Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DeSean Jackson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 12, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

Im sorry I only skimmed that because obviously Im not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine but this caught my eye....

The Pac 10 isn't known for Speed...?

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #16 : March 12, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

Steve Smith is also 5'9. I'm not saying Jackson is Smith but just because you are a 6' ft. or plus receiver doesn't automaticall make you good. Michael Clayton and Stovall prove that. Add to that Galloway is a mere two inches taller then Jackson.

It certainly is a concern but if the Bucs were not certain Desean could be a weapon then they won't draft him at 20. We will have to see.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 12, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »

Steve Smith is also 5'9. I'm not saying Jackson is Smith but just because you are a 6' ft. or plus receiver doesn't automaticall make you good. Michael Clayton and Stovall prove that. Add to that Galloway is a mere two inches taller then Jackson.

It certainly is a concern but if the Bucs were not certain Desean could be a weapon then they won't draft him at 20. We will have to see.

But Galloway weighs 197 and Steve Smith weighs blah blah blah

They will do the numbers dance with you.

If Jackson's size doesnt bother NFL scouts or Jerry Rice

Well then it doesnt bother me

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #18 : March 12, 2008, 10:36:22 PM »

I want us to draft Jackson, and I have for months now.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 12, 2008, 10:40:05 PM »

DeSean Jackson is more like Santana Moss not the short, but powerfull Steve Smith.  DeSean isn't known for his power despite his small frame.

Wide Receiver in the first round in this draft isn't worth it honestly.  It is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole just becuase it is an important need for this team IMVHO.

This is why I have been adamant the team upgrade WR via FA becuase the draft class at WR is ordinary.

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #20 : March 12, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »

In all honesty I think the Bucs should grab a CB in the first round. That isn't their MO but there are some excellent ones in this draft. A WR could wait a few rounds or so.

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

« #21 : March 12, 2008, 10:53:19 PM »

Im sorry I only skimmed that because obviously Im not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine but this caught my eye....

I like that I write a detailed, thought out argument against Desean Jackson but you won't read it. And those that don't like Jackson are the unreasonable ones.

And the Pac 10 is historically a slower conference than the SEC and is certainly no faster than the ACC. If you want an example of Pac 10 speed to support Desean Jackson, keep looking. Reggie Bush is at best a major disappointment, and the next fastest player off the top of my head is Jones-Drew who's body and style are polar opposite of Jackson.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 12, 2008, 10:55:04 PM »

CB could wait as well.

This draft is a heck of a lot deeper in terms of above average CBs than it is above average WRs

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #23 : March 12, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »

The comparison to Smith doesn't work at all because Smith plays much bigger, can play in the middle of the field, makes the tough catch, can run the underneath routes and the deep route. Jackson is not comparable to Smith at all other than height. He's just not that type of player.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 12, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »

Actually the draft has a bunch of above average WR's but enough top ten talent at WR (if any).  Cornerback is simply deep starting with top ten talent (as well as RB) all the way down to the fourth round.

Fire_Schiano

Practice Squad
« #25 : March 12, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »

if the Bucs sign Bryant Johnson or DJ hackett...what room do we exactly have with Galloway, Hilliard, Bryant, Clayton, and Stovall already.

bryant is a TC tryout nothing more

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #26 : March 12, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »

DeSean Jackson is more like Santana Moss not the short, but powerfull Steve Smith.  DeSean isn't known for his power despite his small frame.

Wide Receiver in the first round in this draft isn't worth it honestly.  It is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole just becuase it is an important need for this team IMVHO.

This is why I have been adamant the team upgrade WR via FA becuase the draft class at WR is ordinary.

I'm concerned that Jackson is more like Sinorice Moss and not Santana Moss.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 12, 2008, 10:59:55 PM »

I like that I write a detailed, thought out argument against Desean Jackson but you won't read it. And those that don't like Jackson are the unreasonable ones.

And the Pac 10 is historically a slower conference than the SEC and is certainly no faster than the ACC. If you want an example of Pac 10 speed to support Desean Jackson, keep looking. Reggie Bush is at best a major disappointment, and the next fastest player off the top of my head is Jones-Drew who's body and style are polar opposite of Jackson.

I never called you unreasonable.

I said you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.

Historically the Pac-10 is known for being fast and soft while the SEC is known for being Strong and Steady

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 12, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »

I dont' want Jackson at all really, BUT, that being said and some have brought it up here about Galloway getting hurt. If Galloway goes down this offense would be DEAD with Clayton, HIlliard and Stovall. I mean it would be the slowest group of WR's known to mankind. This alone keeps Jackson in the mix for that selection at #20.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #29 : March 12, 2008, 11:27:58 PM »

Garcia won't be around forever and this team already has plenty of blundering recievers to catch the ball in traffic.

Jackson isn't going to break many tackles but he is nearly uncatchable in the open field and has great ball skills.

The kid is a Weapon.

Trickplays, Screens, Reverses, Deep Routes, Kick and Punt Returns.

He is versatile and can stretch the field
Sounds like Reggie Bush to me...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DeSean Jackson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools