arizona has Leonard Davis remember? They might take a defensive player. Thier D is rather bad in the trenches. This is pretty good draft for early tackles so lets find our franchise LT!

Welcome aboard! Leonard Davis is a pending UFA, and may be another option at LT for the Bucs.

Well we're going to need someone to need something photoshopped to start our bandwagon!

Booger

Starter

#16 : December 04, 2006, 07:01:22 PM

You know what? Go ahead and sign me up for the band wagon! Arizona has Leonard Davis remember? They might take a defensive player. Thier D is rather bad in the trenches. This is pretty good draft for early tackles so lets find our franchise LT!

Welcome aboard!  Leonard Davis is a pending UFA, and may be another option at LT for the Bucs.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 04, 2006, 06:50:09 PM

Forget a QB....LT Joe Thomas. Once we get a good LT then are last year 1st rd pick can actually have a chance at being a good RB.

I agree 100%, Joe Thomas is the guy. We need to finish worse than Arizona though, as I think that they will take him given the opporunity. Can you imagine our OL with Trueblood/Joseph on the right and Buenning/Thomas on the left (Wisconsin teammates to boot)?

I would take Thomas in round one, and two DL in round 2. It all starts in the trenches, and we are in need of help on both sides.

Why take Troy Smith with Gradkowski on the roster? Very similar players in my opinion.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#18 : December 04, 2006, 06:39:42 PM

I'm still holding out for David Carr in the offseason.

that would be awesome!   but what would we have to give up for him?  even if it was a 2nd rounder i would take that for david carr, he is very underrated imo, he would do well here, and while he is at it tell him to bring andre johnson haha

i dont know about Troy Smith, if Russell nor Quinn were available i wouldnt mind him if he was there with our 2nd 2nd round pick, troy smith looks good but i dont know, something just tells me he wont be good in the nfl

Booger

Starter

#19 : December 04, 2006, 05:46:42 PM

Forget a QB....LT Joe Thomas. Once we get a good LT then are last year 1st rd pick can actually have a chance at being a good RB.

I agree 100%, Joe Thomas is the guy.  We need to finish worse than Arizona though, as I think that they will take him given the opporunity.  Can you imagine our OL with Trueblood/Joseph on the right and Buenning/Thomas on the left (Wisconsin teammates to boot)?

I would take Thomas in round one, and two DL in round 2.  It all starts in the trenches, and we are in need of help on both sides.

Why take Troy Smith with Gradkowski on the roster?  Very similar players in my opinion.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 04, 2006, 05:50:18 PM

If the Bucs get Joe T, it will be a much better thing than if the Bucs signed Simms, IMO.  Gruden won't roll with another rookie for two years in a row.  And I doubt Grads is really the guy he is infatuated with.

We can all specualte about this, and my opinion is Gruden is stuck in a corner, and when he turns around, guess what?  He sees a wall...a wall of Rattay and injury bitten Simms and McCown, and an Ike Hilliard saying "Put me in coach!"

Gruden is only going with Grads because he has no choice.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2006, 05:17:27 PM

I'm still holding out for David Carr in the offseason.

thanson

Starter

#22 : December 04, 2006, 05:06:29 PM

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 03, 2006, 09:08:18 PM

Quinn is a joke on which to waste a top 5 pick, Brohm is probably staying put, and and Russell, assuming he comes out, will be gone before the 2nd round.

Is this guy just too short to succeed?  Everything else is there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 03, 2006, 09:09:26 PM

Is Grads too short to suceed?  Troy has many more physical and intangible traits that the Bucs could use.

If they are willing to roll with Grads, then Troy is the improved model, IMO.

I would draft him, if he were available.

#25 : December 03, 2006, 09:12:35 PM

Is Grads too short to suceed?  Troy has many more physical and intangible traits that the Bucs could use.

If they are willing to roll with Grads, then Troy is the improved model, IMO.

I would draft him, if he were available.

If I'm not mistaken, the question marks about Troy Smith are similar to those that Gradkowski has: arm strength, size.

Let's spend a first-rounder on him!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 03, 2006, 09:13:26 PM

Arm strength is not a question with Smith.  Accuracy can be off at times though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 03, 2006, 09:16:21 PM

Troy can throw a nice ball.  And he can make HUGE plays with his legs.

He is not worth a first rounder, but he is a much better QB than GRads is.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 03, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

He will be there early 2nd round and I don't think he'd be a reach there. 

Larry Brackins

Starter
#29 : December 03, 2006, 10:06:35 PM

If he is there with our 1st 2nd round pick, I would draft him in a heartbeat.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools